You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Fénix » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Social media are social media, forums are forums. Two things can't be compared or linked in any kind of way.

I can read and post in more than one language on social networks, but to be honest, I won't see any quality discussion on Facebook even though you write under your name and surname, it's just impossible.
Where were social media 10 years ago in context of media, news sites, discussions? Nowhere. Where were forums? In the most developed countries of the world it was normal to discuss in year 1999 or 2000 when the whole forum thing was growing, developing and upgrading, forum language, slang, shortcuts and so on along with some chat rooms, but that's also completely another story.

The original idea of social media changed after Facebook everything moved on a completely another level around 2010 by introducing daily media, links and websites while in 2008 and 2009 it was nothing different than MySpace, Hi 5, Tagged, etc. Facebook pages used to be "become a fan" of some product, brand, food, beverage, movie, sports collective, athletes, actors, etc. But in less than 2 years that started to turn into official pages of the latter ones and advertisement, normal communication channel between ordinary users and their fans, members, costumers... Today it's a tool of info, address, market, direction, some events, stories, all kind of services, etc.

And what was going on with forums all the time? They remained what they are, only geared up over the last 7-8 years with plug-ins, add-ons and BBCodes such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Daily Motion, Tapatalk etc., but its essence has remained discussion and nothing more than discussion about certain things(politics, sports, technology, PCs, army, weapons, food, beverage, movies, theater, music, history, languages, nature, animals, etc. etc. etc.).

For the last 8 years, social media have been an exhaust valve of daily frustrations, arrogance, narcissim, hate speech, general dissatisfaction, criticism, mockery, cheap jokes and comments that are suppose to make people laugh, etc. It's amusing when you are younger, less than 22-23 yo or a teenager, but after that it makes no sense and it looks pretty stupid especially when you back everything you write with your signature/print(name, personal info, hometown, photos, etc.).
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Open for discussionImage
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:47 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Open for discussionImage

I'm with you even though - as is normal for a cartoon - it‘s a little exaggerated...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Do students still stand up as the teacher walks in to greet him ?
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:19 pm

I guess although with me it’s not when I walk in... I usually say good morning or something and then they get up... Sometimes I let them in in the first place... And sometimes it was kind of a discussion... I won though...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:40 pm

That's exaggerated as #12 said, but there is of course a lack of respect for teachers nowadays which started getting really bad (at least in Malta) around 8 years ago. I see a huge difference between the experiences I had at school and the respect I have for the school and its teachers and those of most people who are just 3 or 4 years younger than me, in the same school.

P.S. The kid on the left looks like a boy in a girl's uniform to me. Thoughts, ramsej? :P (It is probably just a weird drawing which seems that way to me)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:59 pm

Just realised, has anyone heard from MaCk0y recently?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:That's exaggerated as #12 said, but there is of course a lack of respect for teachers nowadays which started getting really bad (at least in Malta) around 8 years ago. I see a huge difference between the experiences I had at school and the respect I have for the school and its teachers and those of most people who are just 3 or 4 years younger than me, in the same school.

P.S. The kid on the left looks like a boy in a girl's uniform to me. Thoughts, ramsej? (It is probably just a weird drawing which seems that way to me)
Oh... I never thought that it was not a girl
Probably it is just the uniform
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Just realised, has anyone heard from MaCk0y recently?
Yes it has been quite a while since he last posted
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:28 pm

BOTTLE JOB England keeper Jordan Pickford’s cheeky penalty tactics revealed during win over USA [source]

=D> =D> :mrgreen:
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby bonebreaker87 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi guys. I will go a bit off the topic but someone will maybe find this interesting. A while ago I stumble upon a couple of old Bayern Munich jerseys from the seasons 1995 - 1996. Since none of those three are my size, I put them up for sale on eBay. If anyone is interested contact me through this forum or through message on eBay. Here are the links:
- https://www.ebay.com/itm/223217277593
- https://www.ebay.com/itm/223217299725
- https://www.ebay.com/itm/223217309702
bonebreaker87
First post

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:34 am

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:23 pm

Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:52 pm

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:31 am

https://www.timesofmalta.com/mobile/art ... udy.696015

Migrants tend to be healthier, live longer - study

Migrants tend to be healthier than the residents of wealthy countries they travel to, such as the United States, and often help fight diseases by becoming healthcare workers in those nations, according to a study published on Wednesday.

Populist arguments that migrants pose a health risk and a burden to health systems are myths used to drive anti-immigrant sentiment, the report published by University College London 
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge