You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:41 pm

#12 wrote:No I suspect him of messing with it if he ever were to deliver it abroad...

What would be Putin's motive to do that to foreign citizens though?

The Kremlin has an interest in controlling its own population and in messing with foreign governments and ideology but little reason to harm foreign civilians. Actually, I think it's more likely that they'd want it to be the best vaccine possible with the fewest side effects, so they can market themselves as a saviour/helper/ally and continue to gain even more of an ideological foothold among certain segments of Western populations.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:13 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:No I suspect him of messing with it if he ever were to deliver it abroad...

The Kremlin has an interest in controlling its own population and in messing with foreign governments and ideology but little reason to harm foreign civilians. Actually, I think it's more likely that they'd want it to be the best vaccine possible with the fewest side effects, so they can market themselves as a saviour/helper/ally and continue to gain even more of an ideological foothold among certain segments of Western populations.
Like when they saved part of Europe in
In order to enslave the other part...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:07 pm

So apparently I just found out that AZ is actually also an mRNA vaccine. It involves some extra steps in the beginning but ultimately the end result is also to use mRNA (the new style the other two use)...
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Well, don’t want to be dependent on him either... Living 8 more weeks with the pandemic seems worth avoiding him...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:33 am

South Africa halts AstraZeneca vaccine over new strain
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:47 am

:cry: this thing won't end....
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:12 pm

DRvad14 wrote:South Africa halts AstraZeneca vaccine over new strain

What is your perspective on AZ as an HCP?

This news doesn't particularly concern me as it's normal for a vaccine to be less effective against different strains, and we'll just need a specific one for that strain, but I'm a bit concerned about AZ in general and it's likely the one I'll get as an under 55. It seems both less effective and the one with more cases of serious side effects.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:31 pm

Do we get to know which one we will be taking?
I don't think so....

If that is the case I will refuse it... I don't care
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:40 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Do we get to know which one we will be taking?
I don't think so....

I think you do yes. The post I posted yesterday (about how I found out it is an mRNA vaccine too) was based on a post I saw by a top Maltese microbiologist who said he’s been hearing about people refusing Pfizer because they want to wait for AZ (because they don’t want an mRNA vaccine).

I would take it still I think as any vaccine is better than none, but I won’t be too happy. I wonder if we’d be able to take a second one later (even against payment) or if there are medical reasons why that’s not possible.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Do we get to know which one we will be taking?
I don't think so....

I think you do yes. The post I posted yesterday (about how I found out it is an mRNA vaccine too) was based on a post I saw by a top Maltese microbiologist who said he’s been hearing about people refusing Pfizer because they want to wait for AZ (because they don’t want an mRNA vaccine).

I would take it still I think as any vaccine is better than none, but I won’t be too happy. I wonder if we’d be able to take a second one later (even against payment) or if there are medical reasons why that’s not possible.
What?
I would basically take any other over AZ which is BY FAR my least favorite offer...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:11 am

That’s what I feel too though like I said, I would still take it. It is still better than no vaccine.

If the “what” was about people saying they want to wait for it, from what I can gather they are mainly people who fall for conspiracy theories and think mRNA changes their DNA or something. The microbiologist’s point was that AZ is still an mRNA vaccine, the only difference is that instead of giving you the mRNA directly, it gives you the chimp thing which makes the body create the mRNA itself. But it’s ultimately the same principle, it’s not like traditional vaccines. The modified virus it uses is not the Covid virus.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:56 pm

^Honestly i havent really read the published study for oxford vaccine indepth as such except for broad strokes of it . 4 randomized stduies done in uk , brazil ,south africa ( the one done in india part of covishield wasnt included ) study was approved for two standard dosees at 28 but a subset of trial in uk recived half the dose by ? mistake and they also had some enroleld f to recive the second dose after 28 days . this is also the fist study on vacciens role in limiting the spread ( pfizer and mordena didnt) they did regualr swabs of the study participants to check covid this is were results were really problem the low dose was effective in reducing aymptomatic infection about 90% but the standard dose was 60 ( important to note here is the low dose group had no one over 55 years rasing questions if the higher protection was beacuse of age biasis but recently even with age break down comaprions the efficacy was better in lowet dose group though the immunogenicity was similar between low dose and standard dose ) the most important findings to take away from the study was there no covid related admsisions for people receiving the vaccine and also there was no deaths related to vaccination the problems or questions which makes people worry abt oxford vaccine are how effective is for people odler than 65 since they were added later in part of the study and the total number of that subset enrolled were less than 15 percent (again the immune respnse found for people was simialr to people younger but if makes adifference clinically is the question or as above immunogenicity was simialr in low dose vs standard ose but standard dose but had higher aymptomatic covid) whats the best dose regime , is it effective for preventing the spread . lot more studies are needed , oxford is trying to tweak its vaccine by using one of the Russian vectors from sptunik vaccine (both used adeno virus ) . i was given pfizer at my hospital (we had moderna approved later and for some reason we only had enough stock for one week ) my parentsd in india had covidishield ( indian made oxford) they didnt havea choice either ( i was happy they got the oxford instead of indian mrna vaccine for which studies arent published but approved ) coming to the question if oxford was the only option available i would take its still effective and safe lets not forget we have no idea if the covid has any long term
significance ( i took more than 15 years to know people with hiv had higher incidence of certain malingancy or heptatitis vac virus as cause for liver cancer or simple as zoster as a sequel of chicken pox or hpv and cancer )but if i had a choice of all the approved vaccines i wouldn't . as you stated thats expected not to be effective to newer variants it applies to all other vaccines (sinopharm,sputnik , Pfizer ,moderna) only johnson and johnson vaccine looked into its efficacy against the variants as far i know . will be interesting to see how study with mixing vaccines and a comparasion study of all vaccines and also to know if we would need frequent boosters in future .

oxford /sputnik/jonshon/novovax are strictly more like older conventional made vaccine using a vector with viral mrna from spike protein .(he part similar to mrna vaccine ) it strickly isnt a mrna vaccine but a vector baset conjugate vaccine like flu vaccine .
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:05 pm

WHO: "Extremely unlikely" that coronavirus escaped from Wuhan lab
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Spoiler: show
its the news but also gaslighting a fellow Piscean
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:46 pm

Concerns over AstraZeneca consignment after temperature problem

'We want to be sure, 200%,' Fearne says of vaccines

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... lem.850451
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:47 pm

DRvad14 wrote:WHO: "Extremely unlikely" that coronavirus escaped from Wuhan lab
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Spoiler: show
its the news but also gaslighting a fellow Piscean
Sure
IMG_20210209_194726.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge