You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:55 pm

ramsej84 wrote:The vaccination processes is at a,snail's pace thanks to the Eu , have a look at israel and the US... and the UK

Not true. The two you mentioned are only part of a handful of countries with a more effective vaccination programme than Malta, an EU member state. If Malta could do it, the others could too. We shouldn’t confuse the individual states which make up the EU with the EU itself. The EU institutions were only responsible for approving caccines and procuring them, and technically the countries were still allowed to procure them individually as far as I know.

The EU took longer to approve vaccines, true, and so some countries got a head start. And yet the ones attacking the EU over that were mostly the same people saying the vaccines were rushed and so on. I feel much safer knowing proper processes were done.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:08 pm

And speaking of safety, PLEASE keep this in mind guys, especially those if you having AstraZeneca like me. I have read quite a bit beyond what the mainstream media reported and also discussed it extensively with healthcare professionals.

Basically, the issue with blood clots that got the vaccine halted in many countries is confirmed to have no relation with the vaccine, which is good. BUT for a much rarer kind, identified mainly in Germany, a link could not be excluded by the EMA and scientists in Norway and Germany have claimed they have since identified the cause for it and it is almost definitely related to the vaccine.

These cases are VERY rare (less than 1 in a million! And mostly in women under the age of 50, so not a target group most of us are part of) and the same condition can also be caused by Covid itself, so we should not be afraid of being vaccinated. It is also probable that you need to have a certain genetic predisposition to it, it is not merely random. It is also treatable and is not really a problem, so the important thing is to be aware of it and identify it (as it can be serious otherwise).

So basically, keep an eye out especially for a persistent headache that last beyond the 24-48 hours after vaccination were side effects are common, and also things like blurred vision, dizziness, breathlessness, persistent bleeding, and pain in the chest/stomach, contact doctors IMMEDIATELY and mention the recent vaccination.

I do not mean to scare or put people off vaccination (I will be having the vaccine myself next week), it does not make sense to be scared as even common medications like antibiotics have a much bigger chance of causing a serious reaction, but it is crucial that we are all aware of this and keep an eye out for it. To put into context, it is literally more probable to be killed by a lightning strike than by this because of the vaccine. However, while it is ALMOST non-existent, the risk is not completely inexistent, and it is good to know about it just in case.

Also: these cases have been found with AZ, but we don’t yet know whether it could also be the case with the other vaccines. The AZ sample is simply much bigger worldwide.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:27 pm

I felt some pain in different "locations" (like left part of the chest right leg, etc.) that "felt" like being inside veins/the heart... Kinda hard to describe and was actually A LITTLE concerned... No idea if that IS common...
It was right after the shot though (within like 40hours) and it stopped now so I assume there was some connection...

And also, it was way before blood cloths became an issue so no, it was not phantom pain
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:41 pm

I think as long as it vanished right after (the next couple of days) it was probably some other side effect.

That said, what you described kinda sounds like what I felt when I believe I had covid (long before things like muscle pains were identified as symptoms) so it could well just be the vaccine and your body doing their job.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:48 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think as long as it vanished right after (the next couple of days) it was probably some other side effect.

That said, what you described kinda sounds like what I felt when I believe I had covid (long before things like muscle pains were identified as symptoms) so it could well just be the vaccine and your body doing their job.
I think it was - just seriously I never felt this and so weak after a vaccine shot... I am no anti-vaccine nutjob, but I didn’t get a shot in like 15 years (early summer meningoencephalitis), since most vaccines grant lifelong immunity and I never get the flu shot... So yeah it had me worried a little... Not the flu-like symptoms, but the things I described... I assume it was Normal though since I don’t think I have any serious issues cardiovascular issues...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:50 pm

Yes, I’ll admit I’m quite nervous and paranoid about it too. But I know it’s for the greater good.

Fully expecting to spend next weekend in bed though, doesn’t help that theres no Bayern.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:34 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yes, I’ll admit I’m quite nervous and paranoid about it too. But I know it’s for the greater good.

Fully expecting to spend next weekend in bed though, doesn’t help that theres no Bayern.
Well, if mine is any measure, be happy! You couldn’t enjoy it anyway... Take an Ibuprofen or Paracetamol or Aspirin about 8-10 hours in if you ask me, eat something good before that (maybe prep something, so the work is not bothering you), have a thermos of tea and some other fluids ready, a few blankets on your bed or couch and just stay there if you can... It’s like a really bad flu for one day and it’s got the same cure: lots of sleep...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:47 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yes, I’ll admit I’m quite nervous and paranoid about it too. But I know it’s for the greater good.

Well, if mine is any measure, be happy! You couldn’t enjoy it anyway... Take an Ibuprofen or Paracetamol or Aspirin about 8-10 hours in if you ask me, eat something good before that (maybe prep something, so the work is not bothering you), have a thermos of tea and some other fluids ready, a few blankets on your bed or couch and just stay there if you can... It’s like a really bad flu for one day and it’s got the same cure: lots of sleep...

Aspirin?! By Bayer? Meh
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:35 am

Yes a friend of mine said that he takes aspirin not panadol.

P.s also on AZ;-all the over 50s I know who had it had zero symptoms but all the under 40s had to stay home for two days ...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:21 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Yes a friend of mine said that he takes aspirin not panadol.

P.s also on AZ;-all the over 50s I know who had it had zero symptoms but all the under 40s had to stay home for two days ...

I know several cases which are the opposite. Could be simply coincidence. The side effects are very common but of course you could be lucky.

It does seem that this particular rare serious one is more prevalent in younger people, though - though of course, older people are simply more likely to get it in general anyway, unrelated to the vaccine.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:30 pm

Well I take it as a positive sign: a more naive, i.e. less resilient and proactive immune system would probably react less heavily...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:46 pm

#12 wrote:Well I take it as a positive sign: a more naive, i.e. less resilient and proactive immune system would probably react less heavily...
You have a point, but then on the other hand fcbm post contradicts all the above

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:48 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:Well I take it as a positive sign: a more naive, i.e. less resilient and proactive immune system would probably react less heavily...
You have a point, but then on the other hand fcbm post contradicts all the above

Depends... Immune system tends to be "weaker" in older people...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:59 pm

The UK virus variant is not just more contagious. It is more deadly, too

What research says about the COVID-19 strain that accounts for 75% of new cases

According to Leon Danon, one of the BMJ study’s lead researchers, “SARS-CoV-2 appears able to mutate quickly, and there is a real concern that other variants will arise with resistance to rapidly rolled out vaccines”.  We’re in a race against this everchanging virus – we need to snuff it out through a concerted effort before it escapes our vaccines.

I can't understand how some people are so positive and or complacent...
Things will never be back to normal... never...

And then I remember the experts saying that variants mean less powerful or deadly virus cause in order to do that the virus has to weaken itself...

Exactly they were spot on....

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... too.859468
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:57 am

"Let's take a symbolic date: by July 14, we have the possibility of achieving immunity across the continent," Thierry Breton, the EU's commissioner for the internal market told French broadcaster TF1. [source]

PS: The Euro 2020 final is scheduled for July 11 :mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge