You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:23 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:As Malta shuts down all restaurants, cafes etc. today and as we hit exactly one year since the first case recorded here on Sunday, I just calculated that 9% of the total cases ever recorded in Malta happened in the past 7 days alone.
Frightening...

P.s re the households thing!!!!! How idiotic... and gyms and cinemas should have been closed as well.

Edit , I saw this earlier this morning.

According to a Times of Malta exercise, the country could expect to achieve herd immunity by mid-October if the current COVID-19 vaccination rate is kept up.

And for Malta to meet the end-of-summer target set by the EU, the speed at which the daily number of jabs is being administered needs to be kicked up a notch to reach 2,569 doses per day. 

Also... younger people are perishing now
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:06 pm

dont you guys think its strange a global calamity like covid didn't bring people over the world/people closer than how it is now?
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:44 pm

DRvad14 wrote:dont you guys think its strange a global calamity like covid didn't bring people over the world/people closer than how it is now?
People have become more selfish than ever, and this is also being reflected in how Govts are dealing with the distribution of vaccines...

Vide what Italy did to Australia , what Germany and the US tried to do late last year
Israel to Palestine...
Or how Iraq have just started to receive the vaccines just now.

And also we shall not forget the hijack of equipment like protective gears and masks by certain countries in order to keep them for themselves...
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:19 pm

DRvad14 wrote:dont you guys think its strange a global calamity like covid didn't bring people over the world/people closer than how it is now?
Not strange as such... but I thought it would change humanity more than it did.

Think back to a year ago. People DID come closer, I think. Remember singing in balconies? People cheering their neighbours up... beautiful speeches by people like the pope reminding us we will hug each other again... So many people saying we will never take so and so for granted again...

We’ve forgotten all that now. Maybe it’s simply fatigue. I think it’s more likely that it was an inevitable part of resuming life, when countries started opening up. It’s a shame, I think to some extent we will always keep remembering the age of Covid but I don’t think we will be remembered as the Covid generation, as I did a year ago.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:33 pm

There's one thing I'm not understanding. They're saying that vaccines have little to no effect on transmission of the virus, but rather on the severity of the symptoms. Why is it being hailed as the bringer of herd immunity then?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:52 pm

MUTU wrote:There's one thing I'm not understanding. They're saying that vaccines have little to no effect on transmission of the virus, but rather on the severity of the symptoms. Why is it being hailed as the bringer of herd immunity then?

What? Pretty sure the early scientific evidence suggests that transmission IS reduced.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:22 pm

MUTU wrote:There's one thing I'm not understanding. They're saying that vaccines have little to no effect on transmission of the virus, but rather on the severity of the symptoms. Why is it being hailed as the bringer of herd immunity then?
If 80-90% of the population just get a cold it’s not much different than herd immunity...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:28 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

What? Pretty sure the early scientific evidence suggests that transmission IS reduced.

Not really. They're not even sure if there's any effect yet, let alone on how big. This is from 3 days ago: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... at-we-know
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:58 pm

Glass half empty? We’re not sure, yes, it’s too early for that too, but the article itself does say (as many others have said) that the suggestion is that they do indeed reduce transmission.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:33 am

WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus praised the first full week of the Covax roll-out, but said wealthy countries were nonetheless still leaving others behind in the vaccination rush.

Within Africa, Angola, the DR Congo, The Gambia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mali, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sudan and Uganda have now received their first doses through Covax.

Elsewhere, Cambodia, Colombia, India, Moldova, the Philippines and South Korea have also taken deliveries.

Don't waste the hope of vaccines, warns WHO [source]

But the World Health Organisation voiced fears that further waves of the coronavirus pandemic could be on the way if people think the roll-out of vaccines around the globe means the crisis is over.

"I really am very concerned that... we think we're through this. We're not," WHO emergencies director Michael Ryan told a press conference.

"And countries are going to lurch back into third and fourth surges if we're not careful.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:39 pm

Schools open in England tomorrow. To all kids, all day, every day. Watch those cases rise once more...

Teachers understandably are not happy, especially as they have not been offered vaccinations before having to return

And before you know it another variant will appear, one even more infectious and likely to escape the vaccine :twisted:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:51 pm

Lukas wrote:Schools open in England tomorrow. To all kids, all day, every day. Watch those cases rise once more...

Teachers understandably are not happy, especially as they have not been offered vaccinations before having to return

And before you know it another variant will appear, one even more infectious and likely to escape the vaccine :twisted:
The SA one already is, isn’t it?!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:07 pm

#12 wrote:
Lukas wrote:Schools open in England tomorrow. To all kids, all day, every day. Watch those cases rise once more...

The SA one already is, isn’t it?!

And the Brazilian one I think. But yeah I mean yet another one
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Lukas » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:11 pm

The schools decision is madness. I just can’t believe they’re doing it
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:30 pm

Lukas wrote:The schools decision is madness. I just can’t believe they’re doing it
Tell me bout it...

At least getting my first shot tomorrow...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge