You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:16 pm

While many scientists are racing to find vaccines to tame the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, other researchers are probing the past, trying to unravel one of the greatest mysteries of the virus: exactly where it came from.

The World Health Organisation has assembled an international team of 10 scientists to trace the origins of the virus

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... gin.835871
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:21 pm

ramsej84 wrote:While many scientists are racing to find vaccines to tame the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, other researchers are probing the past, trying to unravel one of the greatest mysteries of the virus: exactly where it came from.

The World Health Organisation has assembled an international team of 10 scientists to trace the origins of the virus

My money's on China...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:29 pm

ramsej84 wrote:While many scientists are racing to find vaccines to tame the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, other researchers are probing the past, trying to unravel one of the greatest mysteries of the virus: exactly where it came from.

I thought Donald Trump already researched that.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:31 pm

Maybe just me but I really don’t give a crap where it came from. I just want it gone, or at least less of a threat
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:54 am

Lukas wrote:Maybe just me but I really don’t give a crap where it came from. I just want it gone, or at least less of a threat

Where it came from could help explain a bit how we got it, which will help humanity fix things to try and prevent a repetition with another virus.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:36 am

yest I read that pre historic viruses are awaking...
The article said that global warming is the culprit... they lay dormant under the ice and since the latter is melting these viruses and bacteria are awaking!
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:37 am

UK approves Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for rollout from 'next week'
'A historic moment in the fight against COVID-19' [source]

=D>

on a different note, I read that there was a vaccine against the swine flu... I really to not rememember it as an issue over here... Prob cause the numbers were very low.. some 50...
P.S Swine flu became the seasonal flu if I am not mistaken,,,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:02 am

ramsej84 wrote:

=D>

on a different note, I read that there was a vaccine against the swine flu... I really to not rememember it as an issue over here... Prob cause the numbers were very low.. some 50...

i heard that they'll will start immunizing people as early as next week in the UK =D> not only great progress to get us back to normal, but also the UK can serve as a "guinea pig", showing people across the world that the vaccine is safe (hopefully that ultimately translates into more people willing to be vaccinated).
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:39 pm

nm462272 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

=D>

i heard that they'll will start immunizing people as early as next week in the UK =D> not only great progress to get us back to normal, but also the UK can serve as a "guinea pig", showing people across the world that the vaccine is safe (hopefully that ultimately translates into more people willing to be vaccinated).

Bloody hell man, at least use the word “pioneer” or something :lol:
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:43 pm

What's the youngest age each vaccine will be given to? Wondering when a vaccine will be available for my daughter who turns 3 next month.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:55 pm

MUTU wrote:What's the youngest age each vaccine will be given to? Wondering when a vaccine will be available for my daughter who turns 3 next month.

50 years old in the UK. You’d be lucky to get your daughter vaccinated before summer, I reckon.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:59 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:What's the youngest age each vaccine will be given to? Wondering when a vaccine will be available for my daughter who turns 3 next month.

50 years old in the UK. You’d be lucky to get your daughter vaccinated before summer, I reckon.

What I mean is that Pfizer was tested on people 12 years or older, so I doubt they would administer it to 3 year olds without any form of testing in that age group. I have a feeling it will take years until we get a vaccine for kids. Until then, kids are dangerous because they have a high probability of being asymptomatic if they get it, and could then pass it on to vaccinated vulnerable people because the vaccine is not 100% effective, so the risk will always be there, and taking my daughter to visit her grandparents will carry a risk factor for the foreseeable future.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:03 pm

Yeah, I think it’s likely that it won’t be administered to children.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:08 pm

Oh right. Vaccine or no vaccine I’m inclined to think that herd immunity would be the best strategy for children anyway - in general, not just for Covid.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:16 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Oh right. Vaccine or no vaccine I’m inclined to think that herd immunity would be the best strategy for children anyway - in general, not just for Covid.

Yeah but children go to kindergarten and school and it's possible that a spread is not detected there because the whole 'bubble' would be asymptomatic. They're going to be more exposed to unvaccinated, likely-to-be-asymptomatic peers than your average adult.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge