You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:08 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:And we have 1331 infected now in Tönnies' meat factory.
Wow....
Now their ... families... the shops to which they went to...

Airports should be re closed.

Also this village should be closed off... no one can come out our get in

It's not just concerning a village, unfortunately; those people live scattered over three or four counties.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:20 pm

RedQueen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:And we have 1331 infected now in Tönnies' meat factory.
Wow....
Now their ... families... the shops to which they went to...

Airports should be re closed.

Also this village should be closed off... no one can come out our get in

It's not just concerning a village, unfortunately; those people live scattered over three or four counties.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:58 pm

Hope the good citizens of Germany boycott Tönnies after this. I mean he's always been a bastard anyway
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:10 pm

Lukas wrote:Hope the good citizens of Germany boycott Tönnies after this. I mean he's always been a bastard anyway
I used to eat a lot of shit... But quite frankly, these days if I want to eat meat, I buy organic, homegrown, farm stuff, not this shit... Rather spend a few bucks more to support locals, small family companies and animal "happiness"... And you can taste it...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:54 pm

Don't eat pork guys :mrgreen:
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Fénix » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:34 pm

On the contrary, eat pork and drink rakija. The only way to avoid COVID. :lol:

But of course, homemade not this produced/fabricated shit. Porkies homegrown, rakija made from your own plums, onion from your own garden, onion autochthonous. Fuck, only pickles must be bought, summer cucumbers can't be that sour. :mrgreen:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:37 pm

Fénix wrote:On the contrary, eat pork and drink rakija. The only way to avoid COVID. :lol:

But of course, homemade not this produced/fabricated shit. Porkies homegrown, rakija made from your own plums, onion from your own garden, onion autochthonous. Fuck, only pickles must be bought, summer cucumbers can't be that sour. :mrgreen:
You could always conserve them for next year...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:12 am

RedQueen wrote:Learned in yesterdays Drosten Podcast that pharma companies are working on re-shaping Remdesivir into an inhalative medication, which could be given to patients in the very early stages when they're just starting to develop symptoms. Remdesivir according to Drosten is actually a drug that should be given in early stages, when the virus hasn't yet attacked other organs or caused overshooting immune reactions or other problems, because it's specifically designed to inhibit virus replication. By inhaling it, it could directly affect respiratory organs, without having to pass through digestive tract and the blood stream. If successful, this could prevent a lot of severe cases and deaths.

A follow-up on this one:

17:35 Kira Kramer
The American pharmaceutical company Gilead plans to produce more than two million treatment doses of its potential corona drug Remdesivir by the end of the year. The company announced that in August studies with a more user-friendly inhalation version will begin.

This is progressing faster than I expected. Fingers crossed for these studies, for this could be a real game changer.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:12 am

RedQueen wrote:
RedQueen wrote:Learned in yesterdays Drosten Podcast that pharma companies are working on re-shaping Remdesivir into an inhalative medication, which could be given to patients in the very early stages when they're just starting to develop symptoms. Remdesivir according to Drosten is actually a drug that should be given in early stages, when the virus hasn't yet attacked other organs or caused overshooting immune reactions or other problems, because it's specifically designed to inhibit virus replication. By inhaling it, it could directly affect respiratory organs, without having to pass through digestive tract and the blood stream. If successful, this could prevent a lot of severe cases and deaths.

A follow-up on this one:

17:35 Kira Kramer
The American pharmaceutical company Gilead plans to produce more than two million treatment doses of its potential corona drug Remdesivir by the end of the year. The company announced that in August studies with a more user-friendly inhalation version will begin.

This is progressing faster than I expected. Fingers crossed for these studies, for this could be a real game changer.
Dutch authorities reported two possible cases in May where humans were believed to have caught the virus from the animals, which are farmed for their fur.

"There are some minks that have been found positive in the Netherlands and in Denmark," said Van Kerkhove.

WHO urges dexamethasone boom for worst virus cases

It has reduced deaths by 35 percent among the most sickly

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... ses.800349
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:36 am

Remdesivir and dexamethasone have different uses as far as I can understand.

The former is used in moderate cases to speed up recovery. It shortens the length of the illness. This is crucial considering the virus can indispose people for weeks, and also to avoid the kind of overburden for hospitals Europe saw in the beginning, which caused many avoidable deaths.

Dexamethasone is used in severe cases to significantly reduce the chance of survival. It counters extreme inflammation which makes it likely that a patient will die. Remdesivir, I think, has no effect on reducing mortality, unlike dexamethasone. We need both.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:04 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:41 pm

New lockdown imposed in Gütersloh but they can still leave the area? Wtf?!
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Fénix » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:54 pm

Novak and Jelena Đoković COVID positive. :D It's even possible that Croatian PM Andrej Plenković is positive as well since he was at the Adria tennis tour, shook hands or something like that or was in contact with Đoković. :D The prime minister's office said Plenković's test is negative.
Croatian tennis also said 2-3 days ago on TV that he is COVID positive. But in case of tennis tour in Zadar, Dalmatia, the Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov brought the virus and infected people completely unaware of being infected before he came to Croatia.

In my city more than 150 people are isolated at home since the patron of one nightclub and café in the downtown was in Serbia in Novi Sad where was infected at some private party and then returned, infected the city mayor who is regular guest in his café along with the city creme. :lol:

Total circus after 4 weeks of complete disappearance of measures, not to mention that the number of test samples were decreased, guess why? Parliamentary elections are in 16 days and the campaign started some 6-7 weeks ago. :mrgreen:

I have joked these days that maybe I am also infected since I went twice to cafés full of people 2-3 weeks ago, no masks on all of us, no distance of 2 meters between CHAIRS (not some silly tables) and everything looked like before.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:26 pm

Fénix wrote:Novak and Jelena Đoković COVID positive. :D It's even possible that Croatian PM Andrej Plenković is positive as well since he was at the Adria tennis tour, shook hands or something like that or was in contact with Đoković. :D The prime minister's office said Plenković's test is negative.
Croatian tennis also said 2-3 days ago on TV that he is COVID positive. But in case of tennis tour in Zadar, Dalmatia, the Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov brought the virus and infected people completely unaware of being infected before he came to Croatia.

In my city more than 150 people are isolated at home since the patron of one nightclub and café in the downtown was in Serbia in Novi Sad where was infected at some private party and then returned, infected the city mayor who is regular guest in his café along with the city creme.

Total circus after 4 weeks of complete disappearance of measures, not to mention that the number of test samples were decreased, guess why? Parliamentary elections are in 16 days and the campaign started some 6-7 weeks ago. :mrgreen:

I have joked these days that maybe I am also infected since I went twice to cafés full of people 2-3 weeks ago, no masks on all of us, no distance of 2 meters between CHAIRS (not some silly tables) and everything looked like before.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:05 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Remdesivir and dexamethasone have different uses as far as I can understand.

The former is used in moderate cases to speed up recovery. It shortens the length of the illness. This is crucial considering the virus can indispose people for weeks, and also to avoid the kind of overburden for hospitals Europe saw in the beginning, which caused many avoidable deaths.

Dexamethasone is used in severe cases to significantly reduce the chance of survival. It counters extreme inflammation which makes it likely that a patient will die. Remdesivir, I think, has no effect on reducing mortality, unlike dexamethasone. We need both.
Man, re-read your last paragraph, please! You're coming off as a butcher!

Also, Remdesivir, if used early on, is reducing viral load and virus multiplication... hence it’s less helpful in the latter stages (week2+), when it’s more about immuno-reaction of the body than the virus itself...

If Remdesivir were to be available easily and cheap, e.g. to inhale, early on (week 1), it would DEFINITELY reduce severe cases and thus mortality...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge