You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:10 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Meanwhile the EU is planning to shut down all external borders. Travel between EU countries will continue, but travelling from outside the EU into it will be restricted.
Doesn't make sense AT ALL.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:44 pm

"We have a simple message for all countries: test, test, test. Test every suspected case, if they test positive, isolate them and find out who they have been in contact with two days before they developed symptoms and test those people, too", Tedros said. [source]

All the taxpayer money in the world and no government wants to test.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:10 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Meanwhile the EU is planning to shut down all external borders. Travel between EU countries will continue, but travelling from outside the EU into it will be restricted.
It is better than nothing, but it solves very little, I agree.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:15 pm

But hey countries are taking the decisions themselves...

Portugal closed the border with Spain
Germany with Switzerland, Luxembourg, France, Denmark, Austria

The most relaxed country remains England I don't know what are they trying to do
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:44 pm

ramsej84 wrote:But hey countries are taking the decisions themselves...

Portugal closed the border with Spain
Germany with Switzerland, Luxembourg, France, Denmark, Austria

The most relaxed country remains England I don't know what are they trying to do

Prime Minister address right now. He literally said minimise disruption.

There are also decent points he was making on employing the "right amount of resource and imposing the right level of restrictions at the right time". Kind of realistic, because this will get worse and we need to spend more money and effort then.

Obviously, I would question the thought behind what the government define as an efficient allocation of resources.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:50 pm

I do appreciate that the UK government doesn't impose strict bans - the advices they give are prescriptive, but not mandatory. For instance, closing schools doesn't really make a whole bunch of sense anyways. I am however irritated by the lack of investment on testing.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Fénix » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:22 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

Of course it doesn't make sense at all, in fact, here nobody asks an institution such as EU to share bureaucratic instructions. This is a matter of national security, not some continental. States are going to close the borders because it's an extreme situation and only extreme measures can decrease further tragedies. Year 2015 cannot happen and I hope all countries will do all the best to decrease as quickly as possible.

EU completely failed whether you like it or not. Chinese have decided to help Italians and what have other 'Europeans' did? Nothing.

Here we are talking about illness and not migrants and terrorist attacks, but everyone in the end minds it's own business. I hate Titanic end scenario in the ocean after few hours.

Germany closing its borders also shows where we stand.

France the same thing and many other countries. "European solidarity" once again totally failed, globalism not to mention. Every government and every country and every people turns to themselves and does what it wants to save themselves, everything else are best regards and blessings, something we do every day and night when we pray for the world, people, nature.

We will learn again from all this, until then... close the borders and allow only food, medications, transport of only necessary goods to flow while people just and only in urgent and emergency cases.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Fénix » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:40 pm

Btw, I'm watching right now on Serbian Happy TV talk show "Ćirilica" and they are saying a lot of interesting and logical things about the virus, Europe, UK strategy, Italy, USA, globalization, predictions, etc.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:47 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I read that this happened, (not sure if it was during the swine flu 2009-2010 or the Spanish flu of a century ago)
If I remember correctly it changed from viral to bacterial or vice versa in days ...
That’s... Genetically impossible...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Malta up from 21 to 30 within 24 hours, an almost 50% increase.

I calculate we’ll be at at least 80 by the end of the week. This is the amount I had calculated the day I ended self-quarantine, 9th March, for Malta to be as infected as Italy was on that day. It more or less also ties in with the idea that Italy is two weeks ahead of other countries.
Local transmissions started.
Our only hope is that Profs Gauci is saying the truth and all of them are contained... as they were expected to have contracted the virus.
Prob is that some of them showed up for work or lectures
How do you know?
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:54 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
For you...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:57 pm

Fénix wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Of course it doesn't make sense at all, in fact, here nobody asks an institution such as EU to share bureaucratic instructions. This is a matter of national security, not some continental. States are going to close the borders because it's an extreme situation and only extreme measures can decrease further tragedies. Year 2015 cannot happen and I hope all countries will do all the best to decrease as quickly as possible.

EU completely failed whether you like it or not. Chinese have decided to help Italians and what have other 'Europeans' did? Nothing.

Here we are talking about illness and not migrants and terrorist attacks, but everyone in the end minds it's own business. I hate Titanic end scenario in the ocean after few hours.

Germany closing its borders also shows where we stand.

France the same thing and many other countries. "European solidarity" once again totally failed, globalism not to mention. Every government and every country and every people turns to themselves and does what it wants to save themselves, everything else are best regards and blessings, something we do every day and night when we pray for the world, people, nature.

We will learn again from all this, until then... close the borders and allow only food, medications, transport of only necessary goods to flow while people just and only in urgent and emergency cases.
Oh right, so -> I <- didn’t understand the word "pandemic"! Makes total sense to declare this a national issue
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby OhioFan » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:22 pm

Another USA update. All Catholic masses in my state have been cancelled through Easter Sunday.
Stay well brothers and sisters in this time of world peril.
No matter who or where you are, peace be with you.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:44 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
For you...
Your country has closed it for more than four countries ... so what the hell are you saying?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:05 am

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:[quote="FCBayernMunchen"]Meanwhile the EU is planning to shut down all external borders. Travel between EU countries will continue, but travelling from outside the EU into it will be restricted.
For you...
Your country has closed it for more than four countries ... so what the hell are you saying?[/quote]Because 1: it's wrong
And 2: it does make sense
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge