You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:07 pm

I don't know...
Thing is that I believe that we will reach big nrs as from next wk for sure....

Take for example that Nepalese guy who was detected yest... he lives with nine more ppl (vide the cheap labour we have imported) those nine will have gone out to shop for sure....

So let's say if those nine infected a person and a half each that means.... 25 more already....

Those 25 x 1.5 more and more and more....
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:08 pm

As you can see from the last time updated, the world is reaching the number of 2 000 000 and if someone recalls how many infected and dead were exactly 2 months ago, we'll remind ourselves once again with what we are dealing with.

In Croatia 1 700 infected so far, 31 people died(just in the last 2 weeks some 20 of them died) and what makes me calm, positive and strong is that the number of recovered countrymen is increasing very fast in the last 10-15 days when 3 weeks ago we barely had 10-11 and now over 400. [-o<
I pray to see number of 415 reaching 1000 in 2 weeks of time, number of infected less than 2000 and number of dead absolute 0 ZERO then, now, tomorrow and forever.

But all this is going to be good if numbers in big countries such as Italy, Spain, France, Germany, United Kingdom and the USA stop jumping high in number of both infected and dead people.

Small countries and people depend very much on big ones. That's how it was, it is and it shall always be as long as this world exists.
If you get better, we who are small ones are then to become even healthier, safer and better. So I wish you all the good luck to you and God bless that you survive and recover as quickly as possible and heal you deep wounds, holes and scars on your souls, hearts and minds!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:38 pm

A bit unrelated Fenix but do you use the word “Korona” for crown?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:10 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:A bit unrelated Fenix but do you use the word “Korona” for crown?

Spoiler: show
No. "Kruna" is our word here in Croatia as well as in ex-YU countries and languages except Slovenia. Damn thing...

The sooner this all is over, the better. Nobody wants to have this word or prefix corona in his subconscious to be planted for too long.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:17 pm

Nice! We say kuruna in Maltese for crown.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:38 pm

Don‘t mean to be an ass (this time ) - but: anyone with more or less personal experience with the virus?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:14 pm

Nothing wrong at all to ask such question, it's completely normal, even desirable. Believe it or not, it's mid-April and for the first time I see someone asking this here. The bigger and more important question doesn't exist in the last 2 months in Europe and in the rest of the world.

This topic is for this evil, something that hits us hard and affects our lives, jobs, schools, companies, daily routine and way of life of each and every one of us therefore we really hope to see someone sharing personal experience about this if someone really suffered from the virus and recovered or share from the members' closest and beloved people, family, relatives, friends, neighbors...

Every testimony has a place here and I suppose @Isiah also wanted to be like that on the thread even if we don't know those people. We could and should all copy/paste articles from our media, translate them in English if it's necessary, post them right here and share their experience.

Almost every victim/patient has his own trouble, serious complication, different physical reactions, etc. In the last 10-15 days people in my country have started to talk about this. That means their voices and feelings should be spread. Their stories will give us brighter picture of all this.

Their days surely felt and looked like weeks or months.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:02 pm

Well, I can talk a lot about the measures and everything which is happening in my country and region, but it's going to take me probably 2 hours, which I don't have at the moment. Maybe I can do something more in the weekend.

I can give yall a quick resume of some of the more important things.

I find myself in some kind of important position on my job in transferring state policy to the local level. I'm not saying that I'm doing something spectacular, but our committee meets every day since the pandemic began. I must say that I'm not fearing for myself, but for my family. The Ministry is at the forefront of the fight against the virus with all the measures which were taken super fast in the first days when the virus started spreading around in Europe. I think we're doing a great job for now - in our district (around 125,000 people) - we have only 5 infected people - all of them came from Italy and England after the outbreak.

I must say that thanks to the fast reaction in the country, we have only 713 infected people for now. Sadly, the total deaths are 35. The average age of the victims is around 65. Unfortunately, some elderly people seek medical attention when it is too late. And right now we are trying to come up with a mechanism for how to monitor everyone in the risk group every day. Just a few days after the first identified cases of Covid-19 virus, the decision to confine people at home was taken by the Bulgarian Government. This is probably the reason why the country has been able to control the growth of the pandemia (compared to other countries).

Something other important thing that I should say is that I'm surprised by the flexibility shown in the country lately - Bulgaria received 15 tonnes of medical consumables such as protective masks, gloves, costumes, and disinfectants as well as food from the UAE in exchange for vegetables, meat and dairy products provided by two Bulgarian companies and delivered to UAE's capital city of Abu Dhabi on Sunday. I'm wondering why other countries are not doing the same.

Moreover, since the last week, many articles have been published in France in the biggest news magazines. They all applaud Bulgaria. They all speak about the Bulgarian example as “The beautiful gesture of Bulgaria”. Social networks in Bulgaria ignite.

Coronavirus : les députés et ministres bulgares offrent leur salaire à la santé publique [source]

Coronavirus : En Bulgarie, les députés et les ministres offrent leur salaire à la santé publique [source]

Bulgarie : les députés et les ministres offrent leur salaire à la santé publique [source]

The articles above states that deputies and ministers gave their salaries to the public health system during this exceptional period. The donation from the deputies will amount to 1.44 million leva. So, they will give approximately 740,000 euros, for the period of confinement. Yes, it’s true, these are not billions of euros which are going to be given, but this is symbolic and unexpected, to be honest. Some will say that it’s pure “marketing” from the political class. I would say that even if this was the case, the gesture is beautiful and not every country did that so far. There are people who donated millions of leaves. Donations by the people and companies in the country are for almost AFAIK for 20 million euros. I also donated a small amount in an organization that supplies free food to elderly people. I was thinking of giving all my salaries from March and April, but my mom is currently not working because of restrictions and I'm helping them also. It's not like they need my money, nothing like that. It's just making me feel better at the moment, I don't know why.

What should I tell you, people? Strange people live on the Balkans. We can spit on our countries every day. We are neither the most ideal nor the richest countries. But in difficult times, everyone is ready to stand side by side and fight to get out of a difficult situation together. Yes, economies will stall. Many people will lose and already lost their jobs. We will need time to go through everything together. But life is the most valuable thing, don't forget that. "The devil is not so black" - as long as there is hope, the man will survive and continue to develop. Don't lose hope my friends, some positive things have already started to show.

So, this is from me for now at this topic. :roll:
Stay safe!
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:05 pm

Have a look here... sky Australia

Masks are falling....

"Don't blame china, do not impose travel bans on china" all from that farmer who runs the W.H.O ....
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:56 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Have a look here... sky Australia

Masks are falling....

"Don't blame china, do not impose travel bans on china" all from that farmer who runs the W.H.O ....
You’re speaking in foreign tongues again...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:19 pm

Fénix wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:A bit unrelated Fenix but do you use the word “Korona” for crown?

No. "Kruna" is our word here in Croatia as well as in ex-YU countries and languages except Slovenia. Damn thing...

The sooner this all is over, the better. Nobody wants to have this word or prefix corona in his subconscious to be planted for too long.
Interesting. I asked because as you might know I am a translator and recently had a discussion on how we should translate coronavirus. My opinion is that we should keep it coronavirus, in the basis that it is made up of two Latin words. Most European languages agree, while a good number spell it koronavirus, like you guys. While Maltese only uses the ‘c’ in loan words, I feel this is more appropriate because it wouldn’t make sense to change the Latin spelling to “korona” when we don’t use that word (as MUTU said, it’s “kuruna”, so I’d actually be OK with “kurunavirus”, but no one says it that way). It’s interesting to me that Croats chose to change the spelling even though the Croatian word isn’t “korona”.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:27 pm

#12 wrote:Don‘t mean to be an ass (this time ) - but: anyone with more or less personal experience with the virus?
Not that I know, not me or not anyone I know.

BUT I am increasingly suspecting I got it in Italy in a very mild form and didn’t realise. This weekend I read that myalgia and arthralgia are now being considered warning symptoms. They appear in about 15% of people and are generally only the first symptom. And I definitely had both, at first quite acutely but reduced in intensity quite quickly. They started 10 days after I returned from Italy and lasted about 3 weeks (reducing in intensity) before disappearing completely around 10-15 days ago. At the time this was not considered a symptom so I never worried or bother to get tested. It also does not seem like I spread it to anyone, but I have been almost entirely at home since the last week of February and met very very few people, and I did not have coughs or anything like that so it would be very difficult to spread it.

Of course there are other possible explanations for these symptoms, but the timing fits I guess. My friend at hospital says they’re currently introducing a much quicker test that can tell whether someone has never been infected, is currently infected, or was infected but now isn’t and is displaying immunity. So far it is mostly limited to healthcare workers at hospital but if it gets a more widespread use among the general public I will get tested. Would be good to know, especially if it turns out there is some of form of (limited) immunity.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:20 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Fénix wrote:

Interesting. I asked because as you might know I am a translator and recently had a discussion on how we should translate coronavirus. My opinion is that we should keep it coronavirus, in the basis that it is made up of two Latin words. Most European languages agree, while a good number spell it koronavirus, like you guys. While Maltese only uses the ‘c’ in loan words, I feel this is more appropriate because it wouldn’t make sense to change the Latin spelling to “korona” when we don’t use that word (as MUTU said, it’s “kuruna”, so I’d actually be OK with “kurunavirus”, but no one says it that way). It’s interesting to me that Croats chose to change the spelling even though the Croatian word isn’t “korona”.

Look at this as an example that we have already assimilated the word in our Croatian language and it makes no difference at all from Latin language, Romance languages, Germanic languages. :)

There are many meanings of the word "corona" or assimilated "korona" in Slavic languages.

The Mexican beer is number 1, then people who studied electrical engineering and are familiar with transmission and distribution of electrical energy know about corona and what it means.
In the Catholic Church it is also used and I've heard from my priest last Friday when I attended my last mass for the first time in my life. It stands as the specific name of their priest meeting.
There is this evil virus and my godmother has told me some 2-3 weeks ago about some tool or something like that as some regional word in Croatian language.

"The crown" is "korona" with K. I have googled it right now and it says next:
- in Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian it is only written with Russian Cyrillic alphabet "Корона".
- Slovenians say "Krona", Polish and Bulgarians "Korona", Czech and Slovak "Koruna".

In medical records in Croatia we use and write Latin words and terms for diagnosis, sometimes there are no Croatian translation for them in medical results for it and that doctor's handwriting is the most disgusting thing you'll see for the rest of your life. :D

From the medical perspective, all names will be Latin in my country and I guess it is in the rest of European countries of Latin alphabet, Western Christianity, etc. I can't tell the same for countries whose tradition is Cyrillic alphabet, East/Orthodox Christianity and Greek/Byzantine.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:50 pm

Europe police thwart fake face mask sale to Germany

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... any.785636
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:11 am

Thieves, criminals and smugglers use wars, crisis, pandemics to cheat, extort, steal...

In the last 5-6 weeks in Croatia we have had cases of selling for 100 times more expensive masks from their real price in private pharmacies, internet frauds who have introduced themselves as Ministry of Internal Affairs to ask for personal data and number of bank accounts via email and some fake teams on the field who were introducing themselves as some infection or disinfection teams ready to keep houses and buildings safe and I think even few criminals who have used this to break into homes where nobody lives.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge