You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 30, 2018 12:15 pm

Fénix wrote:
Wales will become first country in UK to ban smoking OUTSIDE as it passes law covering grounds of hospitals, schools and children's playgrounds

The Welsh Goverment will be extending it smoking ban to 'protect non smokers'
It will apply to the grounds of schools and hospitals as well as playgrounds
The country is set to bring in the ban by the summer of 2019

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z5GyxIZbtC

I can't imagine this happening on the Balkan and Slavic countries. People, especially girls and younger women, smoke like crazy.
Croatian government forbidden smoking in the restaurants, bars, night clubs, etc. 8 years ago while in public institutions was forbidden some 12 years ago. People at first respected the ban, but in less than 6 months that decision was a death letter on the paper. Now outside the objects, uhhhhhhh... In front of the high schools and their yards it was also banned, but you'd see 100 kids smoking.

100 ? More like half of the kids in the school + the teachers. :D
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Fénix » Wed May 30, 2018 12:22 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:100 ? More like half of the kids in the school + the teachers. :D

Hehe, well maybe 150-200 per every class break. :D I went to Electrotechnical school, not that we have up to thousand students like gymnasium. :)

I don't recall where my high school professors smoked, but in elementary school they had a hall and a school yard where everyone could see them smoke as an example of non-smoking campaign. :lol: :mrgreen:

In our countries any kind of smoking ban is just few steps to national revolution, haha. :lol: We are very sensitive about these "important" life questions. :D
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:46 pm

Fénix wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:100 ? More like half of the kids in the school + the teachers. :D

Hehe, well maybe 150-200 per every class break. :D I went to Electrotechnical school, not that we have up to thousand students like gymnasium. :)

I don't recall where my high school professors smoked, but in elementary school they had a hall and a school yard where everyone could see them smoke as an example of non-smoking campaign. :mrgreen:

In our countries any kind of smoking ban is just few steps to national revolution, haha. We are very sensitive about these "important" life questions. :D
I hate cigarettes...
If it was for me I would pass a law forbidding smoking... whoever is caught will be imprisoned

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 30, 2018 12:50 pm

Same here^
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Wed May 30, 2018 1:06 pm

I don't like them, either. But as I told Jesmar once, I know from time to time to buy a box and light up. :mrgreen: But I can't become addicted, though. 8)
And I'm enjoying in public places and bars where people don't smoke yet here in my city I can barely find a place where smoking isn't allowed. The biggest hotel in the city banned smoking inside and when I go there, I really enjoy. :)

Smoking is a bad sport, though.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:17 pm

And the most think I hate is when you can't go to eat in a Rest terrace as ppl are allowed to smoke outside.
Discrimination stamped into your face!

& when one cannot open the windows as your kind neighbor is smoking in his balcony.
Austria banned smoking in balconies as well

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed May 30, 2018 1:32 pm

That's why I like to joke for the last 13 years - smokers also want equality and right to smoke everywhere. :lol:

Seriously, when I smoke I never do it inside but outside of house. My father would kick me out of house and make me homeless. :mrgreen: It stinks in the closed places and areas, white walls and curtains become yellow with time. :)

I rather 'destroy' myself with sweets, salty snacks, chips, pizza, meat, burek, ćevapi, pommes frites, all sort of juice, Cola, beer... :mrgreen:
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed May 30, 2018 1:46 pm

These 2 days I watched a couple of episodes from the History of Football which started on 28/05 on the Hisory Channel. Although it includes great footage and insights from past World Cup editions I got a feeling that it is giving England a lot of non-existent glory but belittling Germany's achievements. It could be just the ones that I saw but was there anybody else who saw any others ?

There was an episode where Lineker visited the the Turin stadium which hosted the semi final between England and Germany from the '90 edition, with 2 other people and he was narrating how splendid was the England team in 1990 with one-sided highlights from the match. There was great moaning about their about that penalty shot which hit the post and came out. :lol: They came to the conclusion that England should have gone through because they were superior and if they did, they would surely have won it.

There was another lengthy feature about the '66 world cup, focusing on England personalities highlighting England's great fight in final - although pointing out that with today's technology we can say with high certainty that THAT WAS NOT A GOAL.

Another episode skipped straight from the '70 edition won by Brasil to the the '78 edition won by Argentina.

Then in between they ran a feature about football greats and was happy that hey featured Jogi. It narrated his rise but was very bare minimum and even for the World Cup glory it was important to mention that they drew to Algeria and won with just 1-0 over France, but then just mention that they eliminated Brasil in the semi - no clip at all [-X
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:14 pm

Disability is not inability,this guy really moved me into tears of joy. Brilliant !
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby nm462272 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:47 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/antho ... index.html

Not sure if anyone outside of the US knows this guy, but Anthony Bourdain committed suicide this morning... this is like a punch in the stomach. I grew up with this guy and he was a huge inspiration... RIP Anthony :cry:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:01 pm

I'm not familiar with him but I saw a couple of people sharing the news. How sad... so many high profile suicides lately.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:03 pm

he was a massive presence in US culture... not only for his TV shows and books, but also because he fought for the "little guy" and for equal rights... will truly be missed
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:40 pm

These five women have nothing to hide
They're unconventional, honest, and break all the rules [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:36 am

Heartbreaking story of a baby chimp
https://twitter.com/dodo/status/982438812579180546?s=19

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:53 pm

Three-quarters of flying insects in nature reserves across Germany have vanished in 25 years, with serious implications for all life on Earth, scientists say [source]

Chris Packham Warns An "Ecological Apocalypse" Looms For Great Britain [source]

I guess this is all nonsense, too. We have been doing a great job, though. Economic balance and rights are all we need. :wink:

Seriously though, I have a big backyard and a garden and I can't see any more bees, bumblebees, snails, especially beautiful butterflies who used to fly and make the nature look beautiful in the spring when I was a kid.

Also, it seems that there is a huge depopulation of birds like swallows. I can't see them in the last 7-8 years here as I used to see them 15-20 years ago. The same goes for bats and some other mammals and species.

The climate completely change in my region, it's becoming more tropical than continental as it should be.

Here you basically don't have spring for the last 12-13 years and the autumn. From winter-summer change and vice versa in less than month and a half.

Humidity is around 90-97% while in the past it wasn't nearly high. :roll: I don't like it at all. An agriculture region such as Slavonia can't stand these changes.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge