You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.
 

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:30 pm

ramsej84 wrote:To put you in the picture on how certain groups in the Maltese society think...

Elderly who think that the Vaccine is the making of their Party in Power....
The so called Labour party


These ppl are given the right to choose who to Govern...

That is why the Right to vote shouldn't be for everyone...

Democracy my foot...

Tests re how one is aware of what is happening around him/her and around the world , general knowledge, some form of intelligence etc should be the requirements for one to get the chance to vote for every election.
You sure they would let you then? Cause as always, you display a very schizophrenic character...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26410
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1328 times
Been thanked: 5940 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:37 pm

Jokes apart... I believe that I have some level of intelligence, general knowledge and know what is going on...

@#12 do you know such ppl in Ger? Don't tell me the afd voters :) ... in general...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 50510
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 33353 times
Been thanked: 7259 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby aterford » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:30 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:No she was a 41 year old nurse
Details? Sources?

Portuguese nurse dies two days after taking Pfizer-BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine
A health worker in Portugal died two days after getting the COVID-19 vaccine. This comes as a shock to the world community and has raised questions over the safety and efficiency of the Pfizer vaccine. [source]


I think this has been discussed before (not this exact circumstance, of course, but a similar principle) and ultimately it still seems the guiding question should be something along the lines of asking how many people who have received the vaccine have experienced a serious negative outcome and how does that compare to the number of people who will get infected with Covid-19 and experience a serious negative outcome.

Haven't taken much of a serious look at the most current data but I would imagine that at the moment given the choice between the two the vaccine is likely still producing far more favorable outcomes than Covid is, lol
God Bless Thomas Müller
User avatar
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6202
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 4675 times
Been thanked: 4228 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:03 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Jokes apart... I believe that I have some level of intelligence, general knowledge and know what is going on...

@#12 do you know such ppl in Ger? Don't tell me the afd voters :) ... in general...
That’s what I meant... Sometimes you do...

And believe you me, I KNOW what it means to be emotional... It just seems to me you downright STOP thinking at times... And you beliefs guide you - which is not a bad thing, unless the beliefs weigh stronger than reason...

What people do you mean? I don’t really know (open) AfD voters as that is not really my social milieu...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26410
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1328 times
Been thanked: 5940 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:04 pm

aterford wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:[quote="ramsej84"]No she was a 41 year old nurse
Details? Sources?

Portuguese nurse dies two days after taking Pfizer-BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine
A health worker in Portugal died two days after getting the COVID-19 vaccine. This comes as a shock to the world community and has raised questions over the safety and efficiency of the Pfizer vaccine. [source]


I think this has been discussed before (not this exact circumstance, of course, but a similar principle) and ultimately it still seems the guiding question should be something along the lines of asking how many people who have received the vaccine have experienced a serious negative outcome and how does that compare to the number of people who will get infected with Covid-19 and experience a serious negative outcome.

Haven't taken much of a serious look at the most current data but I would imagine that at the moment given the choice between the two the vaccine is likely still producing far more favorable outcomes than Covid is, lol[/quote]

VASTLY
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26410
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1328 times
Been thanked: 5940 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:05 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Jokes apart... I believe that I have some level of intelligence, general knowledge and know what is going on...

@#12 do you know such ppl in Ger? Don't tell me the afd voters :) ... in general...
You ARE intelligent, definitely compared to a significant part of our population, and that is worrying. Because it goes to show how effective right-wing propaganda can be.

One thing I find lacking especially in Malta (but not just) is a difficulty to think critically and really, seriously analyse things. Too often we are too easily convinced by something which agrees with our own views or confirms our fears while dismissing anything else as the other side’s “typical whitewashing”.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41607
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 14364 times
Been thanked: 11391 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:56 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Jokes apart... I believe that I have some level of intelligence, general knowledge and know what is going on...

@#12 do you know such ppl in Ger? Don't tell me the afd voters :) ... in general...
You ARE intelligent, definitely compared to a significant part of our population, and that is worrying. Because it goes to show how effective right-wing propaganda can be.

One thing I find lacking especially in Malta (but not just) is a difficulty to think critically and really, seriously analyse things. Too often we are too easily convinced by something which agrees with our own views or confirms our fears while dismissing anything else as the other side’s “typical whitewashing”.
But there is nothing wrong to be right wing (not extremist) right?
The gen impression is that if one is RW that person is a fascist or a neo nazi...
I am 90% RW no doubt about that... but then I have social & environmental conscience.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 50510
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 33353 times
Been thanked: 7259 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:53 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Jokes apart... I believe that I have some level of intelligence, general knowledge and know what is going on...

@#12 do you know such ppl in Ger? Don't tell me the afd voters :) ... in general...
You ARE intelligent, definitely compared to a significant part of our population, and that is worrying. Because it goes to show how effective right-wing propaganda can be.

One thing I find lacking especially in Malta (but not just) is a difficulty to think critically and really, seriously analyse things. Too often we are too easily convinced by something which agrees with our own views or confirms our fears while dismissing anything else as the other side’s “typical whitewashing”.
But there is nothing wrong to be right wing (not extremist) right?
The gen impression is that if one is RW that person is a fascist or a neo nazi...
I am 90% RW no doubt about that... but then I have social & environmental conscience.
Meh... "Wing" has negative implications for me... RW and LW, no... Center-Left or Center-Right (I prefer conservative, but some people have been and are besmirching this term as well...) OTOH is a basis for debate...

Thing is: there’s just some things that should be of general agreement...

- People are equal and CAN live together despite differences (like differing cultural backgrounds) in peace while accepting the rules of democracy(i.e. constitutions)

- global warming is real and concerns everyone, not just "the left"

- politics should be made for the people, politicians HAVE to serve the people - but they will and can never be for each and every individual

- being critical is the basis of democracy, but not every YT, Telegram or whatever bimbo is a reliable news source: news is news even if I don’t like it! Commentaries are another issue...



If you accept these REALITIES and do not make it basis of political directions and trench fights, but instead their respective interpretation or "expression" if you will, you're halfway there...

And I assure you, there’s still more than enough to argue - or debate - about...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26410
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1328 times
Been thanked: 5940 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:10 am

Meanwhile, to get back on topic: I’m looking at an extremely stressful 13-hour work day tomorrow, one of the worst ever. I’ve long been expecting it as a medical translator living in the age of a pandemic, but it’s going to be a real race: over a dozen stages, within the hour turnarounds for each. Still, kinda comforting to know that there’ll be a few dozen more around the world doing the same thing with their respective languages.

My Friday beer will go down better than ever after finishing. Bayern better claim the 3 points.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41607
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 14364 times
Been thanked: 11391 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:37 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Meanwhile, to get back on topic: I’m looking at an extremely stressful 13-hour work day tomorrow, one of the worst ever. I’ve long been expecting it as a medical translator living in the age of a pandemic, but it’s going to be a real race: over a dozen stages, within the hour turnarounds for each. Still, kinda comforting to know that there’ll be a few dozen more around the world doing the same thing with their respective languages.

My Friday beer will go down better than ever after finishing. Bayern better claim the 3 points.
Well, correct me if I‘m wrong, but as a freelancer, doesn’t this also mean you'll make way above what you male an average day!

Not a bad prospect...!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26410
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1328 times
Been thanked: 5940 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:03 am

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Meanwhile, to get back on topic: I’m looking at an extremely stressful 13-hour work day tomorrow, one of the worst ever. I’ve long been expecting it as a medical translator living in the age of a pandemic, but it’s going to be a real race: over a dozen stages, within the hour turnarounds for each. Still, kinda comforting to know that there’ll be a few dozen more around the world doing the same thing with their respective languages.

My Friday beer will go down better than ever after finishing. Bayern better claim the 3 points.
Well, correct me if I‘m wrong, but as a freelancer, doesn’t this also mean you'll make way above what you male an average day!

Not a bad prospect...!
Urgency fees, yes. On one hand I am grateful; at the end of last summer work was completely dead for a few weeks which had me really worried so good to have this sort of thing now. On the other hand, the bouncing back from that dry period was incredible. It was followed by my best 3 months ever, one right after the other, and it doesn’t look like it’s slowing down... so I would have liked a relatively relaxed day over the money especially because there’s a non-work related project I was hoping to get done this weekend.

Still, nice to be working on something which will make a difference to the world and give hope to so many people, so not complaining too much.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41607
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 14364 times
Been thanked: 11391 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:34 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 50510
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 33353 times
Been thanked: 7259 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:38 pm



And -as usual- people in Germany like to complain about OUR health system...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26410
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1328 times
Been thanked: 5940 times
Gender: Male

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:19 pm

#12 wrote:

And -as usual- people in Germany like to complain about OUR health system...

As far as I know, Germany is the only place where people were overdosed with COVID-19 vaccination.

But it's not the first time that Germans have tested on humans for the sake of science
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 48836
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8890 times
Been thanked: 14495 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:25 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:

And -as usual- people in Germany like to complain about OUR health system...

As far as I know, Germany is the only place where people were overdosed with COVID-19 vaccination.

But it's not the first time that Germans have tested on humans for the sake of science
I get the joke, but basically, everyone is, because science is actually for the sake of humanity...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26410
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1328 times
Been thanked: 5940 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest