You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Borusse » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:26 am

damn I have four stars already, time goes by very fast
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:02 am

Borusse wrote:hello frands!

hello :)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Frustrated with the mundane, sedentary life he was leading, self-proclaimed nomad Olivier Pieczonka started hiking seven years ago, visiting 26 European countries and over 6,000 towns and cities, and has no plans to stop.
Dubbed ‘Europe’s own Forrest Gump’ [source]

[b]“I see young people rushing around, heads bent over their mo-bile phones and computers, constantly worried about the things they want. I have nothing, no money, no personal belongings, but I have never been happier.”
[/b]
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:33 pm

That is honestly something I would be happy to do. Survival is hard though.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:55 pm

JANCKER

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:17 pm

Very very sad poor bears.
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/821743845259898881

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:38 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Very very sad poor bears.

Damn man, I don't need you reminding me how awful my country is sometimes :oops:
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:10 pm

WTF! Even to someone who doesn't know anything about animals it's very obvious those bears are starving and extremely unhealthy.

Zoos are bad enough already. I'm guilty of attending and enjoying a couple myself, but they're just another way of exploiting and harming nature for money. At the very least they should ensure that the animals are treated well and protected.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:25 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Very very sad poor bears.

Damn man, I don't need you reminding me how awful my country is sometimes :oops:

I am sorry for that, ...
Just a curious question, But the economy is not doing bad back home right? The problem if is that wealth is not distributed well
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:36 pm

Quite the contrary I feel that zoos (key: when properly run) are good conservational media for many kinds of animals. More importantly, zoos are the first (and perhaps only) exposure we have to the field of natural biology at a young age, so they are responsible for filling that field of science with enthusiastic people. The zoo in London is absolutely phenomenal, they have people working there who cares so much about animals.

The issue we have back home is the lack of incentive, it comes with being a third-world developing country. There is no way to put any sort of pressure on private zoos because the target audience is the middle-lower income to begin with. Concerns arising from seeing skinny bears won't even get close to the owners', there's no benefit to gain and to hell with empathy. This bear thing was from a few months ago and believe it or not the response was "just because they're skinny doesn't mean we're not feeding them".

I might do a post or thread some time in the future, if anything just to vent and maybe raise general awareness on Indonesia, from its footballing scene to the Jakarta mayor election. Personally I feel there's something fundamentally rotten with the nation and even though I ran off to study in Europe, I hope to eventually go back to contribute if I ever become reasonably successful. Might not be able to save the bears or fix corruption, but at least I'd like to put Indonesian cuisine on the continental map.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:41 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Quite the contrary I feel that zoos (key: when properly run) are good conservational media for many kinds of animals. More importantly, zoos are the first (and perhaps only) exposure we have to the field of natural biology at a young age, so they are responsible for filling that field of science with enthusiastic people. The zoo in London is absolutely phenomenal, they have people working there who cares so much about animals.

The issue we have back home is the lack of incentive, it comes with being a third-world developing country. There is no way to put any sort of pressure on private zoos because the target audience is the middle-lower income to begin with. Concerns arising from seeing skinny bears won't even get close to the owners', there's no benefit to gain and to hell with empathy. This bear thing was from a few months ago and believe it or not the response was "just because they're skinny doesn't mean we're not feeding them".

I might do a post or thread some time in the future, if anything just to vent and maybe raise general awareness on Indonesia, from its footballing scene to the Jakarta mayor election. Personally I feel there's something fundamentally rotten with the nation and even though I ran off to study in Europe, I hope to eventually go back to contribute if I ever become reasonably successful. Might not be able to save the bears or fix corruption, but at least I'd like to put Indonesian cuisine on the continental map.

=D> very well said.

But you study engineering right ? On your way back find some time to visit here , I will invite you home , but I will ask you to cook for me :D
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:42 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I am sorry for that, ...
Just a curious question, But the economy is not doing bad back home right? The problem if is that wealth is not distributed well

Haha no worries ;)

Actually the economy, I'm happy to say, is one of the least of our concerns right now because we seem to always adopt very efficient policies even dating back to the 2008 crisis. That's actually one thing we're doing quite well at - we have an extremely savvy minister of finance and a very good president, probably 2 of the 7 people in the establishment who are "good", that is they have the country's best interest at heart and are smart decision makers.

Quite recently (a few months ago) the government imposed amnesty on tax to stimulate the economy and it's the first of this kind of policy to succeed so quickly. As a bonus, people are submitting full disclosure on their wealth to submit for the amnesty on tax, so it's a good way of tracking corruption as well.

ramsej84 wrote:But you study engineering right ? On your way back find some time to visit here , I will invite you home , but I will ask you to cook for me :D

Trump became president, so who cares what I study? :P Yes I think I'm likely to be able to visit Malta way before that :)
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:50 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Quite the contrary I feel that zoos (key: when properly run) are good conservational media for many kinds of animals. More importantly, zoos are the first (and perhaps only) exposure we have to the field of natural biology at a young age, so they are responsible for filling that field of science with enthusiastic people. The zoo in London is absolutely phenomenal, they have people working there who cares so much about animals.

Not sure whether I understood your first point correctly. Do you mean conservation of endangered species? I was going to mention that as a way they can be beneficial, but I wasn't sure whether that actually helps with increasing numbers.

You make a good point on exposure to biology. I haven't been to the London Zoo but like I said, I've been to a couple around Europe. To me it was an opportunity to see animals which I probably won't see outside zoos for many years (if ever). I don't fully approve of zoos, but the allure is admittedly there. I can see how for younger people it can spark certain interests.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:01 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Not sure whether I understood your first point correctly. Do you mean conservation of endangered species? I was going to mention that as a way they can be beneficial, but I wasn't sure whether that actually helps with increasing numbers.

Yes that's what I meant, directly and indirectly. I doubt it nominally helps much to sustain or increase numbers. The only major exception here are pandas - it is scientifically and morally accepted that these cute lovable lazy pricks won't make do without our conservational efforts (although this was because of man-made deforestation in the first place).

Indirectly, you can think about zoos as research facilities. For zoologists, I can imagine nothing better than having a pool of so many different species available to study on. I'm not talking research as in lab rats, but they'll be able to more accessibly study behaviourial and physiological features which leads to better understanding and optimistically they can come up with better large-scale conservational efforts. Yes the morality of keeping animals in captivity can be of concern, but as long as they're treated as best as possible, allowed as much space as possible, I think it's a relatively small cost for the greater good.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:08 am

I agree. The issue is when you have cases like these poor bears, of course. :(
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge