You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 05, 2020 9:06 am

A French hospital that retested old samples from pneumonia patients has discovered that it treated a man with the coronavirus as early as 27 December, nearly a month before the French government confirmed its first cases. [source]

This is highly interesting. If the virus reached Europe latest by 27th December, and likely before, it gives some credibility to the claims some have made that the unusually severe bouts of flu in some countries like Malta and the UK in November/December could have been down to the virus.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 05, 2020 9:43 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
A French hospital that retested old samples from pneumonia patients has discovered that it treated a man with the coronavirus as early as 27 December, nearly a month before the French government confirmed its first cases. [source]

This is highly interesting. If the virus reached Europe latest by 27th December, and likely before, it gives some credibility to the claims some have made that the unusually severe bouts of flu in some countries like Malta and the UK in November/December could have been down to the virus.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue May 05, 2020 11:39 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

In Bulgaria, it was the same in January. Everyone was sick, and even I can speak for myself - I'm usually not catching flu, or when I do - it never stops me from working/training, but for the first time since 2017 - I was sick for almost 2 weeks in which I didn't train and didn't go to work for 1 week. All of my friends/family members were sick this winter. It is increasingly said that one of the coronaviruses strains passed оur territory in early January.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 05, 2020 11:51 am

It makes sense, I think, especially with the news from France. I didn’t get it in December but I know many who did.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:25 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

In Bulgaria, it was the same in January. Everyone was sick, and even I can speak for myself - I'm usually not catching flu, or when I do - it never stops me from working/training, but for the first time since 2017 - I was sick for almost 2 weeks in which I didn't train and didn't go to work for 1 week. All of my friends/family members were sick this winter. It is increasingly said that one of the coronaviruses strains passed оur territory in early January.
So Lukaku might have not been wrong after all
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Tue May 05, 2020 5:55 pm

Uk now has the most deaths in Europe.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 05, 2020 6:15 pm

Lukas wrote:Uk now has the most deaths in Europe.
Surpassing both Ita and Spain???
My God... may the families and relatives of the deceased find some solace...
It is very cruel to have die all alone like that...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Tue May 05, 2020 7:02 pm

I’m wondering how it looks from abroad?. When Italy and Spain were struggling we had a report every day on how bad it was. Now we have it worse than them you wouldn’t even know as the media are too busy asking when the lockdown will be lifted.

Are other countries media going “inside a struggling British hospital to witness the devastation” like ours were with poor Italy and Spain?
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 05, 2020 7:05 pm

Lukas wrote:I’m wondering how it looks from abroad?. When Italy and Spain were struggling we had a report every day on how bad it was. Now we have it worse than them you wouldn’t even know as the media are too busy asking when the lockdown will be lifted.

Are other countries media going “inside a struggling British hospital to witness the devastation” like ours were with poor Italy and Spain?
It’s because people are tired of hearing the same old thing, I think.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue May 05, 2020 7:58 pm

Also, it struck us all now... Italy and Spain were forebodes, so to say, for what would come... And stupid as it sounds, helped us save lives here...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Tue May 05, 2020 8:30 pm

#12 wrote:Also, it struck us all now... Italy and Spain were forebodes, so to say, for what would come... And stupid as it sounds, helped us save lives here...

Bloody should have done here if we had a fucking competent government :twisted:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 05, 2020 8:56 pm

Lukas wrote:I’m wondering how it looks from abroad?. When Italy and Spain were struggling we had a report every day on how bad it was. Now we have it worse than them you wouldn’t even know as the media are too busy asking when the lockdown will be lifted.

True that , not much emphasis is being done on the Sit in England.
I don't know why...
No images like those we saw from Ita.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 05, 2020 11:02 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

True that , not much emphasis is being done on the Sit in England.
I don't know why...
No images like those we saw from Ita.
In the rest of Europe it’s for the reasons we mentioned above but I’m surprised it’s not being given more attention here in Little England.*

*specifically to irritate you. :P Especially because I know you feel like the English ruined us haha... it’s kind of true though.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 06, 2020 7:04 am

1950s did people get vaccinated for certain diseases? I am certain that in England they did as in Malta , people where for sure.
I am asking cause there was a rumour going about Ita that one the reasons behind the big numbers was, that back then italian people were not vaccinated for certain diseases.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Wed May 06, 2020 9:24 pm

ramsej84 wrote:1950s did people get vaccinated for certain diseases? I am certain that in England they did as in Malta , people where for sure.
I am asking cause there was a rumour going about Ita that one the reasons behind the big numbers was, that back then italian people were not vaccinated for certain diseases.

Was this the question you mentioned my friend? What diseases do you mean? I know there was a rumour a few weeks ago that the TB vaccine helped agains CV but I don’t think it was ever confirmed. This was given to first year high school kids until 2004 and I think I just missed out. Don’t remember getting it anyway and it sounds like something you wouldn’t just forget about as apparently it was really painful
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge