You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:04 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:What sort of crime?
Drugs...
Money laundering
Heaven for mafia (Sicilian, Serbian, Libyan, Bulgarian, Russian)
Foreign gangs fighting each other...(worst being the Serbs and Libyans)
Local crime... the usual things...
The overall Society has degenerated

These too...
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:13 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:Kinda like Trump

Not to take anything from Malta, but yeah, sorry

Doesn’t mean Malta is bad though...

Not at all, but jokes aside I think quality of life in Malta is declining rapidly and part of it genuinely is due to immigration.

Climate change and these heatwaves may be a big problem all over Europe but if they keep advancing they will make Maltese summers unbearable. The lack of rain during the winters is already a major problem.

Then you have construction everywhere. What seems to be a war on trees. Too many vehicles... The number of cars will outnumber people soon. Decreasing air quality with more and more pollution. Exorbitant rents and increasing expenses in pretty much everything. Among the lowest average wages in the first world. Increasing crime at an alarming rate. Rapidly increasing population at very alarming in what was already the most overpopulated country in Europe (and has been since before I was born); some estimates suggest a 50% increase in the next few years. And what is very much turning into a lawless society, from ordinary citizens driving recklessly to impunity and corruption by every political alternative.

I don't want to paint a too negative picture. Malta has a lot to offer and in my opinion is a must visit in people's lives... It offers something to people of all kinds. Especially Europeans should make it a point to visit in my opinion because it's one of the gems in the EU. But visiting for a week and living here long term is a different thing and unless things change fast it's going to become a very undesirable place to live in. It already is for many actually.

We do have one great thing going for us though: low taxes.

I agree!
Heck I'm not for uncontrolled immigration or anything... I DO know it brings problems! I just reject the racist claims about it!
And in Germany it’s not even that much of an issue anymore...

For a country like Malta this is a Herculean task... Which is why the EU should stand together and help you guys - and should have done so years ago... Cause what Germany faced in 2015, you guys had faced for years before...

Part of your problems are universal though, I fear (like rents...)
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:16 am

What’s so bad about Singapore?

I gotta agree on that ramsej, current zeitgeist is somewhat broken... Don’t think I never see the brats in my job ;)
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:37 am

#12 wrote:What’s so bad about Singapore?

I gotta agree on that ramsej, current zeitgeist is somewhat broken... Don’t think I never see the brats in my job ;)
It will be only good for the filthy rich
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:44 am

ramsej84 wrote:

Isn’t that like everywhere?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:48 am

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Isn’t that like everywhere?
Not yet...
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:01 am

ramsej84 wrote:When one listens to the old folks recounting their beautiful & simple though hard lives with a tear in their eyes; one cannot not cry himself/herself

We ruined it ourselves... cause of the greed for money ...

Malta will end up like Singapore / Bangladesh... two opposite countries but very real possible scenarios...

Singapore is an exemplary country to be fair.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:03 am

How many Singaporeans live in Singapore?
Dumbledore7 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:When one listens to the old folks recounting their beautiful & simple though hard lives with a tear in their eyes; one cannot not cry himself/herself

We ruined it ourselves... cause of the greed for money ...

Malta will end up like Singapore / Bangladesh... two opposite countries but very real possible scenarios...

Singapore is an exemplary country to be fair.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:07 am

#12 wrote:Part of your problems are universal though, I fear (like rents...)

Perhaps, but consider this:
The average wage is €16k before tax, which as I said is low (at least).
The minimum wage is something like €9-10k.
Average rent is between €500 and €900 per month. If you want to pay about €100 less you can live in the oh so humane conditions of a garage. This is our reality.

So the problem may be universal but in Malta it is so bad that it is making it unlivable for a lot of people. The rents may be equal to other places (except major cities which are more expensive) but the income isn't. In many places the minimum wage is higher than Malta's average wage. You really might as well share with 2 or 3 friends and live in a major city somewhere for the same rent or lower than you'd pay in Malta while making 2x or 3x the money.

And this doesn't even begin to consider things like internet, mobile plans etc. which from what I've seen are among the most expensive in Europe.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:52 pm

Does anyone else experience this? In the lift/elevator with other people. Everybody is on their phone except me. I am the one staring either at the door, ground or at the other people.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:04 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Does anyone else experience this? In the lift/elevator with other people. Everybody is on their phone except me. I am the one staring either at the door, ground or at the other people.
I see it more in Restaurants... Public Gardens...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:28 pm

ramsej84 wrote:How many Singaporeans live in Singapore?

96.8% of the population. Do you know anything about Singapore at all?
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:How many Singaporeans live in Singapore?

96.8% of the population. Do you know anything about Singapore at all?

I disagree. ramsej84 considers anyone who had ancestors ten generations away who lived in Singapore as Singaporeans :P
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:49 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Does anyone else experience this? In the lift/elevator with other people. Everybody is on their phone except me. I am the one staring either at the door, ground or at the other people.

You can always grab attention by saying "So you must be wondering why I gathered you here today."

Normally I look at the ads/signs or the mirror if there's one.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

You can always grab attention by saying "So you must be wondering why I gathered you here today."

Normally I look at the ads/signs or the mirror if there's one.

You can always stare at a woman's breasts in that enclosed space if you want to raise the level of awkwardness.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge