You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:55 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:There seems to be a trend of double voices or negligent communication from various administrations across the globe with regards to this crisis. The standout one obviously being the US administration.

I don't think its far-fetched to say that a majority of this 'carefree' communication of either
a) Blaming it only on visitors/immigration/tourists
b) Saying its under control
c) Not emphasizing enough on social distancing

Its all mainly being motivated by the true people who run the globe and that's our respective governments corporate overlords, the ones who funded their campaigns, guarantee them long term power and many other perks. The reality is that a lot of the above points are motivated by a panic reaction to keep stock prices from crashing, minimize the recession damage and at the end of the day keep lining up their fat wallets. Its absolutely apparent in some of the communication coming out from the white-house.

Its really a shame that we live in a world where there DEFINITELY is a price for human life.

What did you expect from Republican's? This came to you just now?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:00 pm

Pretty confident corporate overlording is a problem on both sides. The liberal left has long left its roots about caring for the masses and empowering the labor movement.

Now its mostly obsessed with social and cultural urban policies that affect a smaller percentage of the populace as well.

Preference for elitism exists on both sides, the execution and masking is just different.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:05 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:Pretty confident corporate overlording is a problem on both sides. The liberal left has long left its roots about caring for the masses and empowering the labor movement.

Now its mostly obsessed with social and cultural urban policies that affect a smaller percentage of the populace as well.

Preference for elitism exists on both sides, the execution and masking is just different.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Also, the extent...

But yeah, predatory capitalism is bad news - although nothing new...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:58 pm

After the fake news scare a few days ago, seems like Dybala really has tested positive now.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:03 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:After the fake news scare a few days ago, seems like Dybala really has tested positive now.
We all will sooner or later...
And before MUTU posts something about negativity:
Let’s just hope we will get through it with just a few scratches...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:02 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:After the fake news scare a few days ago, seems like Dybala really has tested positive now.

No, you won't. If you take of yourself and your mother as you said you're concerned, then I bet you'll stay healthy. :wink:

Not that I'm some crazy optimist, but then again I tend to think positive because it's the only way to reduce stress and anxiety, keep my head up and whatever happens, I'm fine with it.
After all, life is not easy for billions of people without this virus and those who are already sick or suffer from some big and tough disease.

The only thing I really enjoy right now is that I have a huge backyard and garden so I can spend a lot of time outside, play with ball and have some good time with my godfather who works on his house and has a great dog. :)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:16 pm

Fénix wrote:
#12 wrote:

No, you won't. If you take of yourself and your mother as you said you're concerned, then I bet you'll stay healthy. :wink:

Not that I'm some crazy optimist, but then again I tend to think positive because it's the only way to reduce stress and anxiety, keep my head up and whatever happens, I'm fine with it.
After all, life is not easy for billions of people without this virus and those who are already sick or suffer from some big and tough disease.

The only thing I really enjoy right now is that I have a huge backyard and garden so I can spend a lot of time outside, play with ball and have some good time with my godfather who works on his house and has a great dog. :)
Look, I know I got a bad reputation here and it's partly justified... But I work at a school... Hundreds of children running along the halls, every day... In one of the regions with the highest number of infected already... It's just against all odds that I get spared, however careful I am...

Also, there's a theory that it’s only dangerous the first time you get it and it won’t be more than a flu the second... So maybe it’s better TO get it and get through well rather than to be spared... Unless there’s a good vaccine of course...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:52 pm

I think all of us is quite an exaggeration, and most people will probably be able to ride it out safely until we can get vaccinated. You are right that the odds are against you though. Unfortunately there is not much you can do other than to stay inside as much as possible, if possible even completely.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:03 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think all of us is quite an exaggeration, and most people will probably be able to ride it out safely until we can get vaccinated. You are right that the odds are against you though. Unfortunately there is not much you can do other than to stay inside as much as possible, if possible even completely.
Well, there’s no telling... Even if you don’t get any symptoms you can have it... So yeah, I think we'll all get it, at least 70-80% until we reach herd immunity - question is how badly we'll get it...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby OhioFan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:08 pm

It sounds like the Israelis are closest to a vaccine. I read they may only be 3 months away. Assuming it works, just imagine how the world might be changed for the better if they share it with their neighbors/enemies first.

FYI, I am now two weeks working and sheltering at home as my wife has serious breathing problems. That is two weeks in the house with her and our adult daughter, who are both insane. Can anyone please send me some very strong obstler? Please! Help!

Pray for Italy, our brothers and sisters there are dealing with an almost 10% death rate if they catch the virus.

Rickard
Stay well brothers and sisters in this time of world peril.
No matter who or where you are, peace be with you.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Fénix » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:20 pm

#12 wrote:Look, I know I got a bad reputation here and it's partly justified... But I work at a school... Hundreds of children running along the halls, every day... In one of the regions with the highest number of infected already... It's just against all odds that I get spared, however careful I am...

Also, there's a theory that it’s only dangerous the first time you get it and it won’t be more than a flu the second... So maybe it’s better TO get it and get through well rather than to be spared... Unless there’s a good vaccine of course...

I thought you also stopped working at schools and started an online school and classes at home.

As for theory, I have also thought about this in the last 2 weeks, that we need first time to beat it and become immune, but who is going to prove it that it's gonna be that way... :-k
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:55 am

Fénix wrote:
#12 wrote:Look, I know I got a bad reputation here and it's partly justified... But I work at a school... Hundreds of children running along the halls, every day... In one of the regions with the highest number of infected already... It's just against all odds that I get spared, however careful I am...

I thought you also stopped working at schools and started an online school and classes at home.

As for theory, I have also thought about this in the last 2 weeks, that we need first time to beat it and become immune, but who is going to prove it that it's gonna be that way... :-k

Drosten says it (leading virologist and epidemics expert in Germany)...
I tend to believe him...

As for my work - until after Easter... I think it’s suicide to open up right after, but I think it'll happen... And not literal suicide, but for the spread...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:56 am

OhioFan wrote:It sounds like the Israelis are closest to a vaccine. I read they may only be 3 months away. Assuming it works, just imagine how the world might be changed for the better if they share it with their neighbors/enemies first.

FYI, I am now two weeks working and sheltering at home as my wife has serious breathing problems. That is two weeks in the house with her and our adult daughter, who are both insane. Can anyone please send me some very strong obstler? Please! Help!

Pray for Italy, our brothers and sisters there are dealing with an almost 10% death rate if they catch the virus.

Rickard
You’re calling your wife and your daughter insane?
#lifechoices

Stay healthy!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby OhioFan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:13 am

#12 wrote:
OhioFan wrote:It sounds like the Israelis are closest to a vaccine. I read they may only be 3 months away. Assuming it works, just imagine how the world might be changed for the better if they share it with their neighbors/enemies first.

Rickard
#lifechoices

Stay healthy!

Just send me the obstler or some feuerwasser, bitte. :lol:
Stay well brothers and sisters in this time of world peril.
No matter who or where you are, peace be with you.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:28 am

OhioFan wrote:
#12 wrote:

Rickard
#lifechoices

Stay healthy!

Just send me the obstler or some feuerwasser, bitte. :lol:

I‘m not supposed to leave the house unless it’s for existential purposes... Would you say this is one of these cases?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge