You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:32 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:Re: vaccines

I think the EU fucked up as they ordered too few of the "good" vaccines, while the AstraZeneca is only effective in like 70%...

Any thoughts or takes from your sides?
I DO want to get vaccinated but I strongly prefer Moderna and especially BioNTech Pfizer... I will get some kind of "early access" though since I belong to a very exposed group of public importance...
I read that the 70% thing is a bit misleading because that vaccine was tried out in different ways. One of the trials had something like 62% efficacy but the other one (given in 2 different sized doses) had similar numbers to the other vaccines, if I remember well.

Anyone, the CEO of the Mayo Clinic, who happens to be Maltese, is advising taking a vaccine as soon as it is available without waiting for a specific one.

Yeah that’s my bigger concern: there’s more reports of side effects - albeit small ones - and they fucked up their trial study... Cause the one dose thing was a scientific mistake... Hard to trust this thing as much as the other two...
Probably won’t wait either but I still prefer another one as of now...

And on a lighter note, I prefer ketchup (at least with fries)
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:51 am

Chinese citizen journalist jailed for four years for Wuhan virus reporting

Zhang began a hunger strike in June and has been force-fed via a nasal tube

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... rus.841526

Her live reports and essays were widely shared on social media platforms in February, grabbing the attention of authorities, who have punished eight virus whistleblowers so far as they defang criticism of the government's response to the outbreak.

To God this Regime has to be brought down.... start sanctions , stop importing from there (even if we have to pay triple the amount if it means to destroy these dirty bastards I am all for it)
Expel all Chinese companies from Europe with all their dependents
Then move to the attention to their presence in Africa.
Over there the Regime is working underground with some one million ppl incl army personnel.
The World has to unite against this monstrous regime
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:07 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Chinese citizen journalist jailed for four years for Wuhan virus reporting

Her live reports and essays were widely shared on social media platforms in February, grabbing the attention of authorities, who have punished eight virus whistleblowers so far as they defang criticism of the government's response to the outbreak.

To God this Regime has to be brought down.... start sanctions , stop importing from there (even if we have to pay triple the amount if it means to destroy these dirty bastards I am all for it)
Over there the Regime is working underground with some one million ppl incl army personnel.
Other than "being left", I still don’t know how they’re worse than Venezuela, Turkey, Syria, Russia, North Korea and even Hungary and Poland...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:30 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Chinese citizen journalist jailed for four years for Wuhan virus reporting

Other than "being left", I still don’t know how they’re worse than Venezuela, Turkey, Syria, Russia, North Korea and even Hungary and Poland...
All of those countries are globally inconsequential except Russia. China is the biggest present threat to freedom worldwide because they embody and promote a rejection of western liberal values.

I'm particularly concerned about their implementation of the social points system (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Credit_System). A form of this social control system was actually exported to Venezuela.

For the past two decades China has also been providing political, economic and diplomatic support to every dictatorship out there.

They provide financing under opaque, secretive terms when the western financial system would be worried about sustainability. Some argue that they do so to trap poor undemocratic countries in "debt traps". This is particularly the case in their dealing with Africa (Angola being the worst case) and Latin America (Venezuela and Ecuador).

There are lots of reasons to be afraid of a rise of china.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:27 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:

All of those countries are globally inconsequential except Russia. China is the biggest present threat to freedom worldwide because they embody and promote a rejection of western liberal values.

I'm particularly concerned about their implementation of the social points system (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Credit_System). A form of this social control system was actually exported to Venezuela.

For the past two decades China has also been providing political, economic and diplomatic support to every dictatorship out there.

They provide financing under opaque, secretive terms when the western financial system would be worried about sustainability. Some argue that they do so to trap poor undemocratic countries in "debt traps". This is particularly the case in their dealing with Africa (Angola being the worst case) and Latin America (Venezuela and Ecuador).

Thank you
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:40 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:[quote="ramsej84"]Chinese citizen journalist jailed for four years for Wuhan virus reporting

Thank you[/quote]Doesn't mean your ideas to solve the problems are right though. China is a reality we will have to learn to live with. Decoupling is imposible at this point.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:18 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:[quote="#12"][quote="ramsej84"]Chinese citizen journalist jailed for four years for Wuhan virus reporting

Thank you[/quote]Doesn't mean your ideas to solve the problems are right though. China is a reality we will have to learn to live with. Decoupling is imposible at this point.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk[/quote]I get all that - and that ramsej could've never explained it - nonetheless, we're just pointing fingers here... It’s nothing else than what the US has done in the last century... In the long run, they'll hardly be able to export too much that isn’t some tech or cheap shot
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:30 pm

From English football thread

Everton v City called off

City asked the PL to postpone the game due positive cases in the team
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:31 am

Arsenal.
Gabriel positive

P.S not for doping
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:03 pm

And Covid UK20- is in Malta...
Three cases... two brits who came here (not sure if they reside here or are mad and idiots who travelled for leisure) & an elderly Maltese woman who authorities cannot comprehend from where she got it.

A third powerful wave is on its way... some independent schools have already announced a two week remote learning after the Christmas recess...
For the new year all farmhouses and you name it are fully booked.... for parties...
Jan and Feb are going to be disastrous
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:26 pm

What I don’t understand is why the vaccine rollout is so slow. They are doing around 150 vaccinations a day and doctors are pushing for 300. By my calculations, if we manage the 300 a day and we assume around 200k people over the age of 18 and who can take the vaccine because they have no issues, it would take about 4 years to give everyone 2 doses. Surely we can administer much more than 300?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:41 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:What I don’t understand is why the vaccine rollout is so slow. They are doing around 150 vaccinations a day and doctors are pushing for 300. By my calculations, if we manage the 300 a day and we assume around 200k people over the age of 18 and who can take the vaccine because they have no issues, it would take about 4 years to give everyone 2 doses. Surely we can administer much more than 300?
I think it’s still a matter of logistics...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:45 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:What I don’t understand is why the vaccine rollout is so slow. They are doing around 150 vaccinations a day and doctors are pushing for 300. By my calculations, if we manage the 300 a day and we assume around 200k people over the age of 18 and who can take the vaccine because they have no issues, it would take about 4 years to give everyone 2 doses. Surely we can administer much more than 300?
I think it’s still a matter of logistics...
Meaning?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:59 pm

And that's assuming that the vaccine's effect lasts that long. At that rate, frontliners may or may need to get another course of vaccination before others haven't received theirs yet.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:48 pm

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge