You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:30 pm

Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:05 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:36 pm

If you guys are wondering why I write here so much lately, all the other forums I've been writing on in the past are now dead. So I'm only on twitter and here basically.

It's actually impressive that this forum still lives in the era of all the social media. Most of the Dortmund fans are now on a whatsapp group but for me it's just a spam chat, you can't have a discussion or anything, kind of silly. So I prefer twitter, it's more elegant. And here of course. 2005-2014 were golden times for sports forums, now it's more and more difficult but bayernforum still hangs on.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:24 pm

Borusse wrote:If you guys are wondering why I write here so much lately, all the other forums I've been writing on in the past are now dead. So I'm only on twitter and here basically.

It's actually impressive that this forum still lives in the era of all the social media. Most of the Dortmund fans are now on a whatsapp group but for me it's just a spam chat, you can't have a discussion or anything, kind of silly. So I prefer twitter, it's more elegant. And here of course. 2005-2014 were golden times for sports forums, now it's more and more difficult but bayernforum still hangs on.
The decline of forums is something I don't like as a general trend. I don't think they serve the same purpose as social media, which is designed for higher pace communications and less depth.

Back in the day (10 years ago or so) I was very active in a cinema forum called YMDB which allowed you to make top 20 best films ever rankings and discuss them with others. The forum was mostly populated by fans of art cinema (European cinema of the 60s 70s, Asian film, etc). Then about 2 years ago IMDB also cancelled their per-movie forums and turned to Facebook or whatnot. Both left a hole IMO. Social media is not well designed for deep discussions. Too much noise and immediacy.

Also, I don't want to talk Bayern or cinema with people I personally know. People I personally know don't know about or care about either. I want to talk to strangers about this things, that is one of the points at which forums are superior for these things.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:43 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Borusse wrote:If you guys are wondering why I write here so much lately, all the other forums I've been writing on in the past are now dead. So I'm only on twitter and here basically.

The decline of forums is something I don't like as a general trend. I don't think they serve the same purpose as social media, which is designed for higher pace communications and less depth.

Back in the day (10 years ago or so) I was very active in a cinema forum called YMDB which allowed you to make top 20 best films ever rankings and discuss them with others. The forum was mostly populated by fans of art cinema (European cinema of the 60s 70s, Asian film, etc). Then about 2 years ago IMDB also cancelled their per-movie forums and turned to Facebook or whatnot. Both left a hole IMO. Social media is not well designed for deep discussions. Too much noise and immediacy.

Also, I don't want to talk Bayern or cinema with people I personally know. People I personally know don't know about or care about either. I want to talk to strangers about this things, that is one of the points at which forums are superior for these things.

Also forums give a sense of belonging (to a community), something that just doesn't happen on platforms like Twitter. At best, you'd have a Facebook Group, but it's not the same thing, not to mention that Facebook isn't exactly anonymous.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:12 pm

It's been 6 or 7 years since I was last active on a forum other than BayernForum myself.

Reddit does kind of replace forums in ways but on most subreddits I think the sense of community MUTU mentioned isn't there, especially because of huge numbers.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's been 6 or 7 years since I was last active on a forum other than BayernForum myself.

Reddit does kind of replace forums in ways but on most subreddits I think the sense of community MUTU mentioned isn't there, especially because of huge numbers.
Also the Bayern subreddit is dumb. People were still overwhelmingly maintaining that Ribery and Robben were perfectly good enough for Bayern by the begining of this season. There also a lot of intolerance in there; if you dare to question the common consensus, you get downvoted until your comment gets hidden :'D.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:22 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's been 6 or 7 years since I was last active on a forum other than BayernForum myself.

Also the Bayern subreddit is dumb. People were still overwhelmingly maintaining that Ribery and Robben were perfectly good enough for Bayern by the begining of this season. There also a lot of intolerance in there; if you dare to question the common consensus, you get downvoted until your comment gets hidden :'D.

Tbh I have often noticed that the views on BayernForum tend to differ radically from those on other public spaces. Facebook groups, pages, the Malta Bayern Fan Club... they all seem to agree with each other and disagree with the majority view on this forum on many subjects.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:32 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

Tbh I have often noticed that the views on BayernForum tend to differ radically from those on other public spaces. Facebook groups, pages, the Malta Bayern Fan Club... they all seem to agree with each other and disagree with the majority view on this forum on many subjects.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:07 pm

In other news:

RIP Stan Lee :(
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:50 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:In other news:

Who?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

General Chat Thread

Postby #12 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:51 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:In other news:

Who?

Creator of the Marvel heroes
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:54 pm

Oh... R.I.P
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:52 pm

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

Also forums give a sense of belonging (to a community), something that just doesn't happen on platforms like Twitter. At best, you'd have a Facebook Group, but it's not the same thing, not to mention that Facebook isn't exactly anonymous.

Agree totally. Also I don't know anyone personally who supports Bayern so this forum is where I get my sense of Bayern community and the only place I can discuss Bayern in depth and read opinions (although I sometimes read German Bayern forums but would never be confident enough to post regularly in German)
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge