You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:59 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Who? Those who have interests in creating vaccines for example...

I bet the vaccine (ready in record time) was already available before covid was unleashed...

I am ready for your blows !

I bet you've been drinking again
Nettle tea now
White wine in the afternoon
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: American members

Postby nm462272 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:45 pm

America USA wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
America USA wrote:Given that a portion of the country (mostly far left blue haired liberals though) wants to do a more China style lockdown (welding people into their houses, prison for non compliance,etc.) while taking away personal liberties and giving the government unlimited power to infringe on the peoples’ freedoms. I think now the time has come for me to exercise my Second Amendment Right to Arms
Sorry I don't agree with you and am surprised that I am on the same page with the blue haired bitches whom I detest.

There is no need for a complete lockdown.
Close gyms cinemas parks bars restaurants and that's it.

Work
School can go ahead

Sorry but this isn't China and this sure as hell isn't a nation like New Zealand with its small population and sea borders. If people are put in prisons or have their doors welded locked it ain't gonna fly in the USA. There is no way in hell Americans are going to accept that sort of Government overreaching.

The thing is I'm ok with Cinemas, restaurants, banquets and bars/clubs closed. I also support mask policies and sanitizers everywhere.

However there's no way I'm going to support a total lockdown because that does more harm than good. Suicide rates and Drug abuse are increasing. Alcoholism and Domestic Violence have skyrocketed. People are losing their livelihoods, businesses and entire industries are being wiped out. The solution cannot be more harmful than the problem.

Also it's easy for Emoji loving keyboard tyrants to say "just work from home bro" but real life is not a fücking video game. Some people have to go out and do their jobs. I've worked in Warehouses/Factory during bad times and the people there are what keep this country running. Met some wonderful people during my time as a blue collar worker. They had values and smartness that most educated "elite" won't get in a lifetime. Those blue haired dykes have no right to take away the livelihoods of those hardworking men and women while comfortably sitting on a couch and using plastic that was manufactured by the same hardworking warehouse/factory workers who they want to put out of business.

Also re: Gyms and Parks. It's funny how McDonald's and Burger King takeout remain open but they close places like Parks and gyms. Obesity, Blood Pressure, Heart Disease and Diabetes are proven underlying conditions. It's as if the lockdown maniacs live in an alternate reality where eating fast food and not working out would make your immunity better.

If anyone ever wonders why the US can't get corona under control, this is a great comment to read :lol:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:10 pm

People don't understand that because they want their freedom and liberty and sense of normality they can start a chain reaction that could end up in people dying. How are people OK with possibly committing manslaughter just because they don't care is beyond my understanding. It's extreme selfishness, that's what it is.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:16 pm

MUTU wrote:People don't understand that because they want their freedom and liberty and sense of normality they can start a chain reaction that could end up in people dying. How are people OK with possibly committing manslaughter just because they don't care is beyond my understanding. It's extreme selfishness, that's what it is.

Bingo you hit the nail on the head - it's pure selfishness, which unfortunately is becoming more and more of a defining american trait...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:30 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Who? Those who have interests in creating vaccines for example...

I bet the vaccine (ready in record time) was already available before covid was unleashed...

I am ready for your blows !
You DO realize that a few hundred thousands of ICU patients - in a potentially endless line - turn much, MUCH, M U C H more profit than a few vaccine doses intended to be sold below market value? Right?

Right?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:31 pm

nm462272 wrote:
MUTU wrote:People don't understand that because they want their freedom and liberty and sense of normality they can start a chain reaction that could end up in people dying. How are people OK with possibly committing manslaughter just because they don't care is beyond my understanding. It's extreme selfishness, that's what it is.

Bingo you hit the nail on the head - it's pure selfishness, which unfortunately is becoming more and more of a defining american trait...
The thing is, total lockdowns aren’t even necessary, it’s fucking leisure fun and desire for entertainment that put us into this shit...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:45 am

Dutch police arrest COVID-19 positive man after attempting travel to Malta

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... -to.832063

Boris Johnson in self-isolation after contact tests positive for COVID-19

US reels from coronavirus surge, winter will be hard for all

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... vid.832147
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:11 am

OOPS
A sudden coronavirus cluster emerged in the Australian city of Adelaide on Monday after seven months without a significant outbreak there.

The South Australia state reported four cases had been detected in the city on Sunday, before the cluster grew sharply overnight to 17 people – the largest there since April. [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:24 pm

Sheer up. Moderna announced good results today.

https://twitter.com/johnfraher/status/1 ... 94437?s=19

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby nm462272 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:46 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Sheer up. Moderna announced good results today.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

now that's two vaccine candidates with success rates over 90% - not sure we could have hoped for better results =D> =D>

apparently this too: "Moderna announced Monday that its vaccine can be stable at refrigerator temperatures for a month and frozen for up to six months. It will not require dilution at the point of care, unlike the Pfizer vaccine."

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:41 pm

nm462272 wrote:If anyone ever wonders why the US can't get corona under control, this is a great comment to read :lol:

What a shame that you feel like the need to laugh at the plight of millions of blue collar workers who have no choice but to work through this and can't just sit at home and collect Government welfare checks.

The Lockdowns that most Liberals want would see almost everything shutdown and people being driven into unemployment and lack of livelihood and which in turn will result in suicides, mental health problems and domestic violence cases. The World Bank has also said that Global Poverty level will increase due to lockdowns and I think one WHO official even said that Lockdowns cannot be the primary way of combating the situation and long term lockdowns will cause more harm than good.

Coronavirus may or may not kill you and me (also supported by the fact that 97% of infections don't result in death and if you're under 60 and have no health condition then a person would not even feel anything and recover by himself/herself) but HUNGER is the biggest killer on Planet Earth and Suicide is also another cause of death that's being brushed under the carpet right now.

I don't know where you got it from my comments that I was saying don't get the situation under control because I clearly stated that I respect Mask policies and advocate for Sanitizers everywhere and in a previous comment also called for better ventilation systems.

Learn to respect diverse opinions (without name calling) and not make fun of them Sir. Have a good day!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:57 pm

I'm no Anti Vax idiot (recently took a Rabies and Hepatitis A/B vaccine for personal reasons) but there's no way in hell I'm taking this expedited Vaccine. It's obvious that the Makers have skipped a few steps to be undertaken while preparing a good vaccine (such as Animal testing) and I don't want to take a hastily prepared cocktail for a Virus that is most likely (like 99.5%) not gonna be fatal to me anyway.

Every person is responsible for their body's wellbeing and I don't think I need this vaccine for my wellness when it could actually have the reverse effect.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:00 pm

America USA wrote:
nm462272 wrote:If anyone ever wonders why the US can't get corona under control, this is a great comment to read :lol:

What a shame that you feel like the need to laugh at the plight of millions of blue collar workers who have no choice but to work through this and can't just sit at home and collect Government welfare checks.

The Lockdowns that most Liberals want would see almost everything shutdown and people being driven into unemployment and lack of livelihood and which in turn will result in suicides, mental health problems and domestic violence cases. The World Bank has also said that Global Poverty level will increase due to lockdowns and I think one WHO official even said that Lockdowns cannot be the primary way of combating the situation and long term lockdowns will cause more harm than good.

Coronavirus may or may not kill you and me (also supported by the fact that 97% of infections don't result in death and if you're under 60 and have no health condition then a person would not even feel anything and recover by himself/herself) but HUNGER is the biggest killer on Planet Earth and Suicide is also another cause of death that's being brushed under the carpet right now.

I don't know where you got it from my comments that I was saying don't get the situation under control because I clearly stated that I respect Mask policies and advocate for Sanitizers everywhere and in a previous comment also called for better ventilation systems.

Learn to respect diverse opinions and not make fun of them Sir. Have a good day!

The point is that there is a broad group of Americans whose first reaction to any kind of self-sacrificing is to say "no", and then list a whole bevy of reasons why a lockdown/facemark/social distancing/etc. won't work. In your particular case, the plight of blue collar workers is the reason why we should just carry on as-is (granted, you acknowledged face masks, etc.).

In a functioning society, the primary concern should be limiting the spread of the virus (and therefore limiting the amount of death and serious illness) while supporting those in need with government assistance. Those who are unable to safely work should not feel obligated to put themselves in harms way (excluding medical professionals, etc.) without certain safety measures, government support, etc., and those who lose their job because of the virus shouldn't wonder where they're going to get their next meal.

The US is the richest country in the world, and the government acts like they can't afford or are unwilling to help anyone out during the crisis. I would assume that this is what drives people to suicide, mental illness, hunger, etc.

Re: blue-collar workers, I work with them every day. We've implemented special measures to protect their health while keeping them employed. But I also know there are systems in place here that would support them if they were no longer able to work here.

In any case, that's the whole point. Many Americans are unwilling adapt their lifestyle and culture to the reality of a pandemic, and when anyone suggests that it doesn't have to be that way, it's just more denial or excuses.

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:11 pm

America USA wrote:

I'm no Anti Vax idiot (recently took a Rabies and Hepatitis A/B vaccine for personal reasons) but there's no way in hell I'm taking this expedited Vaccine. It's obvious that the Makers have skipped a few steps to be undertaken while preparing a good vaccine (such as Animal testing) and I don't want to take a hastily prepared cocktail for a Virus that is most likely (like 99.5%) not gonna be fatal to me anyway.

Every person is responsible for their body's wellbeing and I don't think I need this vaccine for my wellness when it could actually have the reverse effect.
I am skeptical as well
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:08 pm

America USA wrote:I don't want to take a hastily prepared cocktail for a Virus that is most likely (like 99.5%) not gonna be fatal to me anyway.

And there we have it, the misinformation and pure selfishness, without even a consideration for potentially causing others to die. Do you even stop to think about how non-action from your part and others who think the same way would affect society at large?

The hastily-prepared one is the Sputnik V. I wouldn't recommend taking that. There's nothing wrong with the Pfizer one. Let's wait and see FDA's approval.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge