You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:03 pm

Fabrizio Romano appreciation post:

Can't see tweet? Click here!

He gained more than 150k followers on twitter for less than 10 days. He's going to remain in the history as the most accurate football transfer journalist.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby tuscanybayern » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:47 am

I have never lived in Munich nor have visited the city in winter so maybe I'm not entitled to talk on the subject but from this interview he looks like a drama queen to me. OK WINTERS CAN BE VERY COLD but it's not fucking Norway, come on.

I liked him very much in his two years at Bayern and the best obvious choice for him was to stay in Munich - at least for 1 more year! Everyone knew that going back to Madrid would have ruined his career. Now he is totally irrelevant because no matter how good he is or thinks he is, no top club would want him - last year he turned down Napoli and now he has wasted one more year in Madrid.

Arsenal, Everton, Leicester, Milan are the only clubs who could want him.
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:55 am

Munich is the coldest city in the world which hosts a top football club.

It's colder than Manchester, Liverpool, London, anywhere in Spain, Paris, Turin, Milan etc.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:01 am

maybe I'm used to it since I grew up in a similar climate (probably colder than Munich actually), but Munich's winters never seemed that cold to me. Last winter we didn't even get any snow...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:25 am

Winters can get cold but it is a nice climate if you are used to it. I live some 300km away from Munich and have the same climate...but I will never forget one CL night at Munich (it was March). I just couldnt take 90+ minutes of cold wind coming from south (the Alps)..I have never been so cold in my life lol. and I am used to these temperatures. So i understand if a person that comes from South America cant take it.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:37 am

Mind you, I made my assertion based on average temperatures in winter. There are many cities north of Munich which simply aren't as cold.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:43 am

nm462272 wrote:saw a post on reddit/Transfermarkt this morning, referencing an interview that James did recently. I'm just going to post what is on reddit:

James recently did an interview with Daniel Habif and briefly spoke on his time with Bayern and in Munich/Germany in general. I'd like to share what he said about the team and his thoughts on his time in Germany as a whole. The interview is entirely in Spanish and the translations are my own, so his message/thoughts may not be translated with 100% accuracy. I'll do my best to get the points across.

Daniel Habif: To go from Argentina and eventually be in Germany...huge difference right?

James: Well first of all, the cold weather and Germans are also very cold themselves. I received such spectacular treatment and its a club that really loved me too. Its a society where living (for me in Germany) is not easy. It was hard because its a cold, like -20 degrees (Celsius). There were days (laughs) where I'd go to train at 9, I'd turn the car on and see the temperature at -28 degrees and I'd say 'what am I doing here'. The cold is unbelievable..... The cold is hard on me. But look Munich is a city with such a high qualify of life. But I couldn't get comfortable.

Habif: The culture of Germany and the way of life in Munich, well I love it. I also really love Berlin.

James: Yes. They (Germans) only think about work. Work. Work. Work. They're like machines. Its incredible. You get there you say 'hello, hello good morning', you train and okay, goodbye have a good day. Everyone with their own life, and they're like just little machines. Its incredible.

Habif: I mean look at everything Germans invented. And all the culture, all over Germany. All the universities, the philosophers, they're just awesome. And man they also party hard.

James: Also that. When they drink those beers of 5 liters, they drink it all in 25 minutes (laughs) its incredible.

Habif: Well I imagine that the managers in Germany are very strict to, no?

James: With my first coach there (Jupp) everything was calm. He was older, he's 74 years old and it was a bit calmer. With my last coach there (Kovac) he was very strong, very serious. He's from Croatia.

Habif: And do you speak German?

James: German, man, it took a lot from me. I didn't have the desire. And I told the coach in the first 4 months 'Look, I'm not going to waste your time. I don't want to I don't want to (learn German). It's a language that I just didn't want to learn, you know?

Habif: How did you get instructions from the trainer, in English?

James: With my first manager there (Jupp) he spoke Spanish, so it was perfect. With the 2nd coach (Kovac) it was all in English. I speak English (better than German) so it was good too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The entire interview is fairly long but its very interesting. They talk a bit about his life growing up, leaving his family in Colombia when he moved to Argentina to play with Banfield, the mentality it takes to make it as a pro, his relationship with Zidane, how he wanted to leave Real Madrid this year but wasn't allowed to (juicy stuff) and his take on life in general.

Heres the link on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/61FCtf ... 7jy3XGc3Xg

unfortunately it seems pretty clear that he was never intent on staying with Bayern, and always treated it like a temporary stop in his path back to glory with Real Madrid. at least Coutinho gives the impression that he enjoys it here...
Come on man!

You live here, tell me: when's the last time you saw -28 Celsius?

I mean we're getting warmer every year, it’s been 11 years since the last white Christmas, and -28 is something I have NEVER experienced... He's obviously exaggerating...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:51 am

sch0ll7 wrote:Winters can get cold but it is a nice climate if you are used to it. I live some 300km away from Munich and have the same climate...but I will never forget one CL night at Munich (it was March). I just couldnt take 90+ minutes of cold wind coming from south (the Alps)..I have never been so cold in my life lol. and I am used to these temperatures. So i understand if a person that comes from South America cant take it.
Wimp
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:52 am

exaggerating for sure :lol: i think the last time i saw -28 was 15-20 years ago, in New York... it's been a while!
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:53 am

MUTU wrote:Mind you, I made my assertion based on average temperatures in winter. There are many cities north of Munich which simply aren't as cold.
Ah now we know why our focus is on German (and French) players - it’s a strategic decision!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:54 am

nm462272 wrote:exaggerating for sure :lol: i think the last time i saw -28 was 15-20 years ago, in New York... it's been a while!
Had -25 I think when I was like 22...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:55 am

#12 wrote:
nm462272 wrote:exaggerating for sure :lol: i think the last time i saw -28 was 15-20 years ago, in New York... it's been a while!

i remember once when i was in high school, we had school cancelled for a day because with wind chill the temperature was -45 C. I'd like to see James try to play in those temps 8)

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:56 am

nm462272 wrote:
#12 wrote:

i remember once when i was in high school, we had school cancelled for a day because with wind chill the temperature was -45 C. I'd like to see James try to play in those temps 8)
In all fairness, they wouldn’t... Those sound like temperatures in which you would need a face mask and extra equipment...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:59 am

during the winters it is mostly around 0. it rarely goes under -10. it maybe happens for a week and that is it. it is really not that bad...but for an south american guy who never experienced anything like that, can be extreme.Torino also has a similar climate...as is close to the alps. It gets cold during the winter but it is really nice during other 8-9 months. and summers are actually hot.
English climate is much worse if you ask me..it is not that cold but it is also not that nice during the summer and it rains a lot more.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:01 pm

In continental Croatia temperatures can drop to -10 or -15°C. January 2017 it was -19°C for few days.

In February 2012 we had -22°C, snow and ice for 10-15 days.

Latest winter was like early spring or late autumn, the warmest ever in the history.
No snow at all except it fell for 1 day and night some silly snowflakes, 3 days -2°C around March 20th and destroyed almost everything in agriculture, fruit trees, hazelnuts, nuts for the year 2020. All in all, winter was extremely warm in Croatia.

-28°C in Munich, haha. :lol: I haven't seen on European forecast these temperatures in Russia, Moscow and St. Petersburg for the last 10-15 years. :mrgreen:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge