You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:51 am

pyrasur wrote:I don’t get what’s the big deal. Serena Williams is the greatest tennis player of all time and the USWNT is better than the men.
But they compete within the same sex.
And yes... your women's team were beaten by some 15 year old boys
Last edited by ramsej84 on Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:17 am

pyrasur wrote:I don’t get what’s the big deal. Serena Williams is the greatest tennis player of all time and the USWNT is better than the men.

Serena Williams is the greatest tennis player of all time?!?! Serena Williams was destroyed by a male ranked 203rd in the world who had just played a game of golf and drank two shandies. He then beat her sister.

There is no comparison between male and female sports, that's why they keep them apart.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:22 am

ramsej84 wrote:https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1174752516187348992?s=19

Transgender athletes are destroying women's sports

You can't cheat the nature and medicine. This issue has been very active for the last 4-5 years and the negative voice is raising every year.

I just hope men won't protect them, though. :mrgreen: They should take care of their own mess as an equal sex, capable of dealing with this situation. :lol: :mrgreen:

Joke aside. One is crystal clear - this isn't going to happen in men's sports and everybody with a pinch of logic shall know why. :wink:

Just put Stipe Miočić and Fabricio Werdum in octagon against Ronda Rousey and Gina Carano. I bet Dana White would immediately invite an undertaker and cemetery service.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

General Chat Thread

Postby pyrasur » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:28 am

I didn’t decide this. Reputable journalists decided the science of this.

“Attempting to describe the true level of Serena Williams’s greatness is pointless. Or, rather, was pointless. In 2017, three things are certain: death, taxes, and misogynistic asshats who devalue the accomplishments of women, necessitating nonsense activities like defending Serena Williams’s greatness”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/serena-wi ... the-debate

As for the transgender debate, there’s this hard-hitting piece from huffington post: “the IOC does not consider being transgender an unfair advantage. The IOC did, however, consider drinking too much coffee an unfair competitive advantage for nearly 20 years. The IOC still considers baking soda a potential doping agent, though.”

Fair warning you will probably be sued by the state of California for your discrimination and barred from entry to the state. I’m sorry but it is what it is.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:32 am

MUTU wrote:Serena Williams is the greatest tennis player of all time?!?! Serena Williams was destroyed by a male ranked 203rd in the world who had just played a game of golf and drank two shandies. He then beat her sister.

There is no comparison between male and female sports, that's why they keep them apart.

“The men’s circuit is different. The play is different. Williams is stronger than some of the men, and some of the men are stronger than she is, but the difference is that the men in that circuit are conditioned to play at a level that Williams, if she were to appear in one or two stunt matches against a high-ranked player, isn’t conditioned to.”

That was clearly a stunt match and doesn’t count. Also Serena isn’t conditioned to play actual tennis, so just because the 203rd man was better than her doesn’t mean she isn’t the greatest tennis player ever.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:45 pm

I give up, you're either pulling my leg or beyond redemption
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

General Chat Thread

Postby pyrasur » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:48 pm

I just hope there’s still time to re-educate you
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Hardrade » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:51 am

pyrasur wrote:Reputable journalists decided the science of this.

What is the worth of “reputable” in journalism? And how do they “decide” the science of anything? What a silly statement.

Serena won’t be the greatest tennis player in a million years because she is inferior. It’s really that simple. And people know it. They can spin it into hatred, bias, matter of sex and race, but people will still know it. She plays in an inferior subset of the tennis community, against weaker opposition and enjoys more lenient rules.
To put it into practical terms - she never competed for a title in a 5 set match.

Serena is PSG of tennis.
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:00 am

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:21 pm

Hardrade wrote:
What is the worth of “reputable” in journalism? And how do they “decide” the science of anything? What a silly statement.

Serena won’t be the greatest tennis player in a million years because she is inferior. It’s really that simple. And people know it. They can spin it into hatred, bias, matter of sex and race, but people will still know it. She plays in an inferior subset of the tennis community, against weaker opposition and enjoys more lenient rules.
To put it into practical terms - she never competed for a title in a 5 set match.

Serena is PSG of tennis.

It should be a human rights violation to attack the press in this way. Probably actually already is. The prize money for women at wimbledon is equal to the men, which shows that actually women’s tennis is considered more valuable on a per set basis. Even Hollywood recognizes the greater importance of women as shown by the new Billie Jean King movie coming out where she beat that one dude. No one is going to make a movie about some rando man beating Serena.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Hardrade » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:49 pm

pyrasur wrote:
Hardrade wrote:

Serena is PSG of tennis.

It should be a human rights violation to attack the press in this way. Probably actually already is. The prize money for women at wimbledon is equal to the men, which shows that actually women’s tennis is considered more valuable on a per set basis. Even Hollywood recognizes the greater importance of women as shown by the new Billie Jean King movie coming out where she beat that one dude. No one is going to make a movie about some rando man beating Serena.

Press doesn’t have human rights, it’s not a person. And I don’t know which attack you are referencing here?

The prize money being equal is based on a political principle, not on evaluation. Given the vast discrepancy in quality and popularity of WTA and ATP, there is no way to establish such an evaluation in favor of WTA.

Hollywood is a really odd argument, at this point you are surely joking. But you are right in one aspect - nobody is making a movie about a random pro beating Serena because it’s expected of random pro to beat her, given the difference of quality. Fairy tales sell better, but they make for a shitty argument.
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:44 pm

InjuriesImage
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:05 am

Gender Neutral Barbie

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/11770 ... 49248?s=19

My thoughts. Let children be children.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:13 am

ramsej84 wrote:Gender Neutral Barbie

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/11770 ... 49248?s=19

My thoughts. Let children be children.

I hope that you realise that they do this for the media attention, right? Also, still a good thing to have. What if the kid has a gender neutral aunt/uncle? Do you hide your family member from them or do you want them to show acceptance?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:47 am

LET CHILDREN BE CHILDREN, when they grow they will understand... and children are innocent for them everyone is a person ... maybe at nine or ten they will start to realize certain things.. but please not at four five or six years old.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge