You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby Lukas » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:47 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Lukas wrote:Australia. Apparently they’re still carrying on opening up though. Countries are now seeing others opening up and thinking they have to as they don’t want to be left behind. No doubt Australia are looking at NZ and thinking “well if they’re doing it we have to as well”

I wouldn't call less than 20 cases a day in a country as big as Australia concerning tbh, but yeah, states like WA which have almost eliminated it will likely reimport it when interstate travel resumes.

Malta has officially lifted all measures except flight restrictions, which will begin to ease to 21 countries (I believe) on 1st July and be lifted completely on the 15th. So as things stand we are a month away from having the same kind of laws/restrictions we had in January.

If that’s all it is then yeah it’s nothing. The media really do like jumping on anything and making it sound worse than it is
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:50 pm

China had 56 today and close a marked and locked down an are in Beijing.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:03 pm

ramsej84 wrote:China had 56 today and close a marked and locked down an are in Beijing.

At least they’re reporting it and locking down early this time
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:08 pm

Lukas wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Lukas wrote:Australia. Apparently they’re still carrying on opening up though. Countries are now seeing others opening up and thinking they have to as they don’t want to be left behind. No doubt Australia are looking at NZ and thinking “well if they’re doing it we have to as well”

I wouldn't call less than 20 cases a day in a country as big as Australia concerning tbh, but yeah, states like WA which have almost eliminated it will likely reimport it when interstate travel resumes.

Malta has officially lifted all measures except flight restrictions, which will begin to ease to 21 countries (I believe) on 1st July and be lifted completely on the 15th. So as things stand we are a month away from having the same kind of laws/restrictions we had in January.

If that’s all it is then yeah it’s nothing. The media really do like jumping on anything and making it sound worse than it is
I think so yeah. My relatives in WA say there’s going to be a constitutional case to open borders though and they’re pretty angry about it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:15 pm

Surely they’d have to make people isolate if they did that, and I read that the ban on Australians leaving the country has been extended for three months.

I’m enjoying watching their rugby so need them to keep it at bay :lol: And also for their cricket season during our winter :mrgreen:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:30 pm

Is the world ready to take the second wave?
We shall see...

Another outbreak in China

75 cases linked to a single wholesale food market in Beijing where authorities have locked down neighbourhoods and launched a massive test and trace programme.

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... ace.798630
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:42 pm

Six new cases here five recover...
Infections are on the high.

In the meantime after 23 days of zero cases NZ reported its first two ...
Two tourists from England .... LoL open open open up as much as you can

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... ver.798921
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:04 pm

I think the New Zealand cases aren’t tourists but locals who came from the UK. If I’m not mistaken they’re still not allowing foreigners in.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:56 pm

In the trial, led by a team from Oxford University, around 2,000 hospital patients were given dexamethasone and were compared with more than 4,000 who did not receive the drug.

For patients on ventilators, it cut the risk of death from 40% to 28%. For patients needing oxygen, it cut the risk of death from 25% to 20%.

Chief investigator Prof Peter Horby said: "This is the only drug so far that has been shown to reduce mortality - and it reduces it significantly. It's a major breakthrough." [source]
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think the New Zealand cases aren’t tourists but locals who came from the UK. If I’m not mistaken they’re still not allowing foreigners in.

NZ - the Brits went to see a relative who is on his death bed.

More cases in China : 100+ in five days,,, all related to two markets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:46 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think the New Zealand cases aren’t tourists but locals who came from the UK. If I’m not mistaken they’re still not allowing foreigners in.

NZ - the Brits went to see a relative who is on his death bed.

More cases in China : 100+ in five days,,, all related to two markets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You should put an exclamation point at the end there...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:29 am

another six new cases today in Malta (same as yest) the numbers are soaring again and we haven't yet opened our Ports and Airport!

New Zealand
New Zealand military to control borders after virus bungle [source]

China :
China cancels flights, classes over new outbreak as India deaths soar [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:32 pm

To put it into perspective, 12 new cases in 2 days in Malta is equivalent to 34000 new cases in China over 2 days. They'd be in total lockdown if that were the case.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:56 pm

We have 400 (!!) new positive test results, out of 500 tests, in a meat factory owned by Schalke's president Tönnies. All workers were tested on Monday or Tuesday.

Another 500 test results still pending.

Schools and kindergartens in the county will be shut down again.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:00 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge