You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:59 pm

ramsej84 wrote:This shows how italy was not aware what hit it!
Unprepared
Well, how could they habe been... ?

But it shows nothing... It’s just an anecdote...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:42 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Guess that settles our Coronavirus XI game then :lol:

Haha we still don't know who tested positive though
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tuscanybayern » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:12 am

#12 wrote:
Unprepared

what lukaku said does not prove anything...and many are saying that his story is flawed and makes little to no sense...but of course according to ramsej's standards he can be trusted as a reliable source.

1) Inter-Cagliari was played on the 26 of January, one month before the first domestic case in Italy (aka the man in Codogno)
2) Serie A restarted on the 5/6 of January after the winter break, which in Italy is about a week long

so according to Lukaku many Inter players would have got the coronavirus by late December? how is this possible when the first domestic contagion in Europe was in Germany in late January? how come that no single player or staff member in Inter and Cagliari was eventually found positive for covid?

besides Inter's medical reports shows that there were 3 players with flu, not 23

footballers are human and they are not immune to winter
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:55 am

More news about a second wave in autumn that could be much more devastating....

Article in Maltese:
https://www.tvm.com.mt/mt/news/bosta-qe ... -covid-19/

More pressure on China from various groups & (American) States ....
Australia was the first country to raise the issue...
Actually it was me Ramsej who suggested it...

The Communist Regime is also said to be irritated by an article on Bild stating that China must pay €149 billion to Germany
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:23 am

tuscanybayern wrote:
#12 wrote:
Unprepared

what lukaku said does not prove anything...and many are saying that his story is flawed and makes little to no sense...but of course according to ramsej's standards he can be trusted as a reliable source.

1) Inter-Cagliari was played on the 26 of January, one month before the first domestic case in Italy (aka the man in Codogno)
2) Serie A restarted on the 5/6 of January after the winter break, which in Italy is about a week long

so according to Lukaku many Inter players would have got the coronavirus by late December? how is this possible when the first domestic contagion in Europe was in Germany in late January? how come that no single player or staff member in Inter and Cagliari was eventually found positive for covid?

besides Inter's medical reports shows that there were 3 players with flu, not 23

footballers are human and they are not immune to winter
Inter have also dismissed the claims. You were right
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:08 pm

Uk chief scientific adviser has just basically said forget anything social and fun until there’s a vaccine and everyone has received it(end of next year at the earliest or quite possibly never) Can’t believe this is happening :cry:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:31 pm

Lukas wrote:Uk chief scientific adviser has just basically said forget anything social and fun until there’s a vaccine and everyone has received it(end of next year at the earliest or quite possibly never) Can’t believe this is happening :cry:
Might be a bit too dire... There could be drugs that are deal changers as well... People focus too much on vaccines alone... There’s other illnesses with at least as severe symptoms/comditions, no vaccines and yet we still are able to handle them quite well...

But yeah, I think 2020 is basically over regarding "fun"
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:38 pm

#12 wrote:
Lukas wrote:Uk chief scientific adviser has just basically said forget anything social and fun until there’s a vaccine and everyone has received it(end of next year at the earliest or quite possibly never) Can’t believe this is happening :cry:
Might be a bit too dire... There could be drugs that are deal changers as well... People focus too much on vaccines alone... There’s other illnesses with at least as severe symptoms/comditions, no vaccines and yet we still are able to handle them quite well...

What drugs? Trump's wonderdrug is turning out to be crap, death rates are even worse among the medicated. Remdesivir is only for the very severely ill.

I've become somewhat disillusioned after I've heard Drosten talking about "dreams about vaccines and medications".

Everybody is hyping up mRNA vaccines like they're best thing since sliced bread, but not a single mRNA vaccine has so far been approved of, for any disease. It's completely uncharted territory. Where's the confidence coming from that this will result in a successful vaccine in a matter of a year?

A Roche representative said today no vaccines will likely be available before the end of 2021.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:52 pm

To what extent though? They can't keep extending the lockdown. Nor can they keep all eateries shut down, in my opinion. Clubs, concerts, mass events, and so on I can see remaining closed, yeah, but there are other social and fun activities.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:55 pm

RedQueen wrote:Everybody is hyping up mRNA vaccines like they're best thing since sliced bread, but not a single mRNA vaccine has so far been approved of, for any disease. It's completely uncharted territory. Where's the confidence coming from that this will result in a successful vaccine in a matter of a year?

A Roche representative said today no vaccines will likely be available before the end of 2021.

Exactly! I've heard several experts from different universities and countries on different podcasts and they all agree on the same thing. The best timescale we could hope for is 18 months, which is more or less end of 2021. 12 months is a very optimistic stretch that amounts to a miracle, and it is unreasonable to hope for it. Then of course 18 months is the best. What are the chances we'll manage to achieve the best time?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:05 pm

#12 wrote:

If we win the treble I'd say it was a good year fun wise :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:07 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

To what extent though? They can't keep extending the lockdown. Nor can they keep all eateries shut down, in my opinion. Clubs, concerts, mass events, and so on I can see remaining closed, yeah, but there are other social and fun activities.

I guess so maybe he just worded it badly. It was something like “anything we used to do that involved a social gathering of people can not take place until we have an easily mass produced and effective vaccine or treatment, which is highly unlikely to happen this year”
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:53 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:

If we win the treble I'd say it was a good year fun wise :)
You have a young daughter, you can’t go to the other fun events anyway.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:44 pm

RedQueen wrote:
#12 wrote:

What drugs? Trump's wonderdrug is turning out to be crap, death rates are even worse among the medicated. Remdesivir is only for the very severely ill.

I've become somewhat disillusioned after I've heard Drosten talking about "dreams about vaccines and medications".

Everybody is hyping up mRNA vaccines like they're best thing since sliced bread, but not a single mRNA vaccine has so far been approved of, for any disease. It's completely uncharted territory. Where's the confidence coming from that this will result in a successful vaccine in a matter of a year?

Well, I‘m not saying I got them, I HOPE they will come
I knew about mRNA vaccines but there are other candidates too... No idea about possible side effects though...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:57 pm

Just a note concerning the splendid Swedish model. Just now, in a talkshow a German doctor living in Sweden said they are prioritising patients. No ventilators are made available for over 80 year olds.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge