You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:06 pm

@the maltese members.
Have you noticed how our recoveries are being declared so?

I have a feeling that other countries are not adopting the same procedure. Hence the quicker recoveries and some of them are even reporting cases of persons who were previously given the all clear!

As on a personal note sometimes I feel anxiety... stress and I am not sure of this is the first sign of depression.
Lately (this week) after a whole month of feeling useless I felt better as I was given the chance to work from home...

Wage wise I am not entitled to anything so I am at the mercy of my boss...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:08 pm

For all the Germans, an article about the wannabe-scientist Streeck...

Kind of a long read, if anyone’s interested though, you might get the gist from google translate...

https://www.riffreporter.de/corona-viru ... t-laschet/
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:32 pm

#12 wrote:For all the Germans, an article about the wannabe-scientist Streeck...

Kind of a long read, if anyone’s interested though, you might get the gist from google translate...

You don't know whether to laugh or weep. I still don't understand why he jumped on the Corona bandwaggon as early as January 28th, as a HIV researcher. Normally you don't switch research fields just like that.

I hope the reactions by Krause and Drosten were enough to discredit this pile of garbage. With special thanks to Claus Kleber for the interview on the evening news (never thought I'd one day thank Kleber for something, disgusting narcissist).
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:32 pm

ramsej84 wrote:@the maltese members.
Have you noticed how our recoveries are being declared so?

I have a feeling that other countries are not adopting the same procedure. Hence the quicker recoveries and some of them are even reporting cases of persons who were previously given the all clear!

As on a personal note sometimes I feel anxiety... stress and I am not sure of this is the first sign of depression.
Lately (this week) after a whole month of feeling useless I felt better as I was given the chance to work from home...

Wage wise I am not entitled to anything so I am at the mercy of my boss...

Read this. It’s very bleak: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/ ... 5VjTwKSPn8
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:34 pm

RedQueen wrote:
#12 wrote:For all the Germans, an article about the wannabe-scientist Streeck...

You don't know whether to laugh or weep. I still don't understand why he jumped on the Corona bandwaggon as early as January 28th, as a HIV researcher. Normally you don't switch research fields just like that.

I hope the reactions by Krause and Drosten were enough to discredit this pile of garbage. With special thanks to Claus Kleber for the interview on the evening news (never thought I'd one day thank Kleber for something, disgusting narcissist).
Haha I agree...

And as part of a risk group still kinda worried...

Don’t think students in school would stick to the rules, but IF we have to open... I hope they at least provide masks...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:05 pm

#12 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:You don't know whether to laugh or weep. I still don't understand why he jumped on the Corona bandwaggon as early as January 28th, as a HIV researcher. Normally you don't switch research fields just like that.

Haha I agree...

Don’t think students in school would stick to the rules, but IF we have to open... I hope they at least provide masks...

Wasn't the podcast extremely amusing yesterday, the way he manages to convey between the lines if he thinks something is utterly shit but doesn't openly wanna say so... "no, I'm not criticizing the colleagues y at all, I only have a couple of questions..."

As for the schools, reports yesterday said the BaWü states ministry doesn't intend to re-open schools before April 27th or May 4th. Don't know how this will help you, though; the issue won't be resolved until we get a vaccine - if we even get a vaccine; some people like Kekulé are warning not to take this for granted.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:32 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Have a look here... sky Australia

Masks are falling....

"Don't blame china, do not impose travel bans on china" all from that farmer who runs the W.H.O ....
You’re speaking in foreign tongues again...
Here

https://youtu.be/TR2Y0xuS0E4
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:08 pm

RedQueen wrote:
#12 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:You don't know whether to laugh or weep. I still don't understand why he jumped on the Corona bandwaggon as early as January 28th, as a HIV researcher. Normally you don't switch research fields just like that.

Haha I agree...

Wasn't the podcast extremely amusing yesterday, the way he manages to convey between the lines if he thinks something is utterly shit but doesn't openly wanna say so... "no, I'm not criticizing the colleagues y at all, I only have a couple of questions..."

As for the schools, reports yesterday said the BaWü states ministry doesn't intend to re-open schools before April 27th or May 4th. Don't know how this will help you, though; the issue won't be resolved until we get a vaccine - if we even get a vaccine; some people like Kekulé are warning not to take this for granted.

Yeah... And usually, a vaccine takes like 25 years... If we get one, we don’t even know for sure it might not cause new problems...

As for Drosten, yes, it’s extremely refreshing how you just KNOW someone knows what he’s talking about, yet doesn’t want to overstep his boundaries and is meticulously careful not to do so
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:09 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Have a look here... sky Australia

Masks are falling....

"Don't blame china, do not impose travel bans on china" all from that farmer who runs the W.H.O ....
You’re speaking in foreign tongues again...
Here

https://youtu.be/TR2Y0xuS0E4
You know about Sky and FoxNews right? Nah, how would ya...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:20 pm

Bild says Merkel has joined team Söder ... Baden-Württemberg, Saarland, Hamburg and Thuringia are also on board.

From the interviews yesterday, I think Hesse and Rhineland-Palatinate are also likely to be on this boat.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:36 pm

RedQueen wrote:Bild says Merkel has joined team Söder ... Baden-Württemberg, Saarland, Hamburg and Thuringia are also on board.

From the interviews yesterday, I think Hesse and Rhineland-Palatinate are also likely to be on this boat.
Team Söder ftw (never thought I'd appreciate his politics this much...)
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:44 pm

In this crisis, Merkel is for once arguing like the trained scientist she is.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:09 pm

Swedish coronavirus model under fire as deaths rise
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:10 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Swedish coronavirus model under fire as deaths rise
To be honest I don’t see why deaths should be used as a aay to judge the model. Surely we should be looking at the number of cases instead, to see whether lockdowns are in fact slowing it down?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:49 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Swedish coronavirus model under fire as deaths rise
To be honest I don’t see why deaths should be used as a aay to judge the model. Surely we should be looking at the number of cases instead, to see whether lockdowns are in fact slowing it down?

Problem with case numbers is that they are entirely depending on the amount of testing done. They are completely incomparable across countries, as long as tests per 1m people vary by factors up to 600 percent. They're also incomparable over time within the same country for reasons of varying test capacities (capacities are build up, at the same time there are shortages of chemicals that slow testing down). The less you test, the less infections you find.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge