You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby Fénix » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:49 pm

MUTU wrote:I read somewhere that Germans are stockpiling sausages and cheese.

It seems like they're preparing themselves for a Wurst Käse scenario. :mrgreen:

Hahaha, awesome! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby tuscanybayern » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:10 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:OK so you are confirming another theory I read. That it came to you from Germany.
Yeah that’s wrong

How about it's true instead? Or does a scientific paper published on a scientific journal with an Impact Factor of 1.988 have to be #12-reviewed first before we can post and discuss its results?

Here is the link to the paper on the Journal of Medical Virology (free access):

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jmv.25773

to quote directly from the article:

"Phylogenetic analyses further suggest that the CoV epidemic might have been reintroduced [after the first cases directly linked to China] to the country via Germany, since the basal sequence of this clade is a case that emerged in Munich in Germany in January 2020, highlighting a complex dynamic of transmission and a tight connection within European countries."
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:40 pm

It's not the first time in history that someone started something in Munich, continued to Italy, and ended up with a lot of Europeans dying Image
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:55 pm

MUTU wrote:It's not the first time in history that someone started something in Munich, continued to Italy, and ended up with a lot of Europeans dying Image

And the Germans claiming it's actually the Austrians' fault! [source]
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:18 pm

Ruthless.

I guess people should absolutely forget their tourism habits outside of their country for the next 365 days.

Ski tourism should be forbidden for the next 2 years - minimum. A lot of irresponsible people like one Croatian doctor in the very first beginning of the corona crisis in Croatia 4-5 weeks ago didn't tell anyone that he left the country and went to Austria to ski and where he picked up the virus, brought it back, returned to work in hospital and put almost 100 medical staff in self-quarantine. The same could be said for cruise tourism after Italian scenario and catastrophe.

My county and city in the last 7 days has also become a virus hotspot, few days ago the most infected area was my city.
I stopped watching news in the last 3-4 days because I'm totally fed up and bored of only one report and story per day and then my cousin tells me today that in my suburb there is one infected man as it was reported last night on TV news. :lol: :lol: :lol: #-o

Some people simply don't understand what it means to avoid social meetings and contacts.

Here it is allowed to walk on streets, ride a bike, go for a walk, but that doesn't mean you can ignore 2m distance rule and avoid contact with 4-5-10 people. I walk alone every day and only have contact with my parents, grandfather who lives very close to me and that's it.

I barely went to shop and bakery in the last 20 days, maybe 5 times.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:15 pm

This is a pretty interesting proposal in Malta, but excludes too many students.

Children could be graded on FIFA20, Minecraft, Fortnite video games due to coronavirus closures
Education ministry dossier considers Playstation and PC video games as way of grading students due to COVID-19 school closures [source]

Spoiler: show
April Fool
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:41 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:
#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:OK so you are confirming another theory I read. That it came to you from Germany.
Yeah that’s wrong

How about it's true instead? Or does a scientific paper published on a scientific journal with an Impact Factor of 1.988 have to be #12-reviewed first before we can post and discuss its results?

"Phylogenetic analyses further suggest that the CoV epidemic might have been reintroduced [after the first cases directly linked to China] to the country via Germany, since the basal sequence of this clade is a case that emerged in Munich in Germany in January 2020, highlighting a complex dynamic of transmission and a tight connection within European countries."

Well without reading the whole thing I would assume this quote is falling short... Just yesterday, Dr. Drosten said it was highly unlikely, that the early isolated Webasto cases infected anyone (while only one of them carried the currently common mutation of the virus) and that scientific generic data makes it evident Italy, Spain, France and the UK were struck much earlier by SARS-CoV2...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:It's not the first time in history that someone started something in Munich, continued to Italy, and ended up with a lot of Europeans dying Image

And the Germans claiming it's actually the Austrians' fault! [source]
Even if it DID emerge here and let’s say it DID spread from here... It’s still not a contradiction...
They kept Ischgl open when everyone long knew it was a contaminated hole - and they even habe their own investigation in place...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:49 pm

Fénix wrote:

Ruthless.

I guess people should absolutely forget their tourism habits outside of their country for the next 365 days.

Ski tourism should be forbidden for the next 2 years - minimum. A lot of irresponsible people like one Croatian doctor in the very first beginning of the corona crisis in Croatia 4-5 weeks ago didn't tell anyone that he left the country and went to Austria to ski and where he picked up the virus, brought it back, returned to work in hospital and put almost 100 medical staff in self-quarantine. The same could be said for cruise tourism after Italian scenario and catastrophe.

My county and city in the last 7 days has also become a virus hotspot, few days ago the most infected area was my city.
I stopped watching news in the last 3-4 days because I'm totally fed up and bored of only one report and story per day and then my cousin tells me today that in my suburb there is one infected man as it was reported last night on TV news. :lol: :lol: :lol: #-o

Some people simply don't understand what it means to avoid social meetings and contacts.

Here it is allowed to walk on streets, ride a bike, go for a walk, but that doesn't mean you can ignore 2m distance rule and avoid contact with 4-5-10 people. I walk alone every day and only have contact with my parents, grandfather who lives very close to me and that's it.

I barely went to shop and bakery in the last 20 days, maybe 5 times.
You seem responsible!
Doing the same and gotta admit caught myself antagonizing some people that were occupying an entire path...

Even domestic travel should be reduced to a minimum of necessary travel... As for your ban: until a vaccine is found...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:18 pm

Well, the saddest part is that my life circumstances(unemployement) have learned me to get used to this horrible situation and it looks that I was most of my previous time in some sort of 'isolation' before all this started around the world. :) I have become super-strong and resistible to so many things I couldn't have imagined 4 years ago that I would ever experience, heh...

Here you can't move from city to city without a county and state council permission. Police patrols are everywhere and don't allow you to cross checkpoints between cities and counties without the necessary document.

Public transport in my city fully stop except for people who work. Empty buses and trams are our reality and only people who have the mentioned permission/document are allowed to enter public transport.

I'm all for these measures, however as I said it previously, some people obviously recognize only extensive force or repression to be kept away from "it cannot happen to me" mode, "it's not HIV and cannot get it" way of thinking, etc.
Some people have already received 5,000 € fine and that's something that rare people in Croatia can afford themselves, but we'll see.

Just today 96 infected in Croatia and that's not good for me after the last 3 weeks and the number has climbed up to 963 since the first infected around February 24th.

You would expect to see this number once again dropping and going towards my preferred between 10 and 30 per day, but no. :?

Really fucked up situation during spring. Too bad humans can't hibernate or be put in some sort of stasis chamber, I would have been long time ago inside of her. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:35 pm

#12 wrote:Doing the same and gotta admit caught myself antagonizing some people that were occupying an entire path...

I have been almost entirely inside for 5 weeks, since I got back from Italy. This afternoon I went for a short walk for the first time in this period and noticed the few people outside kept crossing the road or walking in the middle of the street the moment they saw someone approaching.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tuscanybayern » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:43 pm

#12 wrote:
tuscanybayern wrote: How about it's true instead? Or does a scientific paper published on a scientific journal with an Impact Factor of 1.988 have to be #12-reviewed first before we can post and discuss its results?

Well without reading the whole thing I would assume this quote is falling short... Just yesterday, Dr. Drosten said it was highly unlikely, that the early isolated Webasto cases infected anyone (while only one of them carried the currently common mutation of the virus) and that scientific generic data makes it evident Italy, Spain, France and the UK were struck much earlier by SARS-CoV2...

Highly unlikely? Early isolated my ass! Geez, that was the first case of domestic transmission in Europe! A whole week passed before Webasto's employees were tested positive! You know that Webasto has offices in Lombardy as well? Near Codogno? A whole month passed between the first domestic case in Germany and the first in Italy! And you are telling me that it's Italy, Spain, France & UK who transmitted the virus to Germany! And that Italy has facilitated the spreading of the virus and benefited from it "for a few bucks from tourism".

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2001468

I'm quoting first-hand sources with quantitative data and analysis which you are not interested to read because you have your own sources =D> confirmation bias.

You can verify by yourself that the updated data with 2,499 samples of Coronavirus genome still show that cases in Italy originated from the ones in Germany.

https://www.gisaid.org/epiflu-applicati ... ov-19-app/
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:04 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:
#12 wrote:
tuscanybayern wrote: How about it's true instead? Or does a scientific paper published on a scientific journal with an Impact Factor of 1.988 have to be #12-reviewed first before we can post and discuss its results?

Highly unlikely? Early isolated my ass! Geez, that was the first case of domestic transmission in Europe! A whole week passed before Webasto's employees were tested positive! You know that Webasto has offices in Lombardy as well? Near Codogno? A whole month passed between the first domestic case in Germany and the first in Italy! And you are telling me that it's Italy, Spain, France & UK who transmitted the virus to Germany! And that Italy has facilitated the spreading of the virus and benefited from it "for a few bucks from tourism".

I'm quoting first-hand sources with quantitative data and analysis which you are not interested to read because you have your own sources =D> confirmation bias.

You can verify by yourself that the updated data with 2,499 samples of Coronavirus genome still show that cases in Italy originated from the ones in Germany.

Dude, you’re misreading me... First of all, my source is probably THE most renowned Corona Expert in the world... He knows these sources...
The pandemic like spread we have since late February, again, might have originated here... But it did not become an epidemic here... (Maybe this is clearer...)
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tuscanybayern » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:33 pm

#12 wrote:
tuscanybayern wrote:
#12 wrote:

Dude, you’re misreading me... First of all, my source is probably THE most renowned Corona Expert in the world... He knows these sources...
The pandemic like spread we have since late February, again, might have originated here... But it did not become an epidemic here... (Maybe this is clearer...)

It's quite difficult to misread this statement: "Italy chose ACTIVELY to help spread this shit all over Europe for a few bucks from tourism"

very offensive for all Italian people....besides being blatantly false
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:35 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:
#12 wrote:

Drosten actually said that most likely both the cases in Starnberg (Webasto) and the first cases in Italy stem from a common infection cluster in China, because there are similarities in the genomes but also differences.

Of course the Webasto cases didn't come from Italy. But the infection clusters in Baden-Württemberg and Heinsberg come from people who were on skiing vacation in Northern Italy and Austria (I don't remember which came from where, at some point he talked about it on the podcast).

Edit: Source https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/info/coronaskript156.pdf, it's right at the beginning.
It's about time they finally translate these files into English.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge