You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:17 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Temporary " sacking " most can work from home...
The only ones who can't are the ones in the catering ind. Then they can be re-employed when it is allover

It's impossible that they'll be re-employed when it's "all over".
Why not. They will suffer as they will stop receiving the wage or part of it.
I suffered a bit not that much... I work 1.5 hrs over time daily and another four every Sat ... so I missed those extra money for two months. Not to mention the commission from sales and all my time off as it was used to cover for the time away from work (luckily I had accumulated cause I don't use it much)
You know that employees need to survive, too, right??
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:42 pm

That's why the Govt help.
You mentioned the debts. Live for today then we see what happens.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:19 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:Does everyone on this forum believe that this covid is really as dangerous as they are saying it is?

Depends what you mean by dangerous. I'm not afraid of being infected, but I worry about its contagiousness. 1) Anyone could infect a more vulnerable person and 2) Things won't ever be back to normal if the number of cases don't get pushed down, regardless of how harmful or harmless the symptomatic disease is.
This.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:26 am

ramsej84 wrote:That's why the Govt help.
We can’t do this. If we keep everything shut down long term and get governments to keep pumping out money in aid you and I will still be hearing about Covid-19 and suffering its consequences when we are old. It would cause irreparable damage.

Now we can go on and on about the problems of an economy and money based world and we would probably agree on a lot of things (I am mostly anti-capitalist though not totally), but it’s beside the point. That’s the world we live in.

I am disgusted by the way Malta’s government is acting now. It feels like it’s taken straight out of a regime’s playbook to boost morale. Our government is literally trying to cancel Covid-19 with a press conference. They went out and publicly announced the virus is over. They allegedly ordered a pro-government partisan TV/radio station and website not to mention Covid-19, at all. Now they’re planning a fireworks celebration to celebrate the reopening of Malta’s airport and borders. WTF! It’s all sickening and worrying and I disagree with it entirely, yet the truth is we can’t go to the other extreme and keep everything shut down either. It needs to be somewhere in the middle.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:29 am

Another way to put is is that the generations already paying for our exuberance regarding climate change and pollution, have to pay for some of the very generation that got them into said hot water to live a few years longer... I know it’s cynical, but there IS some truth to it...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:45 am

ramsej84 wrote:The most imp thing is that we open up more and more...

Fu ck this materialistic world .... f cilk it all
You don't seem to realize that for you to actually consume anything (say, chicken and lettuce for lunch) it actually has to be produced by someone, packaged by someone and transported by someone. If the economy remains frozen, we're simply gonna starve. There is no magic "free lunch" without work. That is true both on a direct literal way and also on a more indirect aggregated way (i.e.: if GDP collapses people lose their jobs permanently, governments will have to take a LOT of additional debt and everyone's going to be effed for a long time). Again, it's not a matter of materialism or capitalism or anything, just the basic fact that no country can sustain itself without working.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lukas » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:13 am

Getting a strong sense of deja vu. China not sharing information :twisted:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... e-12009330
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:33 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Temporary " sacking " most can work from home...
The only ones who can't are the ones in the catering ind. Then they can be re-employed when it is allover

I suffered a bit not that much... I work 1.5 hrs over time daily and another four every Sat ... so I missed those extra money for two months. Not to mention the commission from sales and all my time off as it was used to cover for the time away from work (luckily I had accumulated cause I don't use it much)

To re-employ people you need money. Businesses won't have enough money (yes, even with government help). It's literally that simple.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Fénix » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:14 pm

COVID is returning to Southeast Europe. Today explosion with 50-60 cases in BiH, Northern Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia.

Montenegro 7 cases after 42 days without single infection. Montenegrin accuse Serbia for this. Reason? The biggest Serbian derby Partizan - Crvena zvezda, a lot of people traveled from Montenegro to Belgrade.

Croatia 11 cases today. Some state institute is serious trouble where a lot of people work. 11 cases in the last 8 days and just today 11 in Croatia.

That number of recovered patients in the last month and a half has stalled biiiiiiiiiig time.
I have expected by now to have less than 20 people recovering and we still have 127 people left to recover and 20 active cases. It's been too long with those people and obviously those are fighting tough life battles when they can't leave hospitals for so long.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:26 pm

Recoveries are bound to slow down as in most countries that had started to do well, the currently active cases are mostly recent.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:13 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:[quote="ramsej84"]Temporary " sacking " most can work from home...

To re-employ people you need money. Businesses won't have enough money (yes, even with government help). It's literally that simple.[/quote]IF they still exist...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:15 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Recoveries are bound to slow down as in most countries that had started to do well, the currently active cases are mostly recent.
Yup... Also, apparently progressions of 80d and more seem to be no rarity...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:59 am

Fénix wrote:COVID is returning to Southeast Europe. Today explosion with 50-60 cases in BiH, Northern Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia.

Montenegro 7 cases after 42 days without single infection. Montenegrin accuse Serbia for this. Reason? The biggest Serbian derby Partizan - Crvena zvezda, a lot of people traveled from Montenegro to Belgrade.

Croatia 11 cases today. Some state institute is serious trouble where a lot of people work. 11 cases in the last 8 days and just today 11 in Croatia.

That number of recovered patients in the last month and a half has stalled biiiiiiiiiig time.
I have expected by now to have less than 20 people recovering and we still have 127 people left to recover and 20 active cases. It's been too long with those people and obviously those are fighting tough life battles when they can't leave hospitals for so long.

And our super PM told us that we have won the war and,therefore back to normality.... what an utter idiot
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:03 am

We are full normal mode, but that could change in just few days if these numbers remain high. For weeks we have had just 0-2 new cases and yesterday 11.

Summer hasn't arrived yet. The weather has sucked totally for the last 3 and a half weeks. Second wave might come earlier than er expected.

Instead of being right now in München preparing for tomorrow's wedding of my friend, I'm at home. 2 months ago I said no and nothing hasn't changed in Germany and thr rest of Europe though.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby RedQueen » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:57 am

#12 wrote:
Another way to put is is that the generations already paying for our exuberance regarding climate change and pollution, have to pay for some of the very generation that got them into said hot water to live a few years longer... I know it’s cynical, but there IS some truth to it...

Sorry, but the ones most in danger of dying are those who rebuilt the economy after the war, who spent their childhood in bunkers and built up the welfare without which there would be neither smartphones nor internet.

Every generation blames the one before. I'd say the kids that grew up during WWII have a lot more to complain about than today's FFF kids, which coincidentally mostly come from wealthy upper-class families.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge