You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:11 am

The third case for the day is a 30-year-old Maltese woman who is a health care worker.

Gauci said the health worker was not a nurse, but did not provide further details: “We need to respect the persons involved.” 

She travelled to Brussels on March 5 and returned on March 9, returned to work on March 10 and symptoms surfaced on March 11.

Superintendent of Public Health Health Charmaine Gauci said the woman attended some social events after landing in Malta, and the authorities are tracing those she came in contact with.

The risk is minimal but we are also putting her colleagues under quarantine, Gauci said.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:17 am

In brighter news, Malta has its first recovery. 1 recovered, 0 deaths. 11 ongoing.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:27 am

Bulgaria is in a state of emergency from today until April 13.

The National Assembly has urgently accepted the government's proposal to introduce a state of emergency in the country due to the spread of the coronavirus. From today until April 13.
The state of emergency is declared on the basis of Article 84 of the Constitution. According to it, it is valid until the danger has passed and enables the authorities to impose complete bans, including for movement inside and outside the country. The state of emergency allows authorities to close schools, universities, concert halls, private businesses, everything that regional authorities deem necessary at the local level.

Currently, we have 23 people positive with COVID19. 1 death in Bulgaria, at least for now: a 66-year old woman, her husband, 77-year old, is in serious condition.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:28 am

IsiahRashad wrote:Bulgaria is in a state of emergency from today until April 13.

The National Assembly has urgently accepted the government's proposal to introduce a state of emergency in the country due to the spread of the coronavirus. From today until April 13.
The state of emergency is declared on the basis of Article 84 of the Constitution. According to it, it is valid until the danger has passed and enables the authorities to impose complete bans, including for movement inside and outside the country. The state of emergency allows authorities to close schools, universities, concert halls, private businesses, everything that regional authorities deem necessary at the local level.

Currently, we have 23 people positive with COVID19. 1 death in Bulgaria, at least for now: a 66-year old woman, her husband, 77-year old, is in serious condition.
Shit. I thought you guys were spared.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Hardrade » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:37 am

33 people affected in Serbia as of today. Multiply it by at least ten for the real number, and expect a two-fold increase every day.

The “Italian scenario” is very soon going to be the European scenario, so better prepare for some kinky fuckery.
:coffee:
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:39 am

Sadly, we're not. A lot of people travelled freely from and to Italy and Germany in the last month. As some of you know, I work in the Ministry of the Interior, I can say that our internal estimates for the peak of infection are - in late April/early May, at least for us.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Fénix » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:47 am

Nobody is spared of this, not even Eastern and South Eastern Europe. It was just a matter of time when it's gonna show up in almost every country. Borders are very likely to be closed for everyone around Croatia. Yesterday 3 points are closed from Serbia's side in Eastern Croatia on river of Dunav.

Basically you have to close national borders and wait until everything stops. It may sound like you are returning 30-40-50 years back, but that's how it is.

Spanish flu 102 years ago was a complete disaster for the entire world except Iceland and few more isolated places and islands which were spared of any infection and death of people. Back then world wasn't nearly developed, discovered, familiar and so reachable like in the last 35-40 years.
Traveling was just a total luxury for people who wanted to leave their old lives and start new ones and so on and so on and so on.

Now we have all tools, instruments, knowledge, technology and resources to avoid all this. It's just a question how serious we are going to take this and I'm completely aware of the fact what kind of impact it has on economy around the world and everyday life, however, this is something serious. We can joke and laugh to decrease any worries, possible anxiety and panic, but on the field all measures of prevention must be installed.

As Mutu have said, it's a test for all of us, a big one. Now let all good in people prevails. [-o<
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:50 am

#1 is meant to say “thank”, not “help”.

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:03 pm

Hard to believe I was there just 3 weeks ago.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paphlagonian » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:21 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Stay safe. Even if some countries don’t impose lockdown or take measures, like the UK, I expect people will do it of their own will.

Thanks likewise. I'm actually quite proud how Turkey handling the situation. I guess having social healthcare helps but I'm sure it will spread out more eventually. So I already bought 2 weeks of supplies and will lock myself to home just in case I have it.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:41 pm

Taking a little break from my workday, which is continuing for 13 hours already, because I'm in a department that deals with emergency control, among other things & it turned out that they put me in a committee from the regional interior ministry that includes 11 people, since my department is just around 20 people and together with the regional health inspection team and doctors, also Customs Agency, we should offer a plan to the governor and mayor to implement safety measures in our area.

Stay safe my friends!
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:08 pm

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... ple.777962

Police officers have begun carrying out spot checks at the homes declared by those affected by quarantine regulations, the Police Force said on Facebook.

Spot checks are being carried out to make sure that those who should be in mandatory quarantine are following the requirement.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:38 pm

Boy...
Our schools will close on Tuesday... Too late if you ask me... But better late than never...
Tough to tell a bunch of 10-18yos how they carry social responsibility for their grandparents who they’re afraid to lose...
Did that thrice today... Gotta admit, I'm usually tough but that wore me down...
To think I was annoying your asses off for a banality like soccer...
I just hope humanity and solidarity prevail... Stay safe guys!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:41 pm

I sympathise with Brexiteers now. This pandemic has really exposed the weak-mindedness of capitalist Europe, all talk and no action, driven by fear of disrupting the "normal" at the very slightest. I don't mean to say that Brexit makes the UK immediately better because the British are also inherently weak-minded (UK still haven't taken any action whatsoever), but still a step in the right direction. Never thought I'd say this but you'll find me agreeing with ramsej84's views more.

Edit: I was subconsciously referring to the bigger countries - Germany, France, Italy - when I said Europe, because it can already be seen that the likes of Bulgaria and Czechia have taken action in response to significantly less symptoms.
Last edited by Dumbledore7 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:42 pm

Well, the mayor has already signed the prescriptions. I dare say that the measures taken in the country are adequate at this time, but we're ready to change everything at the moment, at least for our municipality.

Significant decisions that Bulgaria made today:
- Under the emergency rules schools, universities and kindergartens will remain closed until March 29 and visits to gyms, cinemas, bars, restaurants and shops except for supermarkets and pharmacies is banned;
- The police will be given extraordinary powers to detain people who put public health at risk or in danger and do not cooperate in mitigating the spread of the virus. 5 years in prison and a fine of between 10 and 50 thousand for anyone who violates quarantine;
- Restricted travel to 14 countries /list is going to be updated depending on the situation in the other countries/;
- Businesses are encouraged to allow employees to work remotely while students will take classes online;

Currently, we have 31 confirmed cases. The figure will rise in the coming months, we are trying to avoid the situation in Italy. (2,547 new cases and 250 deaths today).
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge