You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:29 pm

So we woke up today with the news that we've got 4 COVID cases spread out in the community here in Guernsey for the first time in a very long time.

That means that out of nowhere we're in an immediate lockdown for 2 weeks. :!:

Last year we had less information, more cases and the lockdown pretty much left us COVID free for 8 months. Hopefully it will work again this time.

The population here in the island is around 67.000
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:35 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:So we woke up today with the news that we've got 4 COVID cases spread out in the community here in Guernsey for the first time in a very long time.

That means that out of nowhere we're in an immediate lockdown for 2 weeks. :!:

Last year we had less information, more cases and the lockdown pretty much left us COVID free for 8 months. Hopefully it will work again this time.

The population here in the island is around 67.000
Do they know what the source is?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:39 am

No, and that's why everyone is confused and the lockdown has been imposed with immediate effect.

But with so many incoming travellers it was bound to happen at some point. Many people self isolate in their rooms, but that means they can still have minimal contact with other family members of the same household.

Or there will always be an idiot who would not comply with the rules. Some people have been fined already

But I have to say that the lockdown here is waaaaay better than the one we had in Spain. Here you are allowed to exercise outside for up to 2 hours which is good.

I remember I spent 6-7 weeks without leaving my apartment in Spain. That was horrible. I remember on my first day out I felt like crap and my legs were weak as sh*t
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:08 am

TBH if we are to get rid of this evil the World has to shut down till the end of March at least.
Meaning no more travelling.... all Airports closed (open only to allow food and stuff to be transported) all non essential places like cinemas gyms bars restaurants closed.
No gatherings in parks etc.
Only schools and work places where teleworking is not possible should remain open... and obviously supermarkets.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:31 am

ramsej84 wrote:TBH if we are to get rid of this evil the World has to shut down till the end of March at least.
Meaning no more travelling.... all Airports closed (open only to allow food and stuff to be transported) all non essential places like cinemas gyms bars restaurants closed.
Only schools and work places where teleworking is not possible should remain open... and obviously supermarkets.
1.) That is INCREDIBLY expensive and there are a TON of countries that simply cannot do that... Airports are completely impossible...

2.) Schools are a huge factor in spreading the virus

3.) People would lose trust in these measures...

4.) You didn’t factor in variants...

5.) The virus is not curbed in many countries with warmer weather: summer doesn’t necessarily mean ease of tension...

The way out is to ramp up vaccine production and administration...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:59 am

In the UK were ahead of most with giving vaccines but they’re still talking about lockdown for most of the year. Feels like there’s no way out at the moment
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:02 pm

Ah the new variants... do the vaccines work on them? I hope so because all the time and money would have been in vain...

I know that it is expensive but there are measures to counter it.

Bank Mortgages should be postponed for those workers hit and with no extra charges after the determined period of closure.
Govts may issue half of the monthly wages
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Lukas wrote:In the UK were ahead of most with giving vaccines but they’re still talking about lockdown for most of the year. Feels like there’s no way out at the moment
Vaccinated ppl can still spread the virus.
Few are aware of this
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:04 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:TBH if we are to get rid of this evil the World has to shut down till the end of March at least.
1.) That is INCREDIBLY expensive and there are a TON of countries that simply cannot do that... Airports are completely impossible...

5.) The virus is not curbed in many countries with warmer weather: summer doesn’t necessarily mean ease of tension...

1) agreed and it would lead to financial collapse, probably leading to riots and far more deaths.

2) According to studies in Norway, schools actually help reduce the spread. Sounds illogical but in reality without school parents are taking kids to shopping malls with them and we know kids are less conscious of proper hand hygiene and social distancing.

The rest: there's a reason people study for several years and become epidemiologists: it's for me, you and ramsej84 to not implement something just because we think we know, without basis of several years of scientific studies. We understand how to control an epidemy as much as we know how to create a COVID-19 vaccine ourselves.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:17 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:

1) agreed and it would lead to financial collapse, probably leading to riots and far more deaths.

2) According to studies in Norway, schools actually help reduce the spread. Sounds illogical but in reality without school parents are taking kids to shopping malls with them and we know kids are less conscious of proper hand hygiene and social distancing.

The rest: there's a reason people study for several years and become epidemiologists: it's for me, you and ramsej84 to not implement something just because we think we know, without basis of several years of scientific studies. We understand how to control an epidemy as much as we know how to create a COVID-19 vaccine ourselves.

Hey I never said I wanted to... Just that ramsej's proposal was incomplete...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:38 pm

COVID riots
More than 250 arrested after protests in major cities turn violent
World [source]

in other times these protesters would have been met with cavalry, baionettes & bullets...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:20 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
COVID riots
World [source]

in other times these protesters would have been met with cavalry, baionettes & bullets...
Yet they still claim they live in "dictatorships" - and I know you don’t want to hear, but A LOT of those are your buddies...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:38 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Ah the new variants... do the vaccines work on them? I hope so because all the time and money would have been in vain...

Bank Mortgages should be postponed for those workers hit and with no extra charges after the determined period of closure.
Moderna says there is no difference for the UK variant but it is less effective for the South African one (though still effective enough)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:46 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
COVID riots
World [source]

Yet they still claim they live in "dictatorships" - and I know you don’t want to hear, but A LOT of those are your buddies...
They do not give me that impression but in any case I don't adhere blindly to what Parties or people on the Right say...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:47 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Ah the new variants... do the vaccines work on them? I hope so because all the time and money would have been in vain...

Moderna says there is no difference for the UK variant but it is less effective for the South African one (though still effective enough)
Therefore it is OK vs the Chinese the UK and the SAf , and the Brazilian?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge