You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby RedQueen » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:50 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It looks like the Pfizer vaccine will be facing massive distribution trouble to be shared worldwide due to the very cold storage temperatures needed. I think we'll still get Oxford first.

I won't claim to be an expert or anything but from my understanding, to be honest I would feel more comfortable with the Oxford vaccine assuming trials show that both are equally effective. The Oxford vaccine is more similar to how effective vaccines are usually developed. It injects a cell of the virus which has been modified so that it cannot replicate (and therefore cannot cause infection). This produces antibodies and white blood cells which fight the virus so that when you are actually infected, the body is ready to destroy it immediately (whereas for a non-vaccinated person, the body takes a lot of time to develop that reaction). The body naturally "remembers" how to fight diseases so it should remain helpful long-term.

The Oxford vaccine doesn't inject ineffective Sars CoV2 viruses (btw viruses don't have cells) but the spike protein of the Sars CoV2 virus, which has been inserted into a chimpanzee adeno virus. It's a so-called vector vaccine (the vector being the chimpanzee virus).

Vaccines with ineffective Sars CoV2 viruses are not used in Western countries as that type of vaccine is known to produce more severe side effects and can even make the disease worse. The chinese Sinovac vaccine, CoronaVac, whose phase III has been stopped in Brazil is such a virus.

The Pfizer vaccine is a newer, non-standard type which is not yet that common. In fact, I think it will be the first of its kind to be approved. Instead of injecting the virus, they use a "code" to instruct the body to produce the cells of the virus itself (but again, in a weakened way), and then the body fights them, much like the other vaccine.

Given that one kind is more established and more "natural", as it simply simulates a real infection rather than interferes with the body's production of cells, at this stage I'd feel more comfortable with the first. Of course it's definitely possible that with time the newer style will turn out to be better and all vaccines start being developed like that though. They're much easier to produce since you don't need copies of the virus itself.

The mRNA vaccines inject the part of the virus RNA that is responsible for the expression of the spike protein, rather than the spike protein itself.

I'm not so sure. Given that AstraZeneca has already had to stopp their phase III twice because of cases of myelitis, while no problems have been reported with any of the mRNA vaccines, I'd rather go with the latter.

E: Curevac reports its mRNA vaccine can be stored at typical refrigerator temperatures. Mr Sahin of BioNTech also reports his team is researching whether the vaccine can be stored at refrigerator temperatures. This temperature issue doesn't seem to be inevitable with mRNA vaccines.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:06 pm

Thanks for the clarifications, RedQueen. I didn’t mean to say that it’s non-infective, perhaps that didn’t quite come through. I should have known better about viruses not having cells - a bit of knowledge that was stored somewhere in the back of my mind from years ago. :)

You’re quite right about the concerns with the trials stopping. I was comparing on a hypothetical basis where trials show that both are at the same level of safety.

In any case, let’s see whether the logistical problems with mass distribution the Pfizer one worldwide can be solved. Then it’s a matter of going through the hoops for approval in the EU. I don’t think the process has started yet or it’s very early stages - the Maltese versions of regulatory documents of Pfizer products always come to me at some stage. Unless they’ve been granted some exception to work only in English for now, of course. I can definitely see that happening.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:08 pm

A number of former coronavirus patients have become so-called COVID-19 ‘long-haulers’ and are still suffering from symptoms despite recovering months ago, Superintendent of Public Health Charmaine Gauci told Times of Malta.

The most common symptoms are a lingering cough, shortness of breath and fatigue. According to Gauci, some people have reported being so fatigued that normal day-to-day chores have become a struggle.

Some patients have also reported suffering from muscle and joint pains. Others have yet to regain their sense of taste and smell.

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... ays.831226

Very worrying
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:08 am

ramsej84 wrote:A number of former coronavirus patients have become so-called COVID-19 ‘long-haulers’ and are still suffering from symptoms despite recovering months ago, Superintendent of Public Health Charmaine Gauci told Times of Malta.

The most common symptoms are a lingering cough, shortness of breath and fatigue. According to Gauci, some people have reported being so fatigued that normal day-to-day chores have become a struggle.

Some patients have also reported suffering from muscle and joint pains. Others have yet to regain their sense of taste and smell.

Very worrying

Personally speaking, I can say that my father-in-law had it back in June, and it wasn't too terribly severe (didn't have to be hospitalized or anything, said it was just like a really bad flu) but that to this day he has still not really totally recovered his fitness. He used to do a lot of combat sports type stuff, and now basically says he doesn't have the lungs to do full trainings/sessions at this point.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:22 am

This Wednesday we had a 37-year-old man whose main diagnosis was COVID-19 and he passed away. I think that's the first real case here in my city and Croatia that someone died of COVID-19 and not of something else in combination with it.

About the consequences...well, it's obvious that some people will have forever damage because of that virus and some will survive and live like nothing happened except a season flu.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:12 am

aterford wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:A number of former coronavirus patients have become so-called COVID-19 ‘long-haulers’ and are still suffering from symptoms despite recovering months ago, Superintendent of Public Health Charmaine Gauci told Times of Malta.

Very worrying

Personally speaking, I can say that my father-in-law had it back in June, and it wasn't too terribly severe (didn't have to be hospitalized or anything, said it was just like a really bad flu) but that to this day he has still not really totally recovered his fitness. He used to do a lot of combat sports type stuff, and now basically says he doesn't have the lungs to do full trainings/sessions at this point.
My God...

In the article there is something like the virus keeps lingering in the body even though it won't be able to transmit....

Back in April I saw an interview with the former medical head of the Italian football nt.
He said that they suspect that the virus may create serious permanent consequences to the brain, heart, kidneys and especially the lungs.
He added that sports ppl are at a higher risk since they inhale deeper therefore the virus sinks even further down their lungs....

An amazing piece of engineering ? Who knows.... ?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:22 am

Look at this...
COVID-19: Nationwide rapid testing not ruled out

Slovakia has tested its entire 5.6 million population

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... out.831223
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:30 am

There has never ever been a successful vaccine against any strain of Coronavirus so far in human history

Unpopular opinion: Humans have overpopulated this planet and whenever any species goes against the Natural equilibrium of the ecosystem, Nature comes up with ways to control the numbers.

Whether we like it or not but Darwin's Law of Natural Selection will win again because just like all pandemics in the history of mankind the weak shall unfortunately perish but the remaining population will emerge stronger and survive and the Virus will become less and less dangerous and more endemic as time goes by.

That's the Sad truth that so many people don't want to accept.

Lessons Learned from this Zoonotic novel Virus:
1. Humans should stop eating certain types of mammals. Consumption of Bats/Monkeys have given mankind some of the most dangerous viruses ever known. Also stop bringing up "mUh cUltUrE" as a justification because to hell with your cultural traditions if it means bringing upon a scourge to Humans and cause millions of deaths. Start farming Beef/Chicken/Fish so that people will still have access to meat.

Do not mess with Nature without knowing the consequences!

2. Criminal Liability for the WHO's gross negligence that led to an epidemic becoming a Pandemic. Serious investigation must be conducted into the operation of that organization or else it loses all credibility. Tedros must resign and face the courts and ideally his bank accounts should be checked for "donations"

3. Ban and Condemn all sort of quackery that endorses "Traditional Medicine". Not only have these remedies proven to be a mere placebo at best and totally ineffective scientifically but several species of wildlife are under danger of extinction due to such "Traditional" remedies. Back in 2019 the WHO again committed a massive blunder by acknowledging traditional healing methods because doing so is basically legitimizing the use of Rhino Horns, Elephant tusks, Tiger Organs and Pangolin scales.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:03 pm

America USA wrote:There has never ever been a successful vaccine against any strain of Coronavirus so far in human history

Unpopular opinion: Humans have overpopulated this planet and whenever any species goes against the Natural equilibrium of the ecosystem, Nature comes up with ways to control the numbers.

Whether we like it or not but Darwin's Law of Natural Selection will win again because just like all pandemics in the history of mankind the weak shall unfortunately perish but the remaining population will emerge stronger and survive and the Virus will become less and less dangerous and more endemic as time goes by.

That's the Sad truth that so many people don't want to accept.

Lessons Learned from this Zoonotic novel Virus:
1. Humans should stop eating certain types of mammals. Consumption of Bats/Monkeys have given mankind some of the most dangerous viruses ever known. Also stop bringing up "mUh cUltUrE" as a justification because to hell with your cultural traditions if it means bringing upon a scourge to Humans and cause millions of deaths. Start farming Beef/Chicken/Fish so that people will still have access to meat.

Do not mess with Nature without knowing the consequences!

2. Criminal Liability for the WHO's gross negligence that led to an epidemic becoming a Pandemic. Serious investigation must be conducted into the operation of that organization or else it loses all credibility. Tedros must resign and face the courts and ideally his bank accounts should be checked for "donations"

3. Ban and Condemn all sort of quackery that endorses "Traditional Medicine". Not only have these remedies proven to be a mere placebo at best and totally ineffective scientifically but several species of wildlife are under danger of extinction due to such "Traditional" remedies. Back in 2019 the WHO again committed a massive blunder by acknowledging traditional healing methods because doing so is basically legitimizing the use of Rhino Horns, Elephant tusks, Tiger Organs and Pangolin scales.
Over pop.
I don't agree

The prob is the excessive waste in the developed countries...
For instance your country is responsible for the waste of a massive amounts of milk...
Enough to fill up more than one Olympic pool every day...

More than 3 million gallons per day
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:12 pm

Sorry Ramej I respect your Christian beliefs but Human Overpopulation IS a problem and there’s no scientific evidence against this fact. It’s the elephant in the room when it comes to environmental issues that no one wants to address.

Wherever Humans go natural destruction follows and the more humans the greater the impact. History is proof of this sad pattern.

Also re: Waste. I agree a lot of food is wasted in First world developed countries but what is also undeniable is the amount of Plastic/Garbage waste dumped by Third world counties in the oceans is a direct contribution to Ocean floor pollution and destruction of Marine ecosystems.

Inb4 but the developing countries should not be held to the same standards as developed ones. Well unfortunately by the time most developing countries get their act together at this rate the human population is projected to break the 10 billion mark in the next 15-20 years and many species of animals would already be extinct and many ecosystems irreversibly damaged.

Have you seen how a Tiger kills its prey? Or the destruction that happens when a Tsunami occurs? Yeah Nature isn’t pretty in fact it’s bloody brutal. We humans have been living in our bubbles for too long and throw a tantrum whenever Nature strikes when in fact it’s just Natural Law: Survival of the fittest. You can hate me as much as you want for saying this but I’m simply the messenger. The reality is difficult to accept and therefore humans play so many emotional mental gymnastics to rationalize stuff and not accept the actual truth.

The Coronavirus pandemic is sad and unfortunately people have died but the truth is that with a fatality rate as little as it has (a crude death rate of less than 0.5%) it won’t even make a dent on Mankind.

What makes me mad is that the real culprits for this mayhem: The WHO and the Chinese government are getting a free pass from other countries. Blame must be on the people who started this fire first and foremost!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:44 pm

Malta has cold storage available for Pfizer vaccine - Health Ministry

COVID-19 vaccine must be stored at -70 degrees Celcius

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... try.831430
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Re: American members

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:36 pm

Given that a portion of the country (mostly far left blue haired liberals though) wants to do a more China style lockdown (welding people into their houses, prison for non compliance,etc.) while taking away personal liberties and giving the government unlimited power to infringe on the peoples’ freedoms. I think now the time has come for me to exercise my Second Amendment Right to Arms
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:48 pm

America USA wrote:Given that a portion of the country (mostly far left blue haired liberals though) wants to do a more China style lockdown (welding people into their houses, prison for non compliance,etc.) while taking away personal liberties and giving the government unlimited power to infringe on the peoples’ freedoms. I think now the time has come for me to exercise my Second Amendment Right to Arms
Sorry I don't agree with you and am surprised that I am on the same page with the blue haired bitches whom I detest.

There is no need for a complete lockdown.
Close gyms cinemas parks bars restaurants and that's it.

Work
School can go ahead
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:09 pm

Meanwhile, Australia is getting close to being Covid free.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Meanwhile, Australia is getting close to being Covid free.
The best...
Like New Zealand

They can do whatever they want as no one commands them
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge