You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:54 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
pyrasur wrote:I'm surprised they aren't demanding that their travel isn't paid for by either their own country or the host country. I saw this article today and it pisses me off that intellectuals who don't produce anything tangible feel like they are entitled and that the public should carry their useless weight.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/07/arts ... .html?_r=1

I'm generally fairly easy going, but having a job where useless people become very obvious and have their days become hell, I just have no tolerance for this.

I think choosing to fund something like that is obviously ridiculous but I disagreed with what you seem to be implying: that art in general (real art) should not be aided with funding.

As for the travellers, they should do what many have been doing for years and offer some skill in return for free housing/food, such as teaching English or whatever. What they're doing is a sense of entitlement at its best.

Funding art is wrong for two reasons,

the incidental/secondary one; that it requires a judgement about which work is worthy of funding and which isn't

And the fundamental one. Taxes implying taking from some to give to others. It implies some hardworking people are being robbed of a part of their income for it to be given to "artists".

Now taking money from people for public education is enough of a stretch. Robbing people to produce art is completely unacceptable.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Most art, and at the very least that which is funded should be so, is public. If those people who complain about paying taxes for that don't want to enjoy it, then it's their problem. A society needs its arts.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ottackon » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:00 pm

ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

General Chat Thread

Postby pyrasur » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:41 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Most art, and at the very least that which is funded should be so, is public. If those people who complain about paying taxes for that don't want to enjoy it, then it's their problem. A society needs its arts.

I do see the value in art. It does have a difficulty in that, if not done right it benefits everyone while only imposing the cost in some. My issue is that it goes back to a fundamental issue with economics: are the people receiving the utility paying for the utility, and where does the decision making authority lie? Even if I obtain the utility, does someone have the right to determine that i need that utility and that I should pay for it? Alternatively, how do you structure the cost collection to stop me free-riding because others are forced by necessity to pay.

I think society ought to be concerned with structuring their markets such that those who need a utility pay for it, and those that don't should not. That's why I'm perfectly happy to pay to visit an art museum. That's why i believe that the answer should be a free market. When my local government organizes to pay for something, I'm generally skeptical but at least the utility and the cost is hopefully limited to my locality which I can always choose to leave. When it's a national cost, the utility damn well better be of such overriding benefit to everyone that it justifies the method of cost collection.

In this case, I merely exercise my right to bitch and complain until it creates such a cost (in PR or in an election) that it overrides whoever it is in charge that has found the benefit in being lazy with my money. It's ridiculous that she gets away with this, and I refuse to swallow the cost. If all I can do is piss her off, at least I'm imposing a penalty that makes the cost distribution more just. I think the attitude that it's "just my problem" when it's public money is unacceptable.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:50 pm

Watch: Our Lady statue outside Birkirkara man's home goes up in flames
76-year-old resident believes fire was intentional [source]

Sifting through the damage this morning, Mr Calleja found some solace in the fact that the statue of Our Lady of Sorrows, which he had made himself and set outside last week, had somehow survived the fire relatively intact

who know who did it? Some bastards for sure ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:16 am

Boy, 8, Takes Dad’s Van to McDonald’s After Learning to Drive from YouTube Videos [source]
JANCKER

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:51 am

So what's up with all the old users returning this week? Real sure meant a lot

Welcome back guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:27 pm

Some jobs may not have to be feminized, despite the dominant feminist injunction ...
We can also see in this symbolic scene, the result of the destruction of the State authority under migratory pressure.

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby pyrasur » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:06 pm

Just smh. I wouldn't doubt there is a double standard in the physical tests. For the same job, the men have to do much more to get the same physical fitness scores.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:23 am

JANCKER

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:59 am

little Italy in Malta ... we will soon become a minority in our land... we are already 3rd class citizens in our own country...
Italians make up almost quarter of EU workers in Malta
Almost 3,000 EU nationals self-employed [source]
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:15 pm

ramsej84 wrote:little Italy in Malta ... we will soon become a minority in our land... we are already 3rd class citizens in our own country...

What a misleading article. Aren't Maltese also EU workers? It should say foreign EU workers.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:13 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:little Italy in Malta ... we will soon become a minority in our land... we are already 3rd class citizens in our own country...

What a misleading article. Aren't Maltese also EU workers? It should say foreign EU workers.

don't forget Russians, Turks, Serbs,Filipinos,Chinese,Libyans the illegal immigrants and the few refugees...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:40 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Looks like nobody responded to his emails.
JANCKER

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:53 am

Naked mole-rats 'turn into plants' when deprived of oxygen, scientists find
These subterranean mammals continue to fascinate researchers [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge