You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby #12 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:https://www.timesofmalta.com/mobile/articles/view/20181206/health-fitness/migrants-tend-to-be-healthier-live-longer-study.696015

Migrants tend to be healthier, live longer - study

Migrants tend to be healthier than the residents of wealthy countries they travel to, such as the United States, and often help fight diseases by becoming healthcare workers in those nations, according to a study published on Wednesday.

Populist arguments that migrants pose a health risk and a burden to health systems are myths used to drive anti-immigrant sentiment, the report published by University College London 

Actually, I think both sides exaggerate in this...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:24 pm

Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:14 am

Egyptian authorities are trying to verify whether a video of a couple clambering naked to the top of the pyramid in Giza is authentic.

Egyptian antiquities minister Khaled al-Anani, quoted by Al-Ahram newspaper, said they were checking whether the video was real, and would prosecute any officials found to be negligent.

Scaling the pyramids was "strictly forbidden", he added, calling the images a "violation of public morality".

The three-minute video was posted to YouTube by the Danish photographer, Andreas Hvid, who said that he and a friend climbed the Great Pyramid of Giza at the end of November.

“Fearing to be spotted by the many guards, I did not film the several hours of sneaking around at the Giza Plateau, which lead up to the climb,” he wrote.

The photographer also posted an image of the couple lying naked on top of each other in broad daylight – but he told a Danish paper that they only posed for the photo and did not actually have sex. [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:00 pm

Really sad news tonight as I have just found out that a former student of mine died in a car accident in Spain. He was very young, a month older than me in fact.

I did not keep in touch with many students, unlike my friends who teach and add most of them on social media. He was one of the few exceptions and probably my favourite out of all the ones I taught over three years. I still remember the first question he asked me: "Are you German?" He had joined my class the morning after the 2014 World Cup final and I was obviously sleep deprived and wearing the German kit. He was a Real fan but had a particular affinity for French and German football (he had studied in France for a while too).
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:08 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Really sad news tonight as I have just found out that a former student of mine died in a car accident in Spain. He was very young, a month older than me in fact.

I did not keep in touch with many students, unlike my friends who teach and add most of them on social media. He was one of the few exceptions and probably my favourite out of all the ones I taught over three years. I still remember the first question he asked me: "Are you German?" He had joined my class the morning after the 2014 World Cup final and I was obviously sleep deprived and wearing the German kit. He was a Real fan but had a particular affinity for French and German football (he had studied in France for a while too).
.... :(
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:00 am

Quick question

The hotel I work in offers a special type of booking which you can cancel free of charge 2 weeks prior to your arrival.

But what confuses me is that they refer to this offer as
cancel your booking within two weeks of arrival

Shouldn't the term "within" imply the total opposite? I always thought within meant inside. So in this case you would be cancelling your booking inside those two weeks and not prior to them ?

:-({|=
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby pyrasur » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:21 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Shouldn't the term "within" imply the total opposite? I always thought within meant inside.

I'd agree with you, the word choice is confusing. If you take out the first part, "within two weeks of arrival", the common interpretation among most would be two weeks after arriving. "Within" would imply how quickly something had taken place. "Within a week of taking the job, I'd already figured out everyone's name".

Bottom line: the hotel needs to choose a different preposition.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:42 am

Exactly, it doesn't even mean cancelling in the two weeks BEFORE you arrive, it implies cancelling in the two weeks after. That wording is horrible.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:34 pm

There are different types of bookings, but this text is taken from the website

Cancel within 2 days of arrival to avoid charges
A valid credit/debit card is required to secure all reservations.

Does that mean that someone can stay in the hotel for one night, cancel the booking the day after and get a refund? :lol:

I mentioned it some time ago in a meeting that we had, but they said the text is 100% correct and I didn't respond cause English is their mother tongue so the should know better.

And besides, it is a 5 star posh hotel so the booking and cancellation policy should be clear :^o
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Agree with all the above too, doesn't make sense.

The thing is, even if they meant to say "you can cancel in the two days/weeks BEFORE arrival", that doesn't make sense either... If I make the booking three days/weeks in advance, does that mean I have to wait one day/week before I can cancel?
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:39 pm

https://www.timesofmalta.com/mobile/art ... eek.697115

Burnout, stress lead more companies to try a four-day work week

Half of people surveyed would complete work in five hours - without interruptions

Work four days a week, but get paid for five?

I think that it is a very healthy...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

General Chat Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:21 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:There are different types of bookings, but this text is taken from the website

Cancel within 2 days of arrival to avoid charges
A valid credit/debit card is required to secure all reservations.

Does that mean that someone can stay in the hotel for one night, cancel the booking the day after and get a refund? :lol:

I mentioned it some time ago in a meeting that we had, but they said the text is 100% correct and I didn't respond cause English is their mother tongue so the should know better.

And besides, it is a 5 star posh hotel so the booking and cancellation policy should be clear :^o

Well I think it's quite obvious what they mean is to cancel up to 2 days before (if there are fewer than 2 days left you pay) but that's because of how the industry works. It's not what the text is saying.

Probably you could win a court case about it.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:30 pm

I would change the text quite a bit. Something like cancellations are free up to 2 days before the expected arrival, otherwise a charge may apply.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:26 pm

I won this €5 coin commemorating 10 years of the Euro in Malta. Apparently it's legal tender (though I can't imagine a shop accepting it or anyone being stupid enough to spend it) and there are only 2000 copies.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:04 pm

prasun77 wrote:
tflags wrote:Please follow this thread or post inminent and breaking news affecting the team here before parting to each topic thread.

I don't understand. Means, What is the point?

Why post twice? Once in Hernandez thread and then again here?

Also what are the topics entailed?
EX-
1)Is Uli resigning Breaking news?
2)Is Woo Jeong extending contract breaking news?
3)Is Fruchtl refusing new contract breaking news?
4)Is some Mr.Obenhofer being inducted into the AG board breaking news?

I'll tell you something; if you can't distinguished between the importance of a second division player contractual situation and the clubs president's resigning, I think you should be worried about something else entirely other than my BREAKING NEWS thread. . . :lol:
tflags

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge