You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:11 am

Sad and scaryImage
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:28 pm

Just learned about this now

https://twitter.com/elchiringuitotv/sta ... 09033?s=19

What a disgraced being.... I used to like him but not anymore
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:40 pm

We are living in democracy, y'know... :wink:
Spoiler: show
We have swallowed so many perversions in the last 35 years in the name of progress, even saw how it's enforced into laws and constitution, in that case humanity shall swallow this, too.

Costa acts like a god since he's filthy rich and at least he doesn't pretend like some English gentlemen be like people. He'll ride on that wave until something one day bad or wrong happens to him (if it happens).
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:07 pm

aterford wrote:AFAIK that graph is just raw numbers - not adjusted for population density nor for percent of population....

Population in Italy is roughly 60.5m; and about 206 persons per sq. km or 532 per sq. mile.
Meanwhile, US population is roughly 330.5m and that's about 36 persons per sq. km or 94 per sq. mi.
In Italy the median age is 45.5 - that's 5th highest in the world. In USA it is 38.1 - about 60th.
So at the moment in Italy those numbers represent ~800 cases (confirmed) per 1 million people;
In USA it's at ~60 per 1 million.

Of course, not to say that things won't get bad/worse here in the states. Those numbers are almost sure to rise in the coming days, in part as it's still spreading but perhaps in larger part due to the fact that we've finally started getting around to actually putting out a semi-decent number of tests (still woefully inadequate and yet a huge improvement at the same time).

So it almost certainly gets worse for us before it gets better. But I'm not sure that we'll get to "Italy levels" of trouble, either - knock on wood. I think that unfortunately Italy was uniquely positioned to get hit especially hard by the virus for a number of reasons. Not only is their average age one of the oldest in the world, they've consequently got a significant percentage of the population in the most vulnerable age range. Something like 1/4th of Italians are 65+! Italy keeps in a lot closer contact with these older folks too. Anecdotally speaking, this seems to be the case in much of Europe (when compared to the US) but especially true for Italians. I'm painting with a broad brush here, but generally speaking I think they've got a much more "familial" culture than here in the States. Or take smoking for example - last I saw it's also around 25% of Italians who are categorized as smokers. Here it's now sub-15%. Cheek-kiss greetings are virtually nonexistent over here.

And of course I don't say that to put forth any sense of superiority or anything like that. Just some cultural differences is all, neither better nor worse, but I do think in this particular scenario it has probably caused Italy some more troubles than other places. So, like I said - it will certainly get worse here before it gets better (and we know now that measures put in place today won't show benefits for two or three weeks down the road; when more infections show in the coming week or so - well, they were already there regardless.), but at the same time - again, knock on wood - I'm not quite so worried that things get SO awful as they've got for our Italian friends. God willing, anyways.
In the early stages of an epidemic, population numbers are irrelevant for an observation of the spread of a virus... If anything, you should have LESS infected BECAUSE of your lower density and fewer contact...
Of course, the rest of your arguments makes sense, but the graph mainly shows that the virus is most likely spreading even faster in the US...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:08 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Sad and scaryImage
Cannot make anything of this post...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:17 pm

#12 wrote:
Yest. Two big containers full of coffins...
They are stocking ... ... ....

That is Malta.

Msida is the village in which they were spotted
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:37 pm

Today 78 infected people in Croatia!!!!! In ONE DAY more than IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS!!!

People are joking! :roll: #-o 206 infected now. Incredible how easy they are taking all this. They are not afraid of anything and this is what is happening.

In my city and county no new infected people after 6 days.

This isn't going to be good at all if some folks are going to play with people's lives.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:38 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:
Yest. Two big containers full of coffins...
They are stocking ... ... ....

That is Malta.

Msida is the village in which they were spotted
Ah they’re empty? Okay...

Well... What can I say... It's a pandemic, as harsh as it sounds, people will die... I just hope it won’t be someone who’s close to me... And I know that’s selfish...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:39 pm

Fénix wrote:Today 78 infected people in Croatia!!!!! In ONE DAY more than IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS!!!

People are joking! :roll: #-o 206 infected now. Incredible how easy they are taking all this. They are not afraid of anything and this is what is happening.

This isn't going to be good at all if some folks are going to play with people's lives.
It’s kind of a suppression reaction... Reality’s going to hit us all hard... But these people will get knocked out of the park..
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:42 pm

Fénix wrote:Today 78 infected people in Croatia!!!!! In ONE DAY more than IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS!!!

I don’t understand how there are still people who don’t bloody get it by now.

In Malta we have mixed results. At 73 cases and likely topping 80 tomorrow, we are around 13 days behind Italy, which is bad. The very good news is that this week has seen around 10 new cases a day, save for one day with 5. So our second week looks more like a straight line than a curve. Add to that the fact that we have stopped all incoming flights starting today and I think we stand a chance of taking back control. 10 a day mean we are not having an exponential increase and is sustainable.

What scares me is that once people see we have a straight line and not a curve, they will think the worst is over and start going out without a care again. Especially if they believe the only threat lies in people coming from abroad, which is a dangerous narrative that the authorities have pushed. That’s why I’m not yet feeling relieved.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:00 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

I don’t understand how there are still people who don’t bloody get it by now.

In Malta we have mixed results. At 73 cases and likely topping 80 tomorrow, we are around 13 days behind Italy, which is bad. The very good news is that this week has seen around 10 new cases a day, save for one day with 5. So our second week looks more like a straight line than a curve. Add to that the fact that we have stopped all incoming flights starting today and I think we stand a chance of taking back control. 10 a day mean we are not having an exponential increase and is sustainable.

What scares me is that once people see we have a straight line and not a curve, they will think the worst is over and start going out without a care again. Especially if they believe the only threat lies in people coming from abroad, which is a dangerous narrative that the authorities have pushed. That’s why I’m not yet feeling relieved.
This thing of nothing will happen to us is in the human dna I guess.
Same used to happen during the war...
We have read, seen stories of naive individuals who used to follow the air raids from their roofs or balconies.... and even in the shelter entrances (putting their brethren at risk) these idiotic decisions often resulted in tragedy....
However apparently when the Luftwaffe took over only a handful kept risking.

In Malta ppl are still going out maybe not in bars as they have been ordered to close but at friends... among other things
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:05 pm

#12 wrote:

It’s kind of a suppression reaction... Reality’s going to hit us all hard... But these people will get knocked out of the park..

Human arrogance and extremely high self confidence with that "it cannot happen to me" costed many people lives in car crashes, drinking too much alcohol and so on.
I'm watching news right now on a Croatian TV station and what people say in Zagreb Hauptmarkt is so pervert, especially that all ridiculous comments come from people between 60 and 80. #-o

This is why I have always partly hated democracy and why extreme marshal law with soldiers and weapons would put the cattle in order when they don't take this situation seriously.

They don't care about medical staff who are leading this crisis, they don't listen to Croatian scientists and academics, they don't listen to national and local authorities and not even their own fellow citizens.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:15 pm

There seems to be a trend of double voices or negligent communication from various administrations across the globe with regards to this crisis. The standout one obviously being the US administration.

I don't think its far-fetched to say that a majority of this 'carefree' communication of either
a) Blaming it only on visitors/immigration/tourists
b) Saying its under control
c) Not emphasizing enough on social distancing

Its all mainly being motivated by the true people who run the globe and that's our respective governments corporate overlords, the ones who funded their campaigns, guarantee them long term power and many other perks. The reality is that a lot of the above points are motivated by a panic reaction to keep stock prices from crashing, minimize the recession damage and at the end of the day keep lining up their fat wallets. Its absolutely apparent in some of the communication coming out from the white-house.

Its really a shame that we live in a world where there DEFINITELY is a price for human life.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:52 pm

Fénix wrote:
#12 wrote:

Human arrogance and extremely high self confidence with that "it cannot happen to me" costed many people lives in car crashes, drinking too much alcohol and so on.
I'm watching news right now on a Croatian TV station and what people say in Zagreb Hauptmarkt is so pervert, especially that all ridiculous comments come from people between 60 and 80. #-o

This is why I have always partly hated democracy and why extreme marshal law with soldiers and weapons would put the cattle in order when they don't take this situation seriously.

They don't care about medical staff who are leading this crisis, they don't listen to Croatian scientists and academics, they don't listen to national and local authorities and not even their own fellow citizens.

Scientists?

I'll just give you a little cue here: "climate change"

See where I'm going?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:53 pm

6557 new cases and 793 new deaths in Italy. :(

Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge