You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:13 pm

Malta’s governme still thinks Covid does what they say, not what it wants. They have announced that Covid won’t cancel Christmas and at the same time announced a full month of crowded public events to celebrate it!

I’m starting a campaign to make Trump PM of Malta instead. We wouldn’t be worse off!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:37 pm

Have you guys got crowds at football over there?
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:41 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Malta’s governme still thinks Covid does what they say, not what it wants. They have announced that Covid won’t cancel Christmas and at the same time announced a full month of crowded public events to celebrate it!

I’m starting a campaign to make Trump PM of Malta instead. We wouldn’t be worse off!
Is this sob for real...???

Covid was Trump's downfall .... may it also be Abela's
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:42 pm

Lukas wrote:Have you guys got crowds at football over there?
No

But the association is pushing for it!
Unbelievable when we are one of the worst hit in Europe
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:42 pm

We never have them except at big NT matches vs the likes of Italy and England anyway. :lol:

For the time being only board members and the like are allowed in and they are streaming every game. I think there are plans to open it up and to be honest I agree with that.

Football in Malta is a bit strange in that games are played across 4 different stadia. There is no home and away. On a normal matchday you generally get around 1000 people, if there is a big match some 2000, and that's across 2 different matches (so the fans of 4 teams). It's a sad situation but it is what it is. Our National Stadium fits 17k so it is very easy to observe social distancing if they open up all sections (usually most are closed since there aren't enough fans).
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:46 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Malta’s governme still thinks Covid does what they say, not what it wants. They have announced that Covid won’t cancel Christmas and at the same time announced a full month of crowded public events to celebrate it!

Yeah... they said they're going out of his way to keep the Christmas spirit alive, lol. Btw, this wasn't Abela but our "beloved" Tourism Minister, who fucked up our admirable situation of having some 5 active cases in July.

I dislike Boris Johnson a lot and definitely hope my beloved Scotland becomes independent (not least because it would probably mean rejoining the EU), but I have to say I think he is doing all the right things with Covid-19 now. From what I can gather from a distance the problems there are more lack of cooperation by the people. His approach to saving Christmas is the right one, imo.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:08 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

We never have them except at big NT matches vs the likes of Italy and England anyway.

For the time being only board members and the like are allowed in and they are streaming every game. I think there are plans to open it up and to be honest I agree with that.

Football in Malta is a bit strange in that games are played across 4 different stadia. There is no home and away. On a normal matchday you generally get around 1000 people, if there is a big match some 2000, and that's across 2 different matches (so the fans of 4 teams). It's a sad situation but it is what it is. Our National Stadium fits 17k so it is very easy to observe social distancing if they open up all sections (usually most are closed since there aren't enough fans).
The attendance declined some 5-10 years ago... before in the big games namely BKara v Valletta or Valletta v Floriana or Hibernians vs both Val and Bkr the stadium would be half full
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:41 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Yeah... they said they're going out of his way to keep the Christmas spirit alive, lol. Btw, this wasn't Abela but our "beloved" Tourism Minister, who fucked up our admirable situation of having some 5 active cases in July.

I dislike Boris Johnson a lot and definitely hope my beloved Scotland becomes independent (not least because it would probably mean rejoining the EU), but I have to say I think he is doing all the right things with Covid-19 now. From what I can gather from a distance the problems there are more lack of cooperation by the people. His approach to saving Christmas is the right one, imo.

It’s complicated. People are now very sceptical of this government and their true intentions (herd immunity by the “back door” with half hearted lockdowns compared to Spain and France) and constant changes of message and policy. You’re obviously getting the wrong impression abroad as I don’t think he’s handling it well at all. One example was half price restaurant meals over summer which started off the second wave, then when the virus returned (as expected) the message changed to “it’s all your fault for not following the rules” when it was the gov actively encouraging people to go back to normal and even return to work in the office
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:44 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

We never have them except at big NT matches vs the likes of Italy and England anyway.

The attendance declined some 5-10 years ago... before in the big games namely BKara v Valletta or Valletta v Floriana or Hibernians vs both Val and Bkr the stadium would be half full
It declined earlier than that I think. I started attending regularly in 2011 and it was already like this, though it is getting worse.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:47 pm

Lukas wrote:It’s complicated. People are now very sceptical of this government and their true intentions (herd immunity by the “back door” with half hearted lockdowns compared to Spain and France) and constant changes of message and policy. You’re obviously getting the wrong impression abroad as I don’t think he’s handling it well at all. One example was half price restaurant meals over summer which started off the second wave, then when the virus returned (as expected) the message changed to “it’s all your fault for not following the rules” when it was the gov actively encouraging people to go back to normal and even return to work in the office

That’s fair. Sounds similar to some of the fiascos we’ve had here, actually. It’s definitely possible that my impression based on reading and watching news is wrong. Sadly I haven’t been in touch with the people and real life since January. :(
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:53 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Lukas wrote:It’s complicated. People are now very sceptical of this government and their true intentions (herd immunity by the “back door” with half hearted lockdowns compared to Spain and France) and constant changes of message and policy. You’re obviously getting the wrong impression abroad as I don’t think he’s handling it well at all. One example was half price restaurant meals over summer which started off the second wave, then when the virus returned (as expected) the message changed to “it’s all your fault for not following the rules” when it was the gov actively encouraging people to go back to normal and even return to work in the office

That’s fair. Sounds similar to some of the fiascos we’ve had here, actually. It’s definitely possible that my impression based on reading and watching news is wrong. Sadly I haven’t been in touch with the people and real life since January. :(
Haha like the vouchers which we are going to receive again...
After all it seems that we are still a British Colony

The Vouchers ... I only used them for take outs...
Last time I was to a rest was on 10March
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:57 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Haha like the vouchers which we are going to receive again...
After all it seems that we are still a British Colony

The Vouchers ... I only used them for take outs...
Last time I was to a rest was on 10March
I went out a few times when we had fewer than 10 cases... used them on one occasion as I just paid for everyone and converted them to money. :lol:

Gave the shopping one to my mum, I hardly buy anything locally.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:18 pm

Three more deaths today... bringing the total to 81

Did you check my post I posted last Sat in this thread ? Spanish flu in Malta?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:25 am

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... washington

ignoring all of the political manuevering and bickering, it is nice to see cooperation and partnership between the US and Germany (if only in the private sector at the moment) =D> =D>
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:56 am

I am sure Trump was not infected for real...and it backfired.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge