You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:39 pm

Boris Johnson has now been moved to the intensive treatment unit.

I do not agree with him at all but I hope he recovers and can get back to full health soon.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:23 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
How reliable is this news?

If true, May God console him and the rest of the family...

Info is legit
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:13 pm

Che Dio Sia con Voi Image
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:25 am

The war for medical equipment is in full swing...

A shipment of 50,000 Malta-bound medical suits has been ransacked in a Turkish shipping warehouse, with the stolen equipment likely to have been sold on a new global black market for COVID-19 hospital supplies. 

large order of masks put in to a German medical supplier was meant to make its way to Malta a few weeks ago. However, although the manufacturer confirmed the consignment had been approved, it was later cancelled and sold to another undisclosed bidder.

In Ukraine, there have been reports of medical supplies being stolen at gunpoint on airport runways.

Over the weekend, authorities in Berlin withdrew a claim that the US had illegally seized a shipment of 200,000 surgical masks ordered for the German capital’s police. 

It turns out that while the shipment was indeed originally heading towards Berlin, the German authorities were simply outbid when the masks arrived at Bangkok Airport in Thailand.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:08 am

53 new cases in Malta

The Health Minister said that they were expecting to reach this nr last week...
So according to him we are controlling the matter well...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:52 am

I interpret it differently. We had no control initially, then got it back under control. Now it seems we might lose that control again.

A 20% increase in a day is no joke... considering these were almost all Maltese citizens, that means no increases from the time bomb that is the locked down immigrant centre. We can only expect further similar numbers in the coming days from there. I say 500 by the weekend does not seem so unlikely, though hopefully today is just an outlier and we'll go back down tomorrow.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:57 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I interpret it differently. We had no control initially, then got it back under control. Now it seems we might lose that control again.

A 20% increase in a day is no joke... considering these were almost all Maltese citizens, that means no increases from the time bomb that is the locked down immigrant centre. We can only expect further similar numbers in the coming days from there. I say 500 by the weekend does not seem so unlikely, though hopefully today is just an outlier and we'll go back down tomorrow.
You have more than a point.

Did you listen to that question put forward by that TOM journalist? Re the mapping.

It will be a good indication but still not something to rely on ...

I hate that lovinmalta "journalist" he seems to have one agenda on his mind.... wtf?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:02 am

I didn’t... I stopped listening when the journalists started asking.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:12 am

Must say a YOUNG woman prime minister really does some like a breath of fresh air.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:26 am

I found this site yesterday:

http://covid19.healthdata.org/

These are projections of hospital bed and ICU uses and excess demands for the peak of the current wave, for European countries and the US. Source is the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, University of Washington.

Looking good for us in Germany, and you guys in Malta and Croatia. USA, UK and Sweden, not so much (New York downright catastrophic).
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:28 am

Slightly different flavour to this discussion, keen to get your opinions.

There's been a lot of conversations over player wage cuts to re-distribute income - could mean paying for the ground staffs' salaries or straight donation to charity.

This has caused (okay not caused, exarcebated :lol:) a rift between Messi and the Barcelona board. The message was the Barcelona players were always happy to take a paycut, but being mandated by the board just indicates a show of power and removes freedom from how the players should want the money to be spent. The players ended up volunterily donating extra in addition to their pay cuts, to show they're very willing to give however much of their money needed.

Similarly in England, the FA is mandating pay cuts, but the players (Rooney) and ex-players (Shearer, Lineker) are basically saying the same thing as Messi. Additionally, it is also argued that taking a pay cut would mean paying less tax, which means less money go to the government / NHS to battle the situation.

Thoughts? I think there is no need for intervention by the higher bodies. Most of the superstar players are philantrophic (whether it's genuine, or for the media, doesn't really matter) that they will do their part to give the correct amount based on the equilbrium eventually reached.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:39 am

It’s a tough one to answer. I didn’t know about the Messi issue but was going to say the same thing - generally speaking. I think the issue is different for clubs risking going bust if they keep paying full wages.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:50 am

I know this is extreme... but I believe that the super stars* should stop being paid until they are back in action....

Those who earn
*100,000K per week
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:51 am

RedQueen wrote:I found this site yesterday:

http://covid19.healthdata.org/

These are projections of hospital bed and ICU uses and excess demands for the peak of the current wave, for European countries and the US. Source is the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, University of Washington.

Looking good for us in Germany, and you guys in Malta and Croatia. USA, UK and Sweden, not so much (New York downright catastrophic).
Sweden are giving a shit about the social distancing and all....
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:05 am

ramsej84 wrote:I know this is extreme... but I believe that the super stars* should stop being paid until they are back in action....

Those who earn
*100,000K per week

If the players stop being paid, but where does the money go?
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge