You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby OhioFan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:21 am

Guys and Gals,

I wrote an imploring post asking for prayers from all of us from different faiths to come together. Somehow I didn't hit submit properly and I don't have the strength to write it again. Let's just do it!

Rickard
Stay well brothers and sisters in this time of world peril.
No matter who or where you are, peace be with you.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:14 am

Apart from testing, transparency is another big problem I have with the UK / European government.

Again, another Asian country proving it's not too much to demand.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:45 am

I don't know how I feel about that. On one hand it is good to make sure anyone who might have been in contact with them knows. On the other hand there is way too much identifying information, and given the stigma the virus is likely to maintain I am a bit concerned about that.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:47 am

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Unfortunately my best friend, a doctor, is currently quarantined in his room as one of the doctors in their ward today had some symptoms and is being tested tonight. Fingers crossed everything is fine for all of them.

This case has thankfully resulted negative.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:18 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don't know how I feel about that. On one hand it is good to make sure anyone who might have been in contact with them knows. On the other hand there is way too much identifying information, and given the stigma the virus is likely to maintain I am a bit concerned about that.

What stigma? If I have the virus I'll tell everyone, for their safety. Besides, people who can identify you based on that level of information would likely have already known anyway.

Can't have one or the other. You can't want the situation to improve and not want to help.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:22 am

In Croatia so far 99 infected, just few released since the infection. Yesterday for the first time 2 digit infected, 12 in one day.

In my city just 7 and no newly infected in the last 5-6 days.
Right now nobody is welcomed in Eastern Croatia, neither diaspora nor foreigners nor those Croats from here who work in other parts of Croatia. This is the only way to keep people here calm because everyone is almost acting like it's nuclear crisis or armageddon is arriving. :lol: :roll: #-o

This is the best way to keep this poor and half-empty region safe from any infections just like it's been abandoned by everyone in the last 20-25 years in economical aspect.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:43 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Apart from testing, transparency is another big problem I have with the UK / European government.

Again, another Asian country proving it's not too much to demand.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Same is being done here.
But we can maybe do it thanks to our small population.
The authorities say from where the patient came where were his/her whereabouts etc
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:45 am

Fénix wrote:In Croatia so far 99 infected, just few released since the infection. Yesterday for the first time 2 digit infected, 12 in one day.

In my city just 7 and no newly infected in the last 5-6 days.
Right now nobody is welcomed in Eastern Croatia, neither diaspora nor foreigners nor those Croats from here who work in other parts of Croatia. This is the only way to keep people here calm because everyone is almost acting like it's nuclear crisis or armageddon is arriving. :roll: #-o

This is the best way to keep this poor and half-empty region safe from any infections just like it's been abandoned by everyone in the last 20-25 years in economical aspect.
And here we are bringing back all Maltese from all over ....
Tbh can't understand this
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:28 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don't know how I feel about that. On one hand it is good to make sure anyone who might have been in contact with them knows. On the other hand there is way too much identifying information, and given the stigma the virus is likely to maintain I am a bit concerned about that.

What stigma? If I have the virus I'll tell everyone, for their safety. Besides, people who can identify you based on that level of information would likely have already known anyway.

Can't have one or the other. You can't want the situation to improve and not want to help.
Wanting is one thing - you cannot just deprive someone of his privacy in a democracy, even in a crisis
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:29 am

Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:52 am

ramsej84 wrote:And here we are bringing back all Maltese from all over ....

All infected in Slavonia and Baranja were infected by people who were in Zagreb and came from there and those over there came from other countries. Holidays and vacation are the only reason to come here.

Thank God there are no further increases for thge last 5-6 days, but in 2 places very, very close to my suburb have around 150 self-isolated because of one mid-aged married couple who went to Zagreb last week to visit their infected brother in law who was outside of Croatia and brought the whole thing here.

Easter is not far from us and from what I can see right now, daily church masses, stations of the Cross, Sunday mass, everything has stopped few days ago. People are disappointed, angry, frustrated, but that's how it is.

Yesterday the infection has arrived to Dalmatia while in Istria one old man died and it is left to see whether the main reason of death was the virus or something else.
The man was positive and self-isolated for the last 7-10 days. Official report from the state crisis headquarter is to be released today. It should have been yesterday, but the sample on its way to Zagreb was screwed up and they had to return back to take another one.

I went to shopping mall and few stores yesterday in the city after 6-7 days, those food supplies(yest, flour and meat) where nothing stands on the shells... :roll: :roll: #-o #-o #-o

I mean, just look at this picture from this morning after last night's announcement from Croatian government that working hours of stores, malls and other places is reduced to 18:00h, bars and restaurants are closed, food delivery only. #-o

War isn't anywhere near and they almost behave as it is here.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:54 am

Fénix wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:And here we are bringing back all Maltese from all over ....

All infected in Slavonia and Baranja were infected by people who were in Zagreb and came from there and those over there came from other countries. Holidays and vacation are the only reason to come here.

Thank God there are no further increases for thge last 5-6 days, but in 2 places very, very close to my suburb have around 150 self-isolated because of one mid-aged married couple who went to Zagreb last week to visit their infected brother in law who was outside of Croatia and brought the whole thing here.

Easter is not far from us and from what I can see right now, daily church masses, stations of the Cross, Sunday mass, everything has stopped few days ago. People are disappointed, angry, frustrated, but that's how it is.

Yesterday the infection has arrived to Dalmatia while in Istria one old man died and it is left to see whether the main reason of death was the virus or something else.
The man was positive and self-isolated for the last 7-10 days. Official report from the state crisis headquarter is to be released today. It should have been yesterday, but the sample on its way to Zagreb was screwed up and they had to return back to take another one.

I went to shopping mall and few stores yesterday in the city after 6-7 days, those food supplies(yest, flour and meat) where nothing stands on the shells... :roll: :roll: #-o #-o #-o

I mean, just look at this picture from this morning after last night's announcement from Croatian government that working hours of stores, malls and other places is reduced to 18:00h, bars and restaurants are closed, food delivery only. #-o

War isn't anywhere near and they almost behave as it is here.
Ppl panic very normal
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:01 pm

German big bro contestants are to be told today

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... -tv.778790

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... ses.779264

Fiorentina owner Rocco Commisso revealed on Wednesday ten members of the Italian outfit have tested positive for coronavirus, with three in hospital.

“The situation is worsening, in the club we have about ten people affected by this unfortunate disease, three members of staff are in hospital,” Commisso told Sky Sport Italia from the United States.

Players infected include Italian forward Patrick Cutrone, Argentine German Pezzella and Serbia forward Dusan Vlahovic.

As a result the Tuscany side have launched a fundraiser to help city hospitals with former France midfielder Franck Ribery donating 50,000 euros ($54,000).

“I want to thank Ribery for his donation,” said Commisso. 

“We’ve started well, we’ve already raised 420,000 euros with a target of 500,000.”

Serie A rivals Brescia also confirmed two employees had tested positive for COVID-19 which
has killed nearly 3,000 people in Italy.

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:10 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Ppl panic very normal

There's nothing normal in panic and hysteria at all. :lol:
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:23 pm

Fénix wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Ppl panic very normal

There's nothing normal in panic and hysteria at all. :lol:
Well I don’t know what’s going on in your village but as long as they stand in line like that I think it’s not panic... They shouldn’t buy 500 rolls of TP, but I mean that’s not exaggerating IMHO...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge