You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby RedQueen » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:55 pm

#12 wrote:Yeah of course I am and I think quite highly of him, but you know as well as me he’s being very reserved and not going out on a limb - hence me asking you as a fellow countrywoman... And I kinda agree with you...

Oh, I think he's doing a stellar job, probably saving government authorities millions on information campaigns. We're so lucky to have one of the world's leading scientists on Sars viruses podcasting to us every day. But a significant part of imbeciles would rather listen to quacks like Wodarg, telling them what they want to hear.

Drosten is a real role model how to communicate scientifically. Always pointing out the limits of his field of competence, the uncertainties, the possibility that he'll have to change his mind tomorrow in the face of new facts, and the differing opinions of his peers. Always stressing that other fields of science have to be listened to, no presumption that everyone has to bow to what virologists say.

I only wish fellow government advisor Stefan Rahmstorf would learn something from this. He would have much less problems communicating the reality of climate change.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:09 am

Carmelo Camilleri writes on his Facebook wall: "I’m coming up to my 90th birthday. Along the years, my mandolin has kept me company in difficult situations. It was my companion in the shelters of WWII and has been my source of solace throughout the years – particularly this month. I’m working hard to remain positively active indoors and strictly follow the health authority’s advice. It’s important to take it, One Day at a Time! Enjoy and stay safe

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... tes.781001
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:28 pm

https://youtu.be/kFszkO55gJI
It looks as if ppl have vanished ...
It reminded me of a doc on Hist Channel "life after ppl"
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:35 pm

ramsej84 wrote:https://youtu.be/kFszkO55gJI
It looks as if ppl have vanished ...
It reminded me of a doc on Hist Channel "life after ppl"

There is an upside. COVID-19 is actually saving lives. :P
Air quality deaths in Malta more than twice than previously thought. [source]
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:23 pm

The old man from Istria who died some 2 weeks ago was the first victim of the virus in Croatia. It took them cca. 10 days to analyze and announce the real reason of death.

Today we have the second victim who died, a 74 year old man from Zagreb. May they rest in peace.

Only strict self-isolation for 20-30 days can stop and end this and nothing else.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:39 pm

This is pure gold

Flying aid to virus-hit Italy, Moscow flexes soft power

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... wer.781043

The EU response is priceless...

They are accusing Russia that are helping to gain power... at least... they are not sitting on their arses seeing their fellow citizens fall like flies.... thanks to their open borders madness
Bastards bureaucrats...
Italians when they get over this they will push to leave this thing called eu mark my words.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:01 pm

I am missing all this

https://youtu.be/Mn6SyiZD3cM
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:10 pm

ramsej84 wrote:This is pure gold

They are accusing Russia that are helping to gain power... at least... they are not sitting on their arses seeing their fellow citizens fall like flies.... thanks to their open borders madness
Bastards bureaucrats...
Italians when they get over this they will push to leave this thing called eu mark my words.

Yeah great, we all know best thing in the world is nationalism and thousands if small cluster countries!

Also, you believe every shit coming from known shitsters, while you claim everything in Europe is wrong... Tell you what: Italy is not in this situation because of the EU... Or others... FFS do you even realize European cooperation is a plus? That 8 patients FROM ITALY are treated at Leipzig right now?!
5 FROM FRANCE in Rhineland-Palatinate?!
But Putin is a saint, because he doesn’t test and people 75+ die "of natural causes", case closed... Man alive how can one person be so gullible??
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:18 pm

Germany better be careful; today there were more new cases identified in Germany than in Italy.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:23 pm

MUTU wrote:Germany better be careful; today there were more new cases identified in Germany than in Italy.
I‘m not saying we don’t have to... But we also got like double the ICU beds of Spain and Italy COMBINED...

That alone won’t save us - but it might be a head start...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tuscanybayern » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:46 pm

Bastards bureaucrats...

No we won't.
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:51 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:

Bastards bureaucrats...

No we won't.
We‘re with you!

And also... We're in this together!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Paphlagonian » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:53 pm

I can't imagine the after effects of this pandemic. World is already at the edge of economical failure/collapse.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby RedQueen » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:23 pm

MUTU wrote:Germany better be careful; today there were more new cases identified in Germany than in Italy.

1) We've upped test capacities, we're doing 500,000 tests a week, more than Italy has done over the entire epidemic.
2) Part of this increase is probably still due to reporting delays over the last weekend, when we had an unexpectedly low number of new cases.

We shouldn't over-emphasize the reported figures on newly diagnosed cases. It's depending too much on the number of tests and test capacities. The less you test, the less likely you are to identify the infected.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:28 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:I can't imagine the after effects of this pandemic. World is already at the edge of economical failure/collapse.
A total war for resources?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge