You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby MUTU » Fri May 07, 2021 2:46 pm

First dose, in position! Image
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:44 pm

Don't listen to this song before you go for your vaccine

https://www.google.com/amp/s/genius.com ... ing-lyrics
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 12, 2021 10:46 am

Man in Melbourne contracted covid while in hotel quarantine. He was in a hotel room that was next to the room of another person who tested positive to the virus.

Unfortunately because he contracted the virus when he had served a good part of his quarantine he did not test positive when he was released into the community. As a result a train to an Australian football game has been declared as an exposure site. AFL are allowing tens of thousands of people into stadiums. The authorities say there is a chance that a large number of people may have been exposed on the train or at the station, especially on the train trip back after the game when the trains are crammed full.

This is potentially of a covid disaster for a country that has been excellent during the crisis. Proof of how absolutely idiotic it is to let fans in for EURO 2020, no matter how badly we want to return to normal. Attendance should be for vaccinated people ONLY. To hell with discrimination.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed May 12, 2021 11:01 am

Not just vaccinated but also presenting a negative PCR test taken the previous 24 hours.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 12, 2021 11:08 am

The Indian variant may send the world back to 2019/2020
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 12, 2021 11:35 am

MUTU wrote:Not just vaccinated but also presenting a negative PCR test taken the previous 24 hours.
That is ideal but I think unnecessary and in general I always favour reducing bureaucracy.

The negative test increases safety but the increase is not that big, I think. Considering fully vaccinated people have very high protection and are also less likely to spread it, then if you get an infected person in a crowd they are very unlikely to spread it because 1) the risk of doing so is very low and 2) if they do spread droplets, the people around them have 80-95% protection. Essentially as long as all the crowd is vaccinated I see no way a disaster could happen although there might be a handful of controllable cases.

The problem is when people are given a choice, so non-vaccinated people can attend with just a test.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Thu May 13, 2021 4:56 am

ramsej84 wrote:The situation in india may send the world back to 2019/2020
sadly i feel there will be 2-3 more waves in india and newer variants. population of 1.3 billion less the 3 % of the population vaccinated (there are already people who are infected post-vaccination, besides the vaccine shortage and hundred other economical, cultural and political reasons for nice setup for being culture media for the virus ). :(
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:25 am

DRvad14 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:The situation in india may send the world back to 2019/2020
sadly i feel there will be 2-3 more waves in india and newer variants. population of 1.3 billion less the 3 % of the population vaccinated (there are already people who are infected post-vaccination, besides the vaccine shortage and hundred other economical, cultural and political reasons for nice setup for being culture media for the virus ). :(
Very worrying...
Is this variant resistant to vaccines?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Thu May 13, 2021 7:29 am

^
DRvad14 wrote:covaxin is the only vaccine studied with indian variant as far as i know and the predominant strain in india is the kent/uk variant at least so far
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Fénix » Thu May 13, 2021 8:10 am

Some countries must be completely isolated and their diaspora forbidden to travel home so you could eventually prevent the virus to be spread and carried around.

Traveling and globalization are the main rreasons why this virus succeeded what no virus before did after Spanish flu 100 years ago. Now we are connected so it should be easier, but it hasn't been exactly because of our lifestyle, human rights thing and primarily passive approach in November and December 2019 with China.

All in all, we have to wait another 2 years to see how this is going to look like after needles.
Nevertheless, we are in May, summer is in front of us and tourism very much alive and later another round of autumn and winter for numbers to jump high, death, etc.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:43 am

Fénix wrote:Some countries must be completely isolated and their diaspora forbidden to travel home so you could eventually prevent the virus to be spread and carried around.

Traveling and globalization are the main rreasons why this virus succeeded what no virus before did after Spanish flu 100 years ago. Now we are connected so it should be easier, but it hasn't been exactly because of our lifestyle, human rights thing and primarily passive approach in November and December 2019 with China.

All in all, we have to wait another 2 years to see how this is going to look like after needles.
Nevertheless, we are in May, summer is in front of us and tourism very much alive and later another round of autumn and winter for numbers to jump high, death, etc.
I agree with you... Totally.
But India needs help everyone has to contribute, it is for the benefit of all.
On the other hand China has to be punished one way or another...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:54 am

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu May 13, 2021 9:15 am

They need help, but as our Indian friend said, the situation is too complex within the country and society alone and everything looks way harder and worse in that situation for them when you don't breathe as one.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Fénix » Thu May 13, 2021 9:18 am

By the way, my dad received first Pfizer. Nothing special.

Grandad already got 2 Moderna and nothing at all.

I haven't called to be put on the list, yet. But I should, the sooner the better I guess...
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 13, 2021 9:39 am

I don’t know anyone who had anything after the first Pfizer tbh. I didn’t have anything too bad after the second one either other than really bad arm pain but I know several who got bad side effects with the second one. My best friend had it yesterday and is basically confined to bed today. Hopefully your dad will be luckier.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge