You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby RedQueen » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:37 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:They can do it three days prior the game
Yup, test on Wednesday, big party on Thursday, shopping on Friday, bam, superspreading event

Yes, on top of it all they'd have to test on weekends. I seriously doubt they could find enough labs in Berlin who'd be willing to do that. Sending the samples throughout the country takes too long.

You know who heads the viroloy of Labor Berlin, by far the biggest lab in Berlin. I have a hard time imagining this lab working extra shifts every two weeks to cram in tests on a discount price for Union Berlin. He doesn't even like football.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:28 pm

RedQueen wrote:
#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:They can do it three days prior the game
Yup, test on Wednesday, big party on Thursday, shopping on Friday, bam, superspreading event

Yes, on top of it all they'd have to test on weekends. I seriously doubt they could find enough labs in Berlin who'd be willing to do that. Sending the samples throughout the country takes too long.

You know who heads the viroloy of Labor Berlin, by far the biggest lab in Berlin. I have a hard time imagining this lab working extra shifts every two weeks to cram in tests on a discount price for Union Berlin. He doesn't even like football.
Well, they’re morons... They already were reluctant in mid–March, when matches were postponed and cancelled…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:35 pm

I wonder whether anyone has even calculated the costs. 59 EUR per test, 22,000 tests, 9 matchdays in the Hinrunde. That's 11.7 m EUR. Without considering extra charges for weekend work.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:52 pm

While that suggestion is obviously stupid, I do hope we begin to see fans returning next season. At least a maximum of 10% capacity of each stadium per game would be good.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:24 pm

#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:Gotcha, that does seem to at least pass the 'sniff test'. It seems like a more recent(ish) development is that we seem to keep finding that indoor spaces or spots with 'stale' air are a big issue - Or I guess what I mean is it sounds like perhaps these spots are bigger issues than we previously thought. Of course as A/C does not introduce any fresh air (well, unless it's broken, lol) then it's just recirculating that 'old' air, so that would make some sense in light of that....
Definitely... Drosten says that he assumes 50% or more is aerosol infections meaning you can get infected while social distancing and even wearing a mask if only an infected person was in the same room long enough to leave an infectious amount of viral load... And these particles stay in the air much longer than sneezing or cough drops - so you might still get infected hours after the infected person left...

Regarding this, Science recently published an article on the aerosol subject:

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/368/6498/1422

TBH I wasn't aware that this is even still a debate internationally until that WHO discussion came up. With all the infections in churches and choir rehearsals from very early on in the pandemic.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:12 pm

Guess I'll have to get a HEPA filter for my A/C then, not shutting it off when it's 95F outside.... :lol:
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:25 pm

aterford wrote:Guess I'll have to get a HEPA filter for my A/C then, not shutting it off when it's 95F outside.... :lol:
Well, I don’t think the one in your oen house is a problem
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:40 am

how responsible leaders should be... first and foremost the well being of one's country and the its citizens....
Hungary's government said Sunday it was barring travel from South America, Africa, most of Asia, and restricting entry from several European countries after worldwide spikes in coronavirus cases. [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:08 am

#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:Guess I'll have to get a HEPA filter for my A/C then, not shutting it off when it's 95F outside....

It could be if one doesn't trust his wife haha
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:54 am

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:Guess I'll have to get a HEPA filter for my A/C then, not shutting it off when it's 95F outside....

It could be if one doesn't trust his wife haha
And even then, the sleeping in the same room would probably do the job just as well...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:53 am

93 thousand minks will be slaughtered in the Spanish region of Aragon after knowing that they are carriers of the SARS-CoV-2. 80% of the animals tested Positive

https://www.theyucatantimes.com/2020/07 ... -covid-19/
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:09 am

Spain tells millions stay home as EU leaders meet to discuss €750b virus plan

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... rus.805836
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:56 am

Man, I hate those masks. We all wear them from Monday and it's really disgusting.

No matter how healthy and clean teeth and mouth I have, I can still smell something ugly and you must breathe through nose only and it's too warm for me. Not to mention it's heavier to inhale.

God, I should have never gone to university, sit a lot on chairs and in closed spaces. :roll: Nature and fresh air is the best. :)
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby aterford » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:35 pm

Well, that's....not good.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lukas » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:52 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Spain tells millions stay home as EU leaders meet to discuss €750b virus plan

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... rus.805836

Bernat owns a restaurant now? :P

In all seriousness though that's not good. Another lockdown for anywhere will be a complete disaster
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge