You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:08 pm

@the MUSEUM (doctrine lessons) I had introduced the plastic bottle as an alternative... and afterwards the tennis ball(as a football)

@primary school we used to play with a paper ball in the corridor... it was so much fun especially when it rained and we used to-do sliding tackles easier

With my cousins I used to play even with a packet of cigarettes...

Those were the days...
We can merge this to the nostalgia thread

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:10 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:Remember playing 'Germaniza'? Wonder why it's called like that. Was it invented by the Germans?

I hated it. I suck at it.
I know why.
I used to hate it as well.

Practically the name derives.... drum roll...

The fact that the Germans used to bomb us.. and since one had to shoot with all his might against a wall it was deemed to be like bombing the wall.

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:11 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:And another place we played a lot in was Kennedy Grove. I don't think I've been there since those days
It has changed a lot. It mostly caters for young children

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:58 am

ramsej84 wrote:@the MUSEUM (doctrine lessons) I had introduced the plastic bottle as an alternative... and afterwards the tennis ball(as a football)

@primary school we used to play with a paper ball in the corridor... it was so much fun especially when it rained and we used to-do sliding tackles easier

With my cousins I used to play even with a packet of cigarettes...

Those were the days...
We can merge this to the nostalgia thread

Yeah, it didn't occur to me to post this in the nostalgia thread. I put it here because I couldn't think of a good place.

Since you mentioned tennis balls, once (also after MUSEUM) I got hit really hard by one we were using as a tennis ball. Don't remember where... Either the head or the stomach. I swore eternal hatred to the shooter. Needless to say it was forgotten by the time I got home and we were playing again (but never with tennis balls) the next next time.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:21 pm

How does your life look like or what kind of person are you? Find out! :D
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby America USA » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:10 am

Death of Bayern Forum User(s)

This post is directed towards guys like MUTU, FCBayernMunchen, icewizard, etc. who have been on this forum for about a decade now.

There are many users on this forum who were once active posters and now haven’t logged in in many years. What if some (or even one) of them might have met the fate that every living being has to meet in the end? How does that make you feel?

I mean I know almost none of us know each other in reality but still we are all (presumably) humans behind the keyboard.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those Bayern fans who might once have posted on this forum just like myself but may not be with us anymore.

I was thinking about this earlier yesterday. I hope I am not creating needless negativity with this post and I couldn’t find a better thread to bring this up.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:07 pm

Funny you should mention icewizard, because I think a fair number of us were worried for him as he was in Paris during the attack a couple years back. The conversation was in the Germany vs France thread. I think the relief when he posted as soon as it has settled down was very real.

With forums we don't know each other by name but most of the time what we post anonymously is a deeper insight to the person, maybe even more so than in real life. Definitely not any less meaningful than real life relationships.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:22 pm

America USA wrote:Death of Bayern Forum User(s)

This post is directed towards guys like MUTU, FCBayernMunchen, icewizard, etc. who have been on this forum for about a decade now.

There are many users on this forum who were once active posters and now haven’t logged in in many years. What if some (or even one) of them might have met the fate that every living being has to meet in the end? How does that make you feel?

I mean I know almost none of us know each other in reality but still we are all (presumably) humans behind the keyboard.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those Bayern fans who might once have posted on this forum just like myself but may not be with us anymore.

I was thinking about this earlier yesterday. I hope I am not creating needless negativity with this post and I couldn’t find a better thread to bring this up.

I have met only two currently active users in real life: ramsej84 and MUTU. I've met a couple more former users, Tedesco and MatZam. I think that's all.

Nevertheless, it does kind of feel like you really get to know people here, especially when they've been here for a long time. Especially because of my age, I've been through so many changes in my personal life in the year I've been here that this community is one of the few constants. There have been bad days where it is just a nice relief to come on here and view the good old #12 bashing, political arguments, panicking on rumours/results, etc. :P

I'm not aware of any users having passed away, but I would be very sad to hear that news. I do not frequent the Maltese Bayern fan club much, but when I did attend, I always used to stay with this old guy, who would always sit on the same stool and who enjoyed speaking to me. I do not claim to have known him much, but when he passed away a few years ago it upset me. I feel it would be the same with any user here, whom I've come to know through their posts over the years even if I don't actually know them that well personally.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:39 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
America USA wrote:Death of Bayern Forum User(s)

I have met only two currently active users in real life: ramsej84 and MUTU. I've met a couple more former users, Tedesco and MatZam. I think that's all.

Nevertheless, it does kind of feel like you really get to know people here, especially when they've been here for a long time. Especially because of my age, I've been through so many changes in my personal life in the year I've been here that this community is one of the few constants. There have been bad days where it is just a nice relief to come on here and view the good old #12 bashing, political arguments, panicking on rumours/results, etc.

I'm not aware of any users having passed away, but I would be very sad to hear that news. I do not frequent the Maltese Bayern fan club much, but when I did attend, I always used to stay with this old guy, who would always sit on the same stool and who enjoyed speaking to me. I do not claim to have known him much, but when he passed away a few years ago it upset me. I feel it would be the same with any user here, whom I've come to know through their posts over the years even if I don't actually know them that well personally.
Poor old Pawlu, God grants him Eternal Rest....
He died weeks before we won the Champions league 2013.
He never missed a game... not even those of the National team.
His way of calling the players and how he described them was unique, either by their hairstyles (DvB comes to mind) or by name invented by himself, like BRENOv

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:57 pm

Wow, it's been that long?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:28 pm

According to this vid the education system... still in its industrial revolution days.

https://youtu.be/okpg-lVWLbE

Do you guys have an opinion?

I don't know what to say, I am very conservative on such issues but I agree that not all can or are able to learn the same way...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:56 pm

100% correct. Especially true in the east.

China, India and Indonesia are in the top 4 most populous countries in the world. In all likelihood, there are people as good as Messi, Mozart, Picasso, Gordon Ramsay in there. Instead, we hardly ever hear of any Asians being at the very top of their field. Most children are forced to submit to the academic pipeline, not even being able to take advantage of their true talent (if they even manage to discover it).

For instance, I consider myself to be a natural at cooking, the thing I like to do the most. It was very easy for me to learn from my mum at a very young age. Pursuing it as a career never occurred to me, and I will put at least some partial blame on the education system. There's still something I can do about it, but will never get to achieve what could've been if I had focused my life on it.

It's true though that some industry pipeline is needed to fit the industry. For instance, 1000 people on desk job may have made 1000 world class musicians, but the world is more in need of people in desk job than musicians. It's a dilemma, but I would hope that the system would at least make it less daunting to make the hard choice to drop off the academic safety net and do something else.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:10 pm

Don’t get me started... ;)
Nit easy for those teaching as well btw...
It’s not all shit though and criticizing is easier than actually doable solutions...

I don’t think I'm a natural, but I like cooking... I do it for leisure though and in all likelihood would hate the stress the profession brings... I think a general stock of education is mandatory...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:17 pm

Indeed, I also agree that basic education is needed and should be force-fed.

It may not be the education system that needs to change too much. However I feel that the youth need to understand (and be helped to see) that there may be other things in life. A lot of people already do it, but the exit barrier should be lower.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:32 pm

I wish UEFA would introduce a fair-play rule similar to Monopoly's Get Out of Jail Free card when it comes to suspensions. If a player shows great sportsmanship (such as admitting he fell on his own when the ref ordered a penalty), he would be given such a 'card', which would nullify a future suspension. This would serve as an incentive to players being true gentlemen.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge