You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:13 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
A 12-metre “Last Supper” billboard by New York Best at the Msida skatepark has been vandalised with the image of Christ peeled off the poster.
The billboard depicted Jesus Christ and his disciples eating a New York Best pizza, burgers and chips and drinking milkshakes.
The artwork, designed by Daniel Mercieca, raised the ire of several people who were scandalised and even complained to the police asking for action to be taken [source]

A big thanks to all those who removed it...

Conspiracy theory: they vandalised it themselves in order to get free publicity. Was thinking this before I even read that the owner happened to coincidentally take a video of the vandalism taking place.

Probably! And he was using his phone while driving... oops

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:23 am

Holy Mother of God...
https://www.timesofmalta.com/mobile/art ... ack.652205

I am curious to read more in depth details...

If the attack was unprovoked... the family of this man should go there and do what they need to do.

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:26 am

Regarding the poster, I agree it might have been intentional. But still, one of the people involved was Henry Battistino, the leader of the Moviment Patrijotti Maltin.

Let us put this in context. Around a year or so ago, Mr Battistino thought it was a good idea to go near a group of praying Muslims and hand out pork sandwiches. He had no problem with disrespecting a religion then. Now, he is apparently offended by a picture of Jesus enjoying the same food we do.

The thing I find most distasteful about the whole situation is that before it happened, NYB replied to negative facebook comments by mentioning Charlie Hebdo. While I do see the relation (both resulted from satire on a religion), it is outrageous to compare some negative comments on facebook with a terrorist attack.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:28 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Regarding the poster, I agree it might have been intentional. But still, one of the people involved was Henry Battistino, the leader of the Moviment Patrijotti Maltin.

Let us put this in context. Around a year or so ago, Mr Battistino thought it was a good idea to go near a group of praying Muslims and hand out pork sandwiches. He had no problem with disrespecting a religion then. Now, he is apparently offended by a picture of Jesus enjoying the same food we do.

The thing I find most distasteful about the whole situation is that before it happened, NYB replied to negative facebook comments by mentioning Charlie Hebdo. While I do see the relation (both resulted from satire on a religion), it is outrageous to compare some negative comments on facebook with a terrorist attack.

IMO the c.hebdo was not a terror attack. I know that after reading this you will want to hit me...

What the patrijotti did last time was not in good taste either... but they wanted to point one thing... that Muslims have their own place to pray so there was no need for the stunt they did...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:08 am

I think fair enough if you don't want to compare it to other terror attacks but a horrible crime nonetheless.

Regarding the praying Muslims, I am against such demonstrations in public but that applies to Mass in open air spaces as well. So I don't really mind that they protested it if it weren't for the hypocrisy (just like this case), but the pork sandwich stunt is just insulting and arrogant.

As for the advert, I don't mind it. I think it's funny and eye-catching and I don't see what's so offensive about it, I was always taught that Christianity is different because God became one of us and did everything like us except he was without sin. So yeah, who of us has never eaten a burger or a hotdog or chips?

However one should be more conscientious of our society. It was very obvious that many would react negatively to it and I think such reactions should be respected before putting out such an ad. But of course, that's marketing; they wanted this reaction.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:15 am

ramsej84 wrote:If the attack was unprovoked... the family of this man should go there and do what they need to do.

What would they need to do according to you?

And what would the family of a Marsa Open Center resident need to do if, hypothetically, the roles been reversed? (i.e. a group of Maltese attacked an immigrant)
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:56 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think fair enough if you don't want to compare it to other terror attacks but a horrible crime nonetheless.

Regarding the praying Muslims, I am against such demonstrations in public but that applies to Mass in open air spaces as well. So I don't really mind that they protested it if it weren't for the hypocrisy (just like this case), but the pork sandwich stunt is just insulting and arrogant.

As for the advert, I don't mind it. I think it's funny and eye-catching and I don't see what's so offensive about it, I was always taught that Christianity is different because God became one of us and did everything like us except he was without sin. So yeah, who of us has never eaten a burger or a hotdog or chips?

However one should be more conscientious of our society. It was very obvious that many would react negatively to it and I think such reactions should be respected before putting out such an ad. But of course, that's marketing; they wanted this reaction.

Agreed ...

But on one thing I am sorry... we are extremely on the opp side.

This is Malta... this is our island ... Malta is made up of (let say) 70% pracitising Catholics. We shall do what for centuries our ancestors did before us.
It is our duty to keep doing them.
As if...
And I shall say this again... those who are not happy or comfortable with our Catholic faith and everything that brings with have an easy decision to make, pack and go home... this applies for everywhere in the world.
I don't go to Dubai and expect to find a Church or to organize a procession with our Lady... And I respect that...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:08 pm

Malta probably has the highest concentration of churches and chapels in a small area in the world. By your reasoning why should people organise Mass outside? :P

Mind you they aren't anywhere near as regular as they used to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:18 pm

"Refugees" my foot...
Pushers... wow...
http://www.tvm.com.mt/en/news/six-somal ... paceville/
OMG... you claim to be a refugee and end up doing this to thank the country who is feeding you...
http://www.tvm.com.mt/en/news/remanded- ... f-cocaine/

And another one here...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:21 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:If the attack was unprovoked... the family of this man should go there and do what they need to do.

And what would the family of a Marsa Open Center resident need to do if, hypothetically, the roles been reversed? (i.e. a group of Maltese attacked an immigrant)

Here are the details.
http://www.tvm.com.mt/en/news/video-rem ... -at-marsa/

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:21 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Here are the details.

I'm trying to understand why you quoted me when you failed to answer either of the two questions I asked you :(
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:11 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="ramsej84"]If the attack was unprovoked... the family of this man should go there and do what they need to do.

Here are the details.

I'm trying to understand why you quoted me when you failed to answer either of the two questions I asked you :([/quote]
Smack his face

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:04 am

If you see this Roma or others asking for the same be aware and report him(them)
https://www.timesofmalta.com/mobile/art ... for.652315
He and otheres were seen all over...

Sorry Mutu ... I wanted to post it on maltese thread

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:08 pm

South Korean barista recreates famous paintings in cups of coffee [source]
=D>
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:55 pm

the 59 year old lady who has 20 tattoos all dedicated to Jose Mourinho :roll:
Lo Special One inciso sulla pelle [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge