You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:50 pm

The WHO also advised countries to test, test and test, which they didn't, so tough shit.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:06 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:The WHO also advised countries to test, test and test, which they didn't, so tough shit.

I don't know why you always act as if you were the Lawyer of the this mafia org...

Just a reminder they hid the virus along with their friends... and when it came public knowledge they said what I posted....
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:14 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:The WHO also advised countries to test, test and test, which they didn't, so tough shit.
I'm not sure what is that supposed to mean. I don't even think the capacity to "test, test, test" was there at the time. It certainly isn't even today in many parts of the world.

Btw, WHO also advised AGAINST wearing masks at the begining of the pandemic. Their role has been well and truly nefarious.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:23 pm

If I remember correctly what they said was that there’s no evidence masks help, which was probably true at the time. They also said it in the context of “don’t feel safe just because you wear a mask, you must also observe social distancing”, which is more relevant than ever today.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:33 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:If I remember correctly what they said was that there’s no evidence masks help, which was probably true at the time. They also said it in the context of “don’t feel safe just because you wear a mask, you must also observe social distancing”, which is more relevant than ever today.
They were actually nudging people against masks, apparently to prevent scarcity in the supply to medical workers. In the context of the pandemic their PR and infographics were irresponsible.

Even under the premise that "there was no evidence", advising against masks was extremely poor risk management. Even if the effects of mask were marginal, common sense dictates that it is non-zero, and it's better to use it and not need it than need it and not use.

In that context, they were actively nudging people against using masks.

PunkCapitalist

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:13 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
I'm not sure what is that supposed to mean. I don't even think the capacity to "test, test, test" was there at the time. It certainly isn't even today in many parts of the world.

So why didn’t most countries increase their capacities to test early on? Step number 1 should have been to ramp up testing, not playing blame games or lockdowns. It’s dead easy.

You want someone to blame, blame your shit government for not handling it. The countries who are having an easier time with the pandemic had test and trace systems in March. They don’t make it difficult for you to get tested.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:40 pm

No in normal countries , the country in which the virus broke would inform the world immediately (in this case Sept \ Oct)

Then isolate the area affected.

And the rest of the World would impose a ban travelling to and from this infected country
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:48 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

So why didn’t most countries increase their capacities to test early on? Step number 1 should have been to ramp up testing, not playing blame games or lockdowns. It’s dead easy.

You want someone to blame, blame your shit government for not handling it. The countries who are having an easier time with the pandemic had test and trace systems in March. They don’t make it difficult for you to get tested.
My shit government implemented a very radical lockdown from the beginning. That alongside very low international flight traffic due to the grave economic crisis + US sanctions has resulted in a very mild pandemic. I'm not looking for anyone to blame, but it is beyond dispute that the WHO didn't help.

PunkCapitalist

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:24 pm

England...

The British capital is to be hit with tougher coronavirus control measures, the government said on Monday, blaming spiralling infection rates on the rapid spread of a new Covid-19 variant.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said London, and parts of three surrounding counties, would move into the highest of three levels of restrictions in force across England from Wednesday.

Pubs, bars, restaurants and other hospitality venues will have to close, except for takeaway food, as will theatres and other venues in the entertainment sector.

Curbs have been placed on more than one household mixing indoors, although people can still meet in groups of up to six in public places outside. Shops and schools can remain open.

And then they opened the stadiums for the Sheep
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:16 am

ramsej84 wrote:Pubs, bars, restaurants and other hospitality venues will have to close, except for takeaway food, as will theatres and other venues in the entertainment sector.

Only mildly related but I’m doubtful whether London’s theatre scene - rivalled only by Broadway - will ever recover. Most theatres have lost so much money and many will never reopen. A lot of artists have ended up getting different jobs. And then you have Brexit. The West End depends heavily on foreign performers but with the new rules artists will only be able to stay for a year, and who’s going to work hard to establish themselves in a country they will have to leave in a few months anyway?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:48 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Pubs, bars, restaurants and other hospitality venues will have to close, except for takeaway food, as will theatres and other venues in the entertainment sector.

Only mildly related but I’m doubtful whether London’s theatre scene - rivalled only by Broadway - will ever recover. Most theatres have lost so much money and many will never reopen. A lot of artists have ended up getting different jobs. And then you have Brexit. The West End depends heavily on foreign performers but with the new rules artists will only be able to stay for a year, and who’s going to work hard to establish themselves in a country they will have to leave in a few months anyway?
Rivalled?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:01 am

Well, I’ve only been to one of the two, so it would be unfair to compare, but I get the impression they’re not that different even though some will insist one or the other is better.

I think London has the higher concentration of non-musical shows though, which is often thw less popular side and where the bigger talent is. :P
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:12 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Well, I’ve only been to one of the two, so it would be unfair to compare, but I get the impression they’re not that different even though some will insist one or the other is better.

I think London has the higher concentration of non-musical shows though, which is often thw less popular side and where the bigger talent is. :P
Any kind of stage entertainment is just over the top in NYC but you might still be right... I prefer musicals anyway...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:09 am

I enjoy both. Locally not many musicals are put up though they’ve become more common recently. When in London I try to go for both usually.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:43 pm

Europe : Vaccinations to commence by Dec 27th

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... -27.839519
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge