You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:57 am

So, "recovering" from the AZ, got my shot in Monday morning and had a more or less normal day (you know, bitching about our board, getting angry at everyone who disagrees, eating way too much... )... Bar heat rushes and temporarily feeling a little uneasy... Had a little trouble falling asleep at first and had a kinda light sleep... Then I woke up some 2 hours later and it started: felt really cold, then too hot, got a fever and could barely catch another minute of sleep thereafter... Sent materials to my students for the morning lessons and could go to sleep, which then really helped... Mostly had a bad headache and felt a little dizzy at times, but I was able to conduct my two lessons and even hold PTA talks... Generally felt tired of course, and when I was on my couch watching the CL matches the cold and then heat came back and a light fever... But by the beginning of extra time I definitely felt it getting better... Had a sweaty night and what‘s left is the pain in my arm from the syringe and still the remains of what feels like a migrane headache on retreat...

Overall I think my immune reaction works

And to those still getting it: it‘s definitely not fun of course... But it’s kinda like a flu and not too bad... A day‘s rest helps a lot!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:58 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:a year ago today was my last time sitting in a Restaurant...

Today Malta is to register the biggest nr of daily cases since 7th March 2020 ...

almost 500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 in 1,000 people in Malta have tested positive in the last 24 hours.
What about your ICUs? Problematic occupancy rate?
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:55 am

#12 wrote:So, "recovering" from the AZ, got my shot in Monday morning and had a more or less normal day (you know, bitching about our board, getting angry at everyone who disagrees, eating way too much... )... Bar heat rushes and temporarily feeling a little uneasy... Had a little trouble falling asleep at first and had a kinda light sleep... Then I woke up some 2 hours later and it started: felt really cold, then too hot, got a fever and could barely catch another minute of sleep thereafter... Sent materials to my students for the morning lessons and could go to sleep, which then really helped... Mostly had a bad headache and felt a little dizzy at times, but I was able to conduct my two lessons and even hold PTA talks... Generally felt tired of course, and when I was on my couch watching the CL matches the cold and then heat came back and a light fever... But by the beginning of extra time I definitely felt it getting better... Had a sweaty night and what‘s left is the pain in my arm from the syringe and still the remains of what feels like a migrane headache on retreat...

Overall I think my immune reaction works

And to those still getting it: it‘s definitely not fun of course... But it’s kinda like a flu and not too bad... A day‘s rest helps a lot!
Yeah I’ve been hearing almost everyone’s getting this with AZ. Sounds like its side effects are more common.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:32 pm

Today Malta is to register the biggest nr of daily cases since 7th March 2020 ...

Actually over 500
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:30 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Actually over 500
Frightening

510 cases in Malta are equal to:
96,808 cases in Germany (Yesterday they had 6,841 cases)
78,544 cases in UK (Yesterday they had 5,766 cases)
69,647 cases in Italy (Yesterday they had 19,749 cases)
75,371 cases in France (Yesterday they had 23,302 cases)
53,923 cases in Spain (Yesterday they had 4,013 cases)
6,694 cases in Denmark (Yesterday they had 527 cases)
383,119 cases in USA (Yesterday they had 55,683 cases)
246,226 cases in Brazil (Yesterday they had 69,537 cases)

Most of these countries have some form of lockdown or closure of airports.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:59 pm

Croatia today 962 cases, yesterday 491, day earlier 94(Sunday is always the lowest for well known reasons), Saturday 394, Friday 658.

BiH and Serbia are dramatically increasing numbers, especially the latter that has already started to vaccine with Sputnik V and it seems no effect.

Less than 4 million people in Croatia, very liberal measures, no lockdown, police clock, marshal law...
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:36 pm

Denmark suspends use of AstraZeneca vaccine over blood clot fears [source]

:( :shock: :shock: :evil:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:33 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Denmark suspends use of AstraZeneca vaccine over blood clot fears [source]

:( :shock: :shock: :evil:

It seems that this very likely isn't much to worry about, but bad publicity doesn't help, unfortunately.

Meanwhile J&J has been approved. I think our health minister said we have around 250k doses of it ordered and since it is only one dose that is almost enough for everyone! So I think we can stop worrying about being given AZ now. I'm eager to get J&J, personally. I think it's my vaccine of choice.

Expect a similar to bad publicity campaign on it about the 67% efficacy (compared to 95% for Pfizer and Moderna) but don't let that dissuade you. Pfizer and Moderna only got those numbers being tested in places like the US on the original strain of Covid. J%J was tested in Brazil, South Africa etc. which means the fairly high 67% (a vaccine is considered effective at 60%+) is the overall protection you get for ALL variants. The numbers for the original strain in US trials are much closer to the numbers Pfizer and Moderna have been putting about, both of which, as far as I know, have been shown to be much less effective against variants, which are the real issue now.

All vaccines pretty much stop almost 100% of deaths and hospitalisations too, which is after all the most important part. J&J also seems to have very mild side effects, which is a bonus over AZ. And being one dose is a big advantage on an individual level (less hassle for us, and we have full protection quicker rather than over a period of a couple of months), and on a general level - it means more people can get vaccinated quicker, and having most people vaccinated is the next step to eradicating a virus and a more important one than simply having protection on a personal level.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:37 am

#12 wrote:What about your ICUs? Problematic occupancy rate?

Yes, my doctor friends say they have crazy amounts. They are converting wards into makeshift ICUs too. And the people there are fairly younger now, some in fairly healthy situations.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Well nevermind, the Health minister just gave me the best birthday present ever and sent me my appointment this morning!

Have no clue how I ended up this prioritised btw.

Not clear what I’m getting. Interval between the two is 10 weeks but the info provided matches with Pfizer.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:04 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Well nevermind, the Health minister just gave me the best birthday present ever and sent me my appointment this morning!

Not clear what I’m getting. Interval between the two is 10 weeks but the info provided matches with Pfizer.

What? How come? Not even my 72 year old dad received it yet.

If it's 10 weeks you will get the AstraZeneca.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:11 pm

The sit is getting worse by the minute...
Young ppl are dying :(

We are heading to where Bergamo were last year...

My God... what is happening to us
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:53 pm

Sebastian Kurz suspects some countries have 'secret vaccine contracts'

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... ses.857614

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:02 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Well nevermind, the Health minister just gave me the best birthday present ever and sent me my appointment this morning!

10 weeks is AZ, Pfizer is 2, Moderna 3... Welcome to the club, buddy, dress warm and use your weak arm!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:12 pm

My confusion was based on this:
As far as I knew, AZ was 12 weeks, not 10.
I saw something about real world experience suggesting it might make sense to delay even the other vaccines and thought they might be doing that, though wasn’t too keen about the idea.
The information letter they sent with it clearly refers to Pfizer in terms of details about the trials carried out and so on.

I did some digging around though and confirmed that people who were given the first dose of AZ received the same letter, so I’m definitely getting that one. I think it’s ridiculous that they send false information (as in, unrelated to the product administered) to people to reassure them, possibly even a crime, but it’s a laziness that’s not surprising in Malta. I have no problem with any vaccine so it doesn’t make too much difference to me, but it is isn’t right to tell me you’re putting one thing in my body and getting me to consent to that and then giving me something else.

Anyway, I’ll probably spend the next couple of weeks until I get it obsessively reading up about AZ now. It seems kind of better than I had the impression, though. For example I thought it was ineffective against the South African variant but apprently that’s only for mild to moderate Covid, and it works just as well to stop severe illness and hospitalisation - which is good enough I suppose.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge