You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby tuscanybayern » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:58 pm

@Ramsej: you are literally a living example of a confirmation bias, with human body and a Maltese passport.

Please, please stop assuming that the majority of my fellow Italian citizens want to leave EU. The fact that you have one Italian friend who thinks so doesn't mean that every Italian thinks the same way - again, confirmation bias at its highest.

And yes, I live and work in Bruxelles for the EU parliament, because OH IT MUST BE SO according to Mr. Confirmation Bias: if you don't think like me then you must be one of them, hired by the enemy, the evil European Union. It's either black or white - if you don't express my same thoughts, then you're an EU-enthusiast, you are an EU-disciple, you work for them etc etc =D>

@12#: the fact that "Italy chose ACTIVELY to help spread this shit all over Europe for a few bucks from tourism" is blatantly false. Could you provide evidence for that?

@Ramsej again: "I am not saying that italy does not has its own faults... as in the way they run hospitals" - Lombardy and Northern Italy in general have among the best hospitals in Europe.

Of course it does not help when you are the first European country to record local contagion and all of a sudden people go to E.R. by doing so infect 10 or 20 other people around them.....who and how could have predicted and avoided that? It's easy to say when coronavirus hits Italy first, yes all the other countries then know how to act and prevent the virus from spreading.
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:33 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:@Ramsej: you are literally a living example of a confirmation bias, with human body and a Maltese passport.

Please, please stop assuming that the majority of my fellow Italian citizens want to leave EU. The fact that you have one Italian friend who thinks so doesn't mean that every Italian thinks the same way - again, confirmation bias at its highest.

And yes, I live and work in Bruxelles for the EU parliament, because OH IT MUST BE SO according to Mr. Confirmation Bias: if you don't think like me then you must be one of them, hired by the enemy, the evil European Union. It's either black or white - if you don't express my same thoughts, then you're an EU-enthusiast, you are an EU-disciple, you work for them etc etc =D>

@12#: the fact that "Italy chose ACTIVELY to help spread this shit all over Europe for a few bucks from tourism" is blatantly false. Could you provide evidence for that?

@Ramsej again: "I am not saying that italy does not has its own faults... as in the way they run hospitals" - Lombardy and Northern Italy in general have among the best hospitals in Europe.

Of course it does not help when you are the first European country to record local contagion and all of a sudden people go to E.R. by doing so infect 10 or 20 other people around them.....who and how could have predicted and avoided that? It's easy to say when coronavirus hits Italy first, yes all the other countries then know how to act and prevent the virus from spreading.

Hey buddy, hope you’re healthy!

Well, blatantly? No! But I DID generalize... What I mean - and I know this because I do PR - is: the Robert-Koch-Institute is our disease control and prevention agency. They declared South Tyrol a risk area on a Friday morning - and they came LATE to the party, because by the time they did, even my small town had 5 known, independent cases from there... 3 days later, the South Tyrol administrator was still moaning like shit about it, how they had only 2-3 cases and how it was financial madness to do so and catastrophic for their tourism... ONE DAY later, your PM declared ALL OF ITALY a quarantine zone... And the administrator was never ever heard from again...
So you see, adding 1 and 1 my claim is definitely not "blatantly" false...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:50 pm

@Tuscanybayern
You have a pt Re the fact that ita was the first to be hit....
However over here they started from the onset asking ppl not to turn up at Hospitals, Emergency and other Health Cntrs if they feel any symptoms...

What also went wrong is that ...
1. Had China told the world two weeks earlier it would have been DIFF STORY.

2.' WHO looked complacent plus they did not urge the World from stopping Chinese citizens coming over ... (God knows why)

3' They were telling us that it is a common cold.... Therefore complacency grew...

4. Discipline. A word that nowadays has long been forgotten.

Our forefathers had to go to fight the war and suffered famine among other things and we today we are just asked to sit on our sofas with food available plus all the Commodities available to us and still are not obeying....
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:19 pm

ramsej84 wrote:@Tuscanybayern
However over here they started from the onset asking ppl not to turn up at Hospitals, Emergency and other Health Cntrs if they feel any symptoms...

2.' WHO looked complacent plus they did not urge the World from stopping Chinese citizens coming over ... (God knows why)

3' They were telling us that it is a common cold.... Therefore complacency grew...

Our forefathers had to go to fight the war and suffered famine among other things and we today we are just asked to sit on our sofas with food available plus all the Commodities available to us and still are not obeying....

Did they, before it became imminent?

1.) Nah... There’s definitely something very very fucked up an wrong with how China handled this... But I don’t think it‘d be much different... Two weeks will not be the deciding factor between controlling this pandemic or not...

2.) WHO is not an economic organization and have been criticized by you time and again - like people like you would've listened...
Also, I still think more people brought it back than Chinese people tool it out if that‘s understandably put?

3.) Who did? Your usual sources? Because those still do - I never heard this from anyone sane

4.) Maybe, yes, but it goes to show how we live in EXCESS, while SOME PEOPLE still criticize every fucking opportunity they get...

I agree on the rest except it doesn’t need all this war bs... Thing is, there’s worse than lying on the couch catching up on your book/Netflix/Games backlog...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:15 pm

Did not understand your pt #2

You can call me mad , lunatic and all.... (I have the impression that even the slightest of the anti conspiracy theories has at least a small suspicion)-
No one will ever convince me that behind this there is not the (in)human Hand!

There are a lot of things at stake...

How do the World Banks make a profit? By having Governments at their mercy for cash....

Then there is that I read yest that China will be buying the struggling Companies...

On a kind of diff note.
(THE MOB I AM USING) Huawei was being accused that they are spying and that is why they entered in Europe so aggressively ... (our Govt have a shady deal with them) & yest I saw that Doc on Hist Channel....
Huawei is one of the Co being hired by the Communist Regime to spy on the Citizens especially the Muslim minority ...

PS I will find and post that deal of our Govt later on.

Edit. https://lovinmalta.com/news/prime-minis ... ross-malta

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... 693314.amp

https://theshiftnews.com/2018/11/29/mal ... -the-boot/
Last edited by ramsej84 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tuscanybayern » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:50 pm

We had the first domestic COVID case (so not Chinese tourists or Italian coming back from China) diagnosed on the 21st of February in Codogno (Lombardy). Before then, only 3 cases in Italy, directly linked to China (two Chinese tourists and one researcher coming back from China), and these were promptly diagnosed and isolated - people whom they got in touch with were tested negative & then monitored so nothing to worry about.

Unfortunately the man in Codogno had already been two different times to the ER before he was diagnosed with COVID. The first time he had usual flu symptoms and was sent back home with proper advices and prescriptions of the common flu.

PLEASE NOTE TWO THINGS:
1) In Italy, even in early January, anyone with flu symptoms was asked two questions:
- Have you visited China recently?
- Have you been in touch with someone returning from China?

If you answered YES = You were tested for COVID
If you answered NO = You are not tested for COVID

For the man from Codogno the answer was NO for both questions. So he went twice to the ER and it's not about us Italians being lazy Italians as usuals while the rest of Europe and especially Malta has dealt with the situation splendidly. After he returned for the second time with a strong pneumonia one nurse decided to avoid the protocol and tested him for COVID.

He was found positive and and of course after his case the government immediatly warned everyone with symptoms not to go to the hospitals and set up an emergency phone number so that people can call and be tested at home.

Since he had a very active lifestyle (he used to play football every week, run marathons etc.) and lived in one of the most economically active regions in Europe, in a matter of days a number of cases was directly linked to him. This plus the fact that he went to the ER twice caused the first outbreak in the Lodi area.

2) The man from Codogno did not visit China and it was found out that none of his acquaintances had contracted the virus before him...even a man who had returned from a business trip in China and attended to one dinner with him was tested and it turned out that he had never contracted the virus.

So how did the man in Codogno get the coronavirus? Medical research says that the first diagnosed domestic contagion in Europe was in Germany, and precisely in Munich, and could have get to Lombardy from there because these two regions are very connected and the genome of the viruses of the patients in Bavaria and Lombardy are very similar.

#12 are you telling me that every infected person in Europe is linked to the man in Codogno and that the virus arrived into Germany from Italy through Austria because of tourists visiting the Alps? And that we did nothing to stop that? For like what? Four days?
Last edited by tuscanybayern on Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:55 pm

OK so you are confirming another theory I read. That it came to you from Germany.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:55 pm

Please keep it civil from here on out.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:20 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:

We had the first domestic COVID case (so not Chinese tourists or Italian coming back from China) diagnosed on the 21st of February in Codogno (Lombardy). Before then, only 3 cases in Italy, directly linked to China (two Chinese tourists and one researcher coming back from China), and these were promptly diagnosed and isolated - people whom they got in touch with were tested negative & then monitored so nothing to worry about.

Unfortunately the man in Codogno had already been two different times to the ER before he was diagnosed with COVID. The first time he had usual flu symptoms and was sent back home with proper advices and prescriptions of the common flu.

PLEASE NOTE TWO THINGS:
1) In Italy, even in early January, anyone with flu symptoms was asked two questions:

For the man from Codogno the answer was NO for both questions. So he went twice to the ER and it's not about us Italians being lazy Italians as usuals while the rest of Europe and especially Malta has dealt with the situation splendidly. After he returned for the second time with a strong pneumonia one nurse decided to avoid the protocol and tested him for COVID.

He was found positive and and of course after his case the government immediatly warned everyone with symptoms not to go to the hospitals and set up an emergency phone number so that people can call and be tested at home.

Since he had a very active lifestyle (he used to play football every week, run marathons etc.) and lived in one of the most economically active regions in Europe, in a matter of days a number of cases was directly linked to him. This plus the fact that he went to the ER twice caused the first outbreak in the Lodi area.

2) The man from Codogno did not visit China and it was found out that none of his acquaintances had contracted the virus before him...even a man who had returned from a business trip in China and attended to one dinner with him was tested and it turned out that he had never contracted the virus.

So how did the man in Codogno get the coronavirus? Medical research says that the first diagnosed domestic contagion in Europe was in Germany, and precisely in Munich, and could have get to Lombardy from there because these two regions are very connected and the genome of the viruses of the patients in Bavaria and Lombardy are very similar.

#12 are you telling me that every infected person in Europe is linked to the man in Codogno and that the virus arrived into Germany from Italy through Austria because of tourists visiting the Alps? And that we did nothing to stop that? For like what? Four days?

oh, do not take ramseksxfiles conspiracy theory seriously no one thought it was going to be so bad. if people really nned to know how bad is it is volunteer to work in a hospital . i dont see why people cant
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:54 pm

#12 wrote:1.) Nah... There’s definitely something very very fucked up an wrong with how China handled this... But I don’t think it‘d be much different... Two weeks will not be the deciding factor between controlling this pandemic or not...

I'm not so sure about that. Firstly, it wasn't just two weeks. The Chinese government had their scientists and laboratories destroy tests as early as in December. They finally admitted to it in late January, so it's more like six rather than two weeks. They didn't make the data available and they still don't, it's highly likely that the death toll in Wuhan is much higher than they admit to.

If this were a normal country not withholding information from the rest of the world (as well as their own people) the situation would be much different. For weeks our scientists were left guessing about symptoms and courses of disease of a newly emerged virus they knew nothing about, data the Chinese government suppressed and had destroyed. A lot of miscommunication and belated reaction could have been avoided, in Germany and other countries, but most of all in Italy.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:35 am

ramsej84 wrote:Did not understand your pt #2

You can call me mad , lunatic and all.... (I have the impression that even the slightest of the anti conspiracy theories has at least a small suspicion)-
No one will ever convince me that behind this there is not the (in)human Hand!

There are a lot of things at stake...

How do the World Banks make a profit? By having Governments at their mercy for cash....

Then there is that I read yest that China will be buying the struggling Companies...

On a kind of diff note.
(THE MOB I AM USING) Huawei was being accused that they are spying and that is why they entered in Europe so aggressively ... (our Govt have a shady deal with them) & yest I saw that Doc on Hist Channel....
Huawei is one of the Co being hired by the Communist Regime to spy on the Citizens especially the Muslim minority ...

PS I will find and post that deal of our Govt later on.

Edit. https://lovinmalta.com/news/prime-minis ... ross-malta

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... 693314.amp

https://theshiftnews.com/2018/11/29/mal ... -the-boot/
I LITERALLY posted this days ago

Still don’t believe it's man-made... No expert does...

As for #2: I mean it was less exported by Chinese than imported by Europeans...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:37 am

tuscanybayern wrote:

PLEASE NOTE TWO THINGS:

Well, evidently, the cases came from Italy foremost... Maybe not as willfully as I said, but yes, they came from SE...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:38 am

ramsej84 wrote:OK so you are confirming another theory I read. That it came to you from Germany.
Yeah that’s wrong
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:31 am

I read somewhere that Germans are stockpiling sausages and cheese.

It seems like they're preparing themselves for a Wurst Käse scenario. :mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:48 am

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge