You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:49 am

Lukas wrote:My dad had the AZ crap yesterday and it’s knocked him off his feet apparently. My mother says she has never seen him so ill. Can only hope it does him some good in the long run
Sad to hear... hope he recovers asap

As for other vaccines, do you usually take the yearly jab against the common flu?
I only got it once in Winter 2012...
I got sick once in every month or two even in Summer... even though it was never sever and I recovered in two or three days it was very irritating.
Usually I get the common cold twice a year and that's it...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:56 pm

^
hope your dad feels better,my mother had a similar experience after her first dose and so did i after the second one (pfizer) its immune reaction
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:23 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Lukas wrote:My dad had the AZ crap yesterday and it’s knocked him off his feet apparently. My mother says she has never seen him so ill. Can only hope it does him some good in the long run
Sad to hear... hope he recovers asap

As for other vaccines, do you usually take the yearly jab against the common flu?
I only got it once in Winter 2012...
I got sick once in every month or two even in Summer... even though it was never sever and I recovered in two or three days it was very irritating.
Usually I get the common cold twice a year and that's it...

Mind you I am typically quite pro-vaccine but I do think sometimes it just depends on the person. It's perhaps just coincidence, and only my anecdotal evidence here, but I've never really got along well with the flu vaccine. Typically I didn't ever get it, because I rarely get sick (and it's almost never the flu). I got the flu shot back in 2015 and was sick as a dog shortly thereafter. Skipped it in 2016, got it again in 2017....sick as a dog that year too. And you guessed it: skipped in 2018, took in 2019 and ended up having to go to the hospital with pneumonia not long after (this was before Covid had really entered the picture, haha). So I didn't bother with it in 2020 (of course, on top of not typically getting sick, naturally odds were lower as everyone was distanced and masked). But, all that to say, just for me personally it has always seemed to cause me more trouble than it's prevented. Like I said, is probably just coincidence, but I think sometimes it just depends.

All that said, I didn't really have much of an adverse reaction to the Covid shot (Pfizer), but I am due for my second round here in 5 days and I hear supposedly side-effects have been worse after the second than the first.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:23 pm

aterford wrote:I hear supposedly side-effects have been worse after the second than the first.

This is what my friend in München told me. First time okay, second round side effects and not good.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:32 pm

^
people dont understand immune response :coffee:
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:37 pm

It is here to stay... it has adopted well to humans

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... ays.851180
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:39 pm

Of course it is... But it will get better from here...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:53 am

Experts note their requests as US voices 'deep concerns' about investigation

WHO experts told AFP in an interview Saturday they had not received access to enough raw data while in China probing the pandemic's origins, saying more was needed to detect possible early COVID cases.

"We want more data. We have asked for more data," Peter Ben Embarek, who headed WHO's expert mission to Wuhan, told AFP,

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... ses.851297
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:22 pm

New Zealand’s Prime Minister orders lockdown in country’s largest city

New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern ordered a lockdown in Auckland, the country’s largest city, following the emergence of three new Covid-19 cases.

The three-day measures require residents to remain at home, as Ms Arden stated that the country is addressing the situation early after the cases were identified.

https://www.tvm.com.mt/en/news/new-zeal ... gest-city/

Lol exactly like our idiot and lunatic PM
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:14 pm

As long as the vaccines effectively prevent moderate to severe disease, and they do, that's no problem.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:02 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:As long as the vaccines effectively prevent moderate to severe disease, and they do, that's no problem.
What exactly?

Still rather have one of the 90plus effective ones... They seem to be a better answer to the mutants as well...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:39 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:As long as the vaccines effectively prevent moderate to severe disease, and they do, that's no problem.
What exactly?

Still rather have one of the 90plus effective ones... They seem to be a better answer to the mutants as well...

I'm leaning towards the newer Johnson & Johnson one now.

It is around 85% effective at preventing moderate or worse infection, and 60 something at preventing infection in general (which would be ideal, but as long as symptoms are mild, it's not really a problem).

But there are two noteworthy points:
1) It is by far the most effective against the South African variant. The others, while more effective against original/UK covid, provide little protection against the South African one. You'd need to wait for a new vaccine to be developed. This one provides more overall/general protection. You basically have defences against all known variants and that also gives me confidence that it might be more effective against any later variants that might develop.
2) This one is only one jab... and Pfizer/AstraZeneca (dunno about Moderna) had similar numbers for preventing infection with one jab. Which basically means there will probably be some form of study with two doses and it seems realistic to expect its efficacy to go up to 90%+ like the others that way. Which would make it by far our best one yet.

Also, I suppose the longer process can't hurt and not rushing to approve can't hurt, though I'm personally not too bothered by that.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:24 pm

Well J&J will be a while and there wasn’t a really big order from Europe, was there?
Also, dunno, many people with mild symptoms still have taste problems and other effects...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:10 am

Unbelievable...

The Palestinian Authority on Monday accused Israel of refusing to allow some 2,000 coronavirus vaccine doses destined for Gaza health workers into the blockaded coastal strip. 

Israeli sources had told AFP in recent days that the transfer was not a simple administrative measure under the purview of COGAT, but rather a political decision possibly linked to talks between Hamas and Israel.

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... aza.851846
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:26 pm

Malta has one confirmed case of the South African variant.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge