You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.
 

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby OhioFan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:44 pm

This constant and repetitive arguing is not what I expect of this forum. This is a time for all of us to pull together as we are going to need to in the following weeks, months and years.

If you are so fired up, donate something to a local group who is in need because of the virus, your church, the local minority group (we all have them). Give them money, food or time. Give it to your local religious organization for them to help other or just call or check on your neighbors and friends.
Stay well brothers and sisters in this time of world peril.
No matter who or where you are, peace be with you.
User avatar
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1150
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: Bavaria on my mind
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 452 times
Been thanked: 255 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:What I find ridiculous is how the anti-EU brigade and media keep going on about how the EU is falling apart the moment there is a crisis because every country is doing its own thing, closing borders, stopping exports of medical equipment etc.

They’ve been telling us for years countries can’t do their own thing because the EU took their independence.
Thank God they are not dictating. Probably they maybe came to their senses, and acknowledged that with their open borders shit have caused thousands of deaths and there will be thousands more.
Actually, they never had competence over medical affairs, and in any case decisions in the EU are ALWAYS taken by the national governments, whatever the topic, just together instead of individually.

Also, the clauses for suspending open borders and all that stuff has ALWAYS been there in EU law. They’re nothing new. Literally about 75% of my work at the moment as a translator every day is translating notification after notification by different EU countries suspending exports, imposing limits on prices and so on and on. Every single time they cite the local and EU laws that give them these powers.
Butbutbut it’s so undemocratic!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 21813
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1111 times
Been thanked: 4968 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:23 am

Rüstü Reçber has tested positive for COVID-19.

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 44740
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8169 times
Been thanked: 12798 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:52 am

MUTU wrote:Rüstü Reçber has tested positive for COVID-19.

Loved that keeper along with most of that gen of Turkish NT...

Sas
Emre
Umit
Sukur and some others who's name escapes me
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45412
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 30363 times
Been thanked: 6511 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:31 am

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... pel.781664

COVID-19 has completely disrupted the football world with all major competitions brought to a halt. Former Sevilla and Spain winger DIEGO CAPEL, shared his thoughts about this unthinkable scenario with Gianluca Lia while shedding light on his life at Birkirkara FC...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45412
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 30363 times
Been thanked: 6511 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:00 pm

Some hope that the measures taken are working in Malta. Only 44 total new cases since last Sunday.

It is worth noting that we are statistically still more infected and therefore in more danger than most countries in the world, but unlike many we have successfully reversed the exponential increase we had at first. That means many others, like the UK, will probably statistically overtake us very soon.

Being an island sometimes has advantages, I guess.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 38772
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 12693 times
Been thanked: 9927 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:06 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Some hope that the measures taken are working in Malta. Only 44 total new cases since last Sunday.

It is worth noting that we are statistically still more infected and therefore in more danger than most countries in the world, but unlike many we have successfully reversed the exponential increase we had at first. That means many others, like the UK, will probably statistically overtake us very soon.

Being an island sometimes has advantages, I guess.
England is also an island


On a serious note ....
The Superintendent of Public health Prof Gauci mentioned some guy who was tested positive and told the medics that he suspects to have been infected by a colleague who had symptoms and never reported....
So God knows how many did like him and infected others.
This and the following wk are crucial.
We just need to Wait, Hope and Pray
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45412
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 30363 times
Been thanked: 6511 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:29 pm

England isn’t an island, Britain is.

The thing is Britain still has rail connections to Europe (not sure if they stopped these) and as far as I know have not stopped air travel, so they did not fully take advantage of their island characteristics. As I said a couple of weeks ago I think closing borders can work for islands, highly doubt it would anywhere else as the virus will still spread.

The UK is anyway still not as badly hit per capita as Malta, but they’re still facing an exponential increase so will probably overtake us soon. It remains to be seen whether their own lockdown works.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 38772
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 12693 times
Been thanked: 9927 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:36 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Some hope that the measures taken are working in Malta. Only 44 total new cases since last Sunday.

It is worth noting that we are statistically still more infected and therefore in more danger than most countries in the world, but unlike many we have successfully reversed the exponential increase we had at first. That means many others, like the UK, will probably statistically overtake us very soon.

Being an island sometimes has advantages, I guess.
England is also an island


On a serious note ....
The Superintendent of Public health Prof Gauci mentioned some guy who was tested positive and told the medics that he suspects to have been infected by a colleague who had symptoms and never reported....
So God knows how many did like him and infected others.
This and the following wk are crucial.
We just need to Wait, Hope and Pray
I read somewhere some days ago that the number of real cases can often be estimated by multiplying the known ones by 10. I don’t know what the basis of this is and whether it ie accurate.

What I do know is we have around 0.03% of the population infected, with 3% of tests resulting positive. That is 100 times more but the thing is that while we have tested more people per capita than almost anywhere else, I think it is not a representative sample since we are only testing people with symptoms or who had contact with people with symptoms. Not sure my maths is sound but I think this suggests in a worst case scenario we shouldn’t have more than 15k infected, a much smaller number than the one thrown about by a professor a week or so ago. I may be mistaken on this though.

I’m also not sure, considering our size (making the chance of having contact with an infected person very big) and the fact that we did test people without symptoms who were in contact (a likely thing with our size), whether the sample can in fact be considered representative.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 38772
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 12693 times
Been thanked: 9927 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:37 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45412
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 30363 times
Been thanked: 6511 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:11 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Some hope that the measures taken are working in Malta. Only 44 total new cases since last Sunday.

It is worth noting that we are statistically still more infected and therefore in more danger than most countries in the world, but unlike many we have successfully reversed the exponential increase we had at first. That means many others, like the UK, will probably statistically overtake us very soon.

Being an island sometimes has advantages, I guess.
England is also an island


On a serious note ....
The Superintendent of Public health Prof Gauci mentioned some guy who was tested positive and told the medics that he suspects to have been infected by a colleague who had symptoms and never reported....
So God knows how many did like him and infected others.
This and the following wk are crucial.
We just need to Wait, Hope and Pray
I read somewhere some days ago that the number of real cases can often be estimated by multiplying the known ones by 10. I don’t know what the basis of this is and whether it ie accurate.

What I do know is we have around 0.03% of the population infected, with 3% of tests resulting positive. That is 100 times more but the thing is that while we have tested more people per capita than almost anywhere else, I think it is not a representative sample since we are only testing people with symptoms or who had contact with people with symptoms. Not sure my maths is sound but I think this suggests in a worst case scenario we shouldn’t have more than 15k infected, a much smaller number than the one thrown about by a professor a week or so ago. I may be mistaken on this though.

I’m also not sure, considering our size (making the chance of having contact with an infected person very big) and the fact that we did test people without symptoms who were in contact (a likely thing with our size), whether the sample can in fact be considered representative.

That’s debatable and depends on testing strategy... I would assume - and our fatality rate seems to be speaking for it - that the number of unknown cases in Germany is smaller than elsewhere...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 21813
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1111 times
Been thanked: 4968 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:17 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:To say that we should isolate China and completely destroy its economy and its people’s livelihood because of a virus which there’s no proof showing anything other than it originating naturally is spiteful to say the least.

On the other hand to say that other countries need to depend less on China after coronavirus revealed the extent to which we depend on the country is very justified.


It's the CCP that is the problem. They are responsible for trying to conceal what was happening. And I definitely don't trust the number of cases and deaths they report. There is that 21 million cellphone subscribers that the 3 Chinese telecom companies lost in the past 3 months. It's interesting to say the least. Even if only 0.1% of that number is related to the virus that's 21000 compared to the 3300 deaths they reported. And now the CCP is spreading propaganda that the virus originated from outside China.

As you said, the world is dependent on China. They have the manufacturing infrastructure, the logistics, the expertise and for now the cheap labour. If the CCP is threatened by other countries, they can stop exports. It will hurt them big time but so will the rest of the world. Everybody loses.
User avatar
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:46 pm
Location: Malta
Has thanked: 2182 times
Been thanked: 1720 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:00 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45412
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 30363 times
Been thanked: 6511 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby Fénix » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:08 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Meanwhile in Belarus

https://twitter.com/RTSportNews/status/ ... 58176?s=19


"People should go to village, work more on land, turn their tractors on and that's how you will be resistant to the Coronavirus. No need to worry about it then."

Spoiler: show
Image

Image

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10139
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 4215 times
Been thanked: 4052 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:35 pm

MaCk0y wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:To say that we should isolate China and completely destroy its economy and its people’s livelihood because of a virus which there’s no proof showing anything other than it originating naturally is spiteful to say the least.

On the other hand to say that other countries need to depend less on China after coronavirus revealed the extent to which we depend on the country is very justified.


It's the CCP that is the problem. They are responsible for trying to conceal what was happening. And I definitely don't trust the number of cases and deaths they report. There is that 21 million cellphone subscribers that the 3 Chinese telecom companies lost in the past 3 months. It's interesting to say the least. Even if only 0.1% of that number is related to the virus that's 21000 compared to the 3300 deaths they reported. And now the CCP is spreading propaganda that the virus originated from outside China.

As you said, the world is dependent on China. They have the manufacturing infrastructure, the logistics, the expertise and for now the cheap labour. If the CCP is threatened by other countries, they can stop exports. It will hurt them big time but so will the rest of the world. Everybody loses.
You're missing the bigger picture... They will emerge as the biggest super power after the unprecedented fuck-up Trump pulled... The Chinese system will seem superior, especially in Europe, but also in the US, companies will be up for grabs for Chinese investor money and they will gain an even bigger foothold and so-to-speak beachheads (we're lucky if they’re ONLY economic... I'm talking Huawei/5G here...) outside of China...

But I bet Trump disciples will find new excuses to tell those who said he was bad for the world from day one...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 21813
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1111 times
Been thanked: 4968 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests