You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:43 pm

Lukas wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Lukas, do you think the pandemic will impact the Brexit negotiations or do you think Boris will stubbornly insist on crashing out in December whatever the case? I saw Northern Ireland has now backed an extension of the transition period through a vote. Scotland is also obviously in favour.

There is a growing consensus among even many conservatives that the negotiations must be extended. I believe the EU have given until October for him to make a decision.

What Johnson wants is what will happen though that’s just how he is. I fear he will keep being his usual stubborn self
Am I the only one seeing the irony, in times of crisis, the "independent" UK wants to milk the "stealing" EU some more to cushion the blow? Golden!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:57 pm

I don't get it. 130 schools and pre-schools have been closed down again in Israel, three weeks after re-opening.

Netherlands have re-opened schools at about the same time. Yet there seem to be no problems in the Netherlands. Why? What are they doing differently :?: :?: :?:
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:54 pm

RedQueen wrote:I don't get it. 130 schools and pre-schools have been closed down again in Israel, three weeks after re-opening.

Netherlands have re-opened schools at about the same time. Yet there seem to be no problems in the Netherlands. Why? What are they doing differently :?: :?: :?:
Could it be that Israel is facing a second wave?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:58 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:I don't get it. 130 schools and pre-schools have been closed down again in Israel, three weeks after re-opening.

But why are they facing a second wave so soon but not the Netherlands? Or anywhere in Europe?
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Lukas » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:03 pm

#12 wrote:
Lukas wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Lukas, do you think the pandemic will impact the Brexit negotiations or do you think Boris will stubbornly insist on crashing out in December whatever the case? I saw Northern Ireland has now backed an extension of the transition period through a vote. Scotland is also obviously in favour.

There is a growing consensus among even many conservatives that the negotiations must be extended. I believe the EU have given until October for him to make a decision.

What Johnson wants is what will happen though that’s just how he is. I fear he will keep being his usual stubborn self
Am I the only one seeing the irony, in times of crisis, the "independent" UK wants to milk the "stealing" EU some more to cushion the blow? Golden!

I have no idea I can only see it from my (remain) side that we need to leave with a deal, if we really must leave at all and “respect democracy”. This was my opinion before this crisis and it is even more imperative now
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:10 pm

Lukas wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

But why are they facing a second wave so soon but not the Netherlands? Or anywhere in Europe?
I don’t know the details of Israel’s case but it might well just be bad luck.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:07 am

Is their airport open? It might be the case of imported cases, either Israelis coming back or some mad tourists
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:15 pm

It is rare that asymptomatic persons with Covid-19 infect others [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:32 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Interesting. I remember discussing this with #12 some weeks ago.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

They've already been backpedalling on this.
Can't see tweet? Click here!

At the same time, WHO officials acknowledged on Tuesday some modeling studies have suggested as much as 41 percent of transmission may be due to asymptomatic people.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:40 pm

Aaaand the debate continues haha
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:20 pm

Learned in yesterdays Drosten Podcast that pharma companies are working on re-shaping Remdesivir into an inhalative medication, which could be given to patients in the very early stages when they're just starting to develop symptoms. Remdesivir according to Drosten is actually a drug that should be given in early stages, when the virus hasn't yet attacked other organs or caused overshooting immune reactions or other problems, because it's specifically designed to inhibit virus replication. By inhaling it, it could directly affect respiratory organs, without having to pass through digestive tract and the blood stream. If successful, this could prevent a lot of severe cases and deaths.

There's been a lot of hopeful news lately, to the point where science journalists in Germany are already arguing there's a chance we could eliminate the virus completely. Yesterday our health minister Spahn said in a presser "we want to nip the virus in the bud", which seems to indicate another change of strategy (from "we have to prevent a collapse of our health system", to "we want to control local outbreaks", to "we want to eliminate it more or less completely").
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:35 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

In Croatian case it's false.

Croats who returned from Sweden 4-5 weeks ago were all asymptomatic and they infected dozens of people in 4-5 days, in airplane passengers who were in other countries and their own family and friends at home.

They had no idea they were infected/sick all the time.

p.s. My county today has become offically COVID free. :)
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:46 pm

RedQueen wrote:Learned in yesterdays Drosten Podcast that pharma companies are working on re-shaping Remdesivir into an inhalative medication, which could be given to patients in the very early stages when they're just starting to develop symptoms. Remdesivir according to Drosten is actually a drug that should be given in early stages, when the virus hasn't yet attacked other organs or caused overshooting immune reactions or other problems, because it's specifically designed to inhibit virus replication. By inhaling it, it could directly affect respiratory organs, without having to pass through digestive tract and the blood stream. If successful, this could prevent a lot of severe cases and deaths.

There's been a lot of hopeful news lately, to the point where science journalists in Germany are already arguing there's a chance we could eliminate the virus completely. Yesterday our health minister Spahn said in a presser "we want to nip the virus in the bud", which seems to indicate another change of strategy (from "we have to prevent a collapse of our health system", to "we want to control local outbreaks", to "we want to eliminate it more or less completely").
Will it be available worldwide wide?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:55 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:Learned in yesterdays Drosten Podcast that pharma companies are working on re-shaping Remdesivir into an inhalative medication, which could be given to patients in the very early stages when they're just starting to develop symptoms. Remdesivir according to Drosten is actually a drug that should be given in early stages, when the virus hasn't yet attacked other organs or caused overshooting immune reactions or other problems, because it's specifically designed to inhibit virus replication. By inhaling it, it could directly affect respiratory organs, without having to pass through digestive tract and the blood stream. If successful, this could prevent a lot of severe cases and deaths.

Will it be available worldwide wide?

Remdesivir? It's already been approved of in the US, I think in Japan, too, and will probably be approved of in Europe soon. But so far, only as powder for intravenous therapy.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge