You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby Fénix » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:53 am

We are free to move without any papers and permissions within Osijek-Baranja county from the midnight. :D \:D/ People should remain very careful and do not relax, but we are getting better.

In the last 5 days, in 5 Croatian counties(20 counties) there hasn't been new infected, not a single one!

Virovitica-Podravina county, the other Slavonian county out of 5 that there are in Croatia, in the last 20 days haven't had a single one infected.
Hope to see this soon in all 5 Slavonian counties the same scenario and the East Croatia is about to be free and clean and we can start living our poor lives once again without the rest of the country. :)

The government guided by the established Civil Protection Headquarters is considering options of slow measures to return life to normal. De facto they rule the country in the last 2 months and politicans don't exist at all in media, not even the prime minister nor president of the republic. They completely moved away from daily life, let minister of health and minister of internal affairs along with other medical experts to lead country.
The best and biggest move since the end of the Homeland war.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Fénix » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:41 pm

Fénix wrote:Image

5 days later.

edit: Just found my screenshot from less than a month ago:

Spoiler: show
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:08 pm

We are doing fine it seems...
But as I said yest I am fearing that soon we will relax and will experience a,second wave for sure, which may result devastating.

Just one patient tests positive to COVID-19 overnight

Another 19 people recovered

This brings the total number of positive cases to 427, of which 306 are active. Another 19 people - 14 men and five women - have recovered, bringing the total number of recovered patients to 118. Three have died and two are in intensive care. One of the latter remains on a ventilator, the other is being kept in ITU for further monitoring.

A total 787 swabs were carried out overnight, bringing the total number to 24,042.

If we open ports and airports before it is over in Europe and anywhere else we will lose all the hard work and sacrifice we have been doing since March 12.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:12 pm

ramsej84 wrote:We are doing fine it seems...
But as I said yest I am fearing that soon we will relax and will experience a,second wave for sure, which may result devastating.

Just one patient tests positive to COVID-19 overnight

Another 19 people recovered

This brings the total number of positive cases to 427, of which 306 are active. Another 19 people - 14 men and five women - have recovered, bringing the total number of recovered patients to 118. Three have died and two are in intensive care. One of the latter remains on a ventilator, the other is being kept in ITU for further monitoring.

A total 787 swabs were carried out overnight, bringing the total number to 24,042.

If we open ports and airports before it is over in Europe and anywhere else we will lose all the hard work and sacrifice we have been doing since March 12.

It won't ever be "over"...

We will control this virus eventually... But even the flu kills thousands of people every year...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:56 pm

#12 wrote:We will control this virus eventually... But even the flu kills thousands of people every year...

That's true. However...
We have a cure for flue and still doesn't guarantee absolutely anything despite 99,4% or whatsoever recovers.
The same goes with pneumonia that can shockingly kill people for whom you would have never thought it's possible to happen or get knocked down 2m at graveyard when you know their health history.

For COVID we have absolutely nothing to eliminate this out of our bodies and perception right now can be practically the same as it was 5000 years ago - who survives it, (s)he'll talk about it.

Sometimes your time comes and you can't do anything about it. That's not up to us, doctors, scientists, priests to prevent this.
Once your life journey and story ends, that's it. In what way? We will never know that and it's none of concern, but our fear(s) also won't let us leave in peace no matter what.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:23 pm

Fénix wrote:
#12 wrote:We will control this virus eventually... But even the flu kills thousands of people every year...

That's true. However...
We have a cure for flue and still doesn't guarantee absolutely anything despite 99,4% or whatsoever recovers.
The same goes with pneumonia that can shockingly kill people for whom you would have never thought it's possible to happen or get knocked down 2m at graveyard when you know their health history.

For COVID we have absolutely nothing to eliminate this out of our bodies and perception right now can be practically the same as it was 5000 years ago - who survives it, (s)he'll talk about it.

Sometimes your time comes and you can't do anything about it. That's not up to us, doctors, scientists, priests to prevent this.
Once your life journey and story ends, that's it. In what way? We will never know that and it's none of concern, but our fear(s) also won't let us leave in peace no matter what.

That’s basically what I was saying: it'll never be over - but less dire...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:19 pm

ramsej84 wrote:If we open ports and airports before it is over in Europe and anywhere else we will lose all the hard work and sacrifice we have been doing since March 12.

The sad reality is that at some point the harm caused by leaving them closed will outweigh the harm caused by the risk of reintroducing the virus. I am sure they will remain closed until at least September or so but it is likely they will have to reopen before the situation is fully under control everywhere in Europe.

Only a vaccine can bring an end to this (not totally, but in practical terms). We want see a mass distributed vaccine until at least mid-2021, more likely end of 2021. We know what our economy is like. If we remain shut off until then I think we will still he recovering from the virus in the ’40s.

It’s easy to say health should come before the economy, and in general I obviously agree. But long term the risk of reimporting the virus becomes the lesser evil. What happens when we have a majority of the population with no money, unable to feed themselves or keep a roof over their heads?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:34 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:https://twitter.com/acjphoto/status/1250974852611276805?s=19

If decisions are taken abruptly we will have dramatic consequences....

I'm sorry, but how many PhDs have you done regarding statistics of virus spread? Don't take me wrong, but I'd rather listen to the opinion of the ones who do rather than an alarmist theory based on what happened 102 years ago. Do you seriously think the experts don't know what happened during the Spanish flu? Do you just assume that they're so unaware and that a random person on Twitter knows more than them? We're talking about people who dedicated most of their lives for this cause. Have some respect for them.

You should only worry when the politicians go against the advice of the experts, for 'economy reasons'. I'd join your bandwagon then.

For the most part in Germany, the experts seem to be concerned because of relaxing the lock-down measures.

Singapore is a warning example what can happen within a mere two weeks, if you don't take care.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:53 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:If we open ports and airports before it is over in Europe and anywhere else we will lose all the hard work and sacrifice we have been doing since March 12.

The sad reality is that at some point the harm caused by leaving them closed will outweigh the harm caused by the risk of reintroducing the virus. I am sure they will remain closed until at least September or so but it is likely they will have to reopen before the situation is fully under control everywhere in Europe.

Only a vaccine can bring an end to this (not totally, but in practical terms). We want see a mass distributed vaccine until at least mid-2021, more likely end of 2021. We know what our economy is like. If we remain shut off until then I think we will still he recovering from the virus in the ’40s.

It’s easy to say health should come before the economy, and in general I obviously agree. But long term the risk of reimporting the virus becomes the lesser evil. What happens when we have a majority of the population with no money, unable to feed themselves or keep a roof over their heads?
We know that tourism is the last to recover and if we lose the Summer months then there is no need to open in let's say Oct / Nov. We just wait until Feb / March 2021
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:07 pm

If we lose the summer months (and we will) a lot of people will be left standing on one leg. If we remain closed because the peak is over so who cares about the lesser income months, you will take away that one leg too. And anyway, as far as I know tourist numbers are quite high in Autumn too.

You are proposing that 30% of our GDP is cut off completely for a full year. This involves tens of thousands of people who will have no income and become unable to cover the basic necessities. This will indirectly cause way more deaths than the virus, which to date has killed just 3 people in Malta (3 too many).

The country as a whole will not recover for a very long time if that 30% is entirely taken away for 12 full months. There won’t be a magic switch where once we reopen all of that will come back. There will be many going bankrupt, losing their jobs and so on and they won’t come back when the tourists start slowly doing so. I stand by my prediction: if the borders remain closed for a year or more we will still be feeling the effects of the virus in 15-20 years.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:16 pm

Tourism and countries like Croatia, Malta, Spain, Italy and Greece are overall in a terrible situation of you miss the whole season and it's already for a month a total fracaso.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:53 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:If we lose the summer months (and we will) a lot of people will be left standing on one leg. If we remain closed because the peak is over so who cares about the lesser income months, you will take away that one leg too. And anyway, as far as I know tourist numbers are quite high in Autumn too.

You are proposing that 30% of our GDP is cut off completely for a full year. This involves tens of thousands of people who will have no income and become unable to cover the basic necessities. This will indirectly cause way more deaths than the virus, which to date has killed just 3 people in Malta (3 too many).

The country as a whole will not recover for a very long time if that 30% is entirely taken away for 12 full months. There won’t be a magic switch where once we reopen all of that will come back. There will be many going bankrupt, losing their jobs and so on and they won’t come back when the tourists start slowly doing so. I stand by my prediction: if the borders remain closed for a year or more we will still be feeling the effects of the virus in 15-20 years.
And we have to keep into equation if ppl in Europe will have enough funds for a holiday ... so even if we open we may end up making losses.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Oh we are making losses for sure. I take myself as an example. I travel at least every two months but even if we were to open borders today I’d be scared of doing so for at least another 6 months. But at least having a reduced income might be enough to keep others going.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:10 pm

Fénix wrote:Tourism and countries like Croatia, Malta, Spain, Italy and Greece are overall in a terrible situation of you miss the whole season and it's already for a month a total fracaso.

You can add Portugal and my country as well - almost 14 % of our gross domestic product is gained by tourism. It's going to be hard for the sector in all these countries.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Fénix » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:16 pm

Thanks only to tourism Croatia doesn't look like North Africa or everything under Sahara.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge