You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby aterford » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:32 pm

#12 wrote:With the recent development in Israel and the US… I think air conditioning is a serious CoViD-19 catalyst…

I haven't really been tracking with that, any good link for me? Is the suggestion that A/C is helping to circulate particles or something? Hope that doesn't come off as accusatory or whatever, just hadn't heard as much.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:08 pm

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:With the recent development in Israel and the US… I think air conditioning is a serious CoViD-19 catalyst…

I haven't really been tracking with that, any good link for me? Is the suggestion that A/C is helping to circulate particles or something? Hope that doesn't come off as accusatory or whatever, just hadn't heard as much.
Don‘t worry buddy, it IS mostly speculation up to this point, but both countries use AC heavily AFAIK - it is far less common and on a way smaller scale in Europe… It stems from a Drosten speculation on the Podcast somewhen in June - and I basically just concluded it from the recent spikes in new infections while we do not have said problem in these warmer months… IIRC his theory was that air conditioned spaces are more susceptible to aerosol particles from breathing…

I could link you some sources but I‘m afraid they’re basically all German… Lmk if you’re still interested, maybe GoogleTranslate can catch the gist…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:25 pm

Gotcha, that does seem to at least pass the 'sniff test'. It seems like a more recent(ish) development is that we seem to keep finding that indoor spaces or spots with 'stale' air are a big issue - Or I guess what I mean is it sounds like perhaps these spots are bigger issues than we previously thought. Of course as A/C does not introduce any fresh air (well, unless it's broken, lol) then it's just recirculating that 'old' air, so that would make some sense in light of that....
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:38 pm

aterford wrote:Gotcha, that does seem to at least pass the 'sniff test'. It seems like a more recent(ish) development is that we seem to keep finding that indoor spaces or spots with 'stale' air are a big issue - Or I guess what I mean is it sounds like perhaps these spots are bigger issues than we previously thought. Of course as A/C does not introduce any fresh air (well, unless it's broken, lol) then it's just recirculating that 'old' air, so that would make some sense in light of that....
Definitely... Drosten says that he assumes 50% or more is aerosol infections meaning you can get infected while social distancing and even wearing a mask if only an infected person was in the same room long enough to leave an infectious amount of viral load... And these particles stay in the air much longer than sneezing or cough drops - so you might still get infected hours after the infected person left...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:00 am

I don’t about the rest of the world but we’ve been mentioning this for months here and it’s one of the reasons restaurants were initially only allowed to operate outdoors and why many are still hesitant to stay inside. ACs are a staple here, in pretty much every establishment and in most houses too.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:29 am

#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:

Don‘t worry buddy, it IS mostly speculation up to this point, but both countries use AC heavily AFAIK - it is far less common and on a way smaller scale in Europe… It stems from a Drosten speculation on the Podcast somewhen in June - and I basically just concluded it from the recent spikes in new infections while we do not have said problem in these warmer months… IIRC his theory was that air conditioned spaces are more susceptible to aerosol particles from breathing…

I could link you some sources but I‘m afraid they’re basically all German… Lmk if you’re still interested, maybe GoogleTranslate can catch the gist…

Nah, it's not just CD's speculation. The outbreaks at Tönnies' meat factory have been investigated by a hygienic professor and he arrived at the conclusion that it's the A/C in the factory which is responsible for the gigantic outbreak. They're installing new filter technology now, so they can re-open the factory.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:51 pm

RedQueen wrote:
#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:[quote="#12"]With the recent development in Israel and the US… I think air conditioning is a serious CoViD-19 catalyst…

Nah, it's not just CD's speculation. The outbreaks at Tönnies' meat factory have been investigated by a hygienic professor and he arrived at the conclusion that it's the A/C in the factory which is responsible for the gigantic outbreak. They're installing new filter technology now, so they can re-open the factory.[/quote]Yeah but he concluded it first (at least from what I heard) and once again it was barely acknowledged in public...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:05 pm

Explosion keeps growing. Weddings and wedding celebrations have become a veeeery hot source of infection.

Yesterday and today we reported record numbers, 116 and 140. Previous record in one day was on April 1st and it was matched on July 3rd.

It's crystal clear now why number of recovered people never reached the number of infected between May 23rd and June 17th.
Those cca 150 people back then are very likely the oldest people when I take a look at the charts now and that just in the last 8 days we have altogether more than 300 people recovered.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:10 pm

Several places seem to be experiencing surges again. Not quite at the same level as the initial outbreak but still concerning.

Against all expectation given our population density and carefree attitude, Malta is doing very well. We are now down to 7 active cases and none of the times when measures were reversed (which are pretty much all gone now) seem to have had an effect on numbers. Long may it continue.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:58 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Several places seem to be experiencing surges again. Not quite at the same level as the initial outbreak but still concerning.

Against all expectation given our population density and carefree attitude, Malta is doing very well. We are now down to 7 active cases and none of the times when measures were reversed (which are pretty much all gone now) seem to have had an effect on numbers. Long may it continue.
Before letting off fireworks I would wait until ten days after the 15th when our Airport will be open for all...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:44 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Several places seem to be experiencing surges again. Not quite at the same level as the initial outbreak but still concerning.

Before letting off fireworks I would wait until ten days after the 15th when our Airport will be open for all...
It’s not opening for all anymore thought the list will be extended. The UK is the main questionable inclusion.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:02 pm

The idiot Union Berlin hierarchy want to fully open their stadium for spectators at matchday 1 coming season. 22,000 people. They intend to test everyone who buys a ticket within 24 hours before the game, to be paid by club.

I'd like to know who came up with that idea. Testing capacity in entire Germany is 170,000 test per day. A test still costs 50 EUR at minimum. How do they think labs in Berlin will be able to test 22,000 samples the day before the game, and how will they pay the 1.1m EUR for it?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:12 pm

RedQueen wrote:The idiot Union Berlin hierarchy want to fully open their stadium for spectators at matchday 1 coming season. 22,000 people. They intend to test everyone who buys a ticket within 24 hours before the game, to be paid by club.

I'd like to know who came up with that idea. Testing capacity in entire Germany is 170,000 test per day. A test still costs 50 EUR at minimum. How do they think labs in Berlin will be able to test 22,000 samples the day before the game, and how will they pay the 1.1m EUR for it?
They can do it three days prior the game
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:31 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:The idiot Union Berlin hierarchy want to fully open their stadium for spectators at matchday 1 coming season. 22,000 people. They intend to test everyone who buys a ticket within 24 hours before the game, to be paid by club.

They can't. The city won't accept that. There's a reason they are proposing to do it within 24 hours.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:32 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

Yup, test on Wednesday, big party on Thursday, shopping on Friday, bam, superspreading event
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge