You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:20 pm

aterford wrote:This disease confuses me man.

Many of you probably saw the photos of all the crowds at Lake of the Ozarks here in the US. (If not, here: https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/hea ... 392.html#3 )

Well, somehow there was one positive test and in the weeks since...ZERO others have tested positive.

Similarly, in my town there is a big high rise apartment with a couple hundred residents. Honestly, it is in the low-income part of town, and I have been there a few times (used to do social work). It is extremely unclean and very tight quarters. Well, a month ago we had one person there test positive. They ordered tests for the entire complex, every single person....and again: not a single one came back positive.

Of course I'm no epidemiologist but I just can't figure out how this disease can seemingly be SO infectious in one locale while in others you'll have people crawling on top of each other and dancing together and sharing drinks and living in close proximity in unhygienic conditions while it spreads to nobody there. Just weird.
Yeah... I know what you mean...

Maybe it’s the alcohol - let's inject it!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:18 pm

#12 wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/04/world/coronavirus-us-update.html?referringSource=articleShare

Number of cases in the world increasing faster than ever before... Shit's hitting the poorest countries now... I fear the worst :(

Also, Bolsonaro is a fucking cunt!
I wonder whether this lends credence to the idea that temperature has a big impact on the virus’ ability to spread. The countries heading into summer are reporting massive decreases and those heading out of it are reporting increases.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:29 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/04/world/coronavirus-us-update.html?referringSource=articleShare

Number of cases in the world increasing faster than ever before... Shit's hitting the poorest countries now... I fear the worst :(

Also, Bolsonaro is a fucking cunt!
I wonder whether this lends credence to the idea that temperature has a big impact on the virus’ ability to spread. The countries heading into summer are reporting massive decreases and those heading out of it are reporting increases.
I am fearing the Sept / Oct months .... a devastating second wave is very likely
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:37 am

It’s the inside I assume...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:18 am

No offence intended Ramsej, but your views on this have surprised me, in a good way. Most people who share your politics think it’s all a big over reaction, like Trump, Johnson and the Brazilian guy
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:26 am

Hehe thank you. Yes in fact I am very disappointed with their reaction.

Wait how is Johnson on that train as well since he had first hand experience?

& trump does not know where he stands, on one hand he accuses China (I fully agree, that they must pay some kind of price) & on the other he downplays the virus
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:44 am

Johnson’s government is one of the few that actually had it under control in the beginning and managed to lose it spectacularly to become one of the worst hit places. Of course there is complacency involved.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:26 am

ramsej84 wrote:Hehe thank you. Yes in fact I am very disappointed with their reaction.

& trump does not know where he stands, on one hand he accuses China (I fully agree, that they must pay some kind of price) & on the other he downplays the virus

I think he’s now of the opinion that because he’s had it he can sod everyone else and go for “herd immunity”. Now he’s started lifting restrictions while the infection rate is higher than when we “locked down” (and it wasn’t a proper lockdown anyway)
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:34 am

:shock:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:40 am

Oh and the “world class” track and trace system won’t be fully working until October. Honestly everything this government does turns to shit :lol:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:55 am

Lukas, do you think the pandemic will impact the Brexit negotiations or do you think Boris will stubbornly insist on crashing out in December whatever the case? I saw Northern Ireland has now backed an extension of the transition period through a vote. Scotland is also obviously in favour.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:58 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Lukas, do you think the pandemic will impact the Brexit negotiations or do you think Boris will stubbornly insist on crashing out in December whatever the case? I saw Northern Ireland has now backed an extension of the transition period through a vote. Scotland is also obviously in favour.

There is a growing consensus among even many conservatives that the negotiations must be extended. I believe the EU have given until October for him to make a decision.

What Johnson wants is what will happen though that’s just how he is. I fear he will keep being his usual stubborn self
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:08 am

Lukas wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Lukas, do you think the pandemic will impact the Brexit negotiations or do you think Boris will stubbornly insist on crashing out in December whatever the case? I saw Northern Ireland has now backed an extension of the transition period through a vote. Scotland is also obviously in favour.

There is a growing consensus among even many conservatives that the negotiations must be extended. I believe the EU have given until October for him to make a decision.

What Johnson wants is what will happen though that’s just how he is. I fear he will keep being his usual stubborn self

Yeah, I fear as much too. Didn't know that even the Conservatives are moving in that direction.

I get the impression, from some translations I've worked on recently, that some Western Europe ministers are slowly budging. It's not clear, more suggestive. They want to remove certain terms which are still covered by what's left inside, but it seems like a deliberate move to make it less explicit to me. That said, as far as I know it's the Commission that's negotiating mainly, not the Council.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:05 pm

Three new patients have been diagnosed with coronavirus, the health ministry has announced after 977 tests were carried out on Thursday.

Seven people recovered, bringing the number of active cases of COVID-19 to just 33 people. [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:00 pm

Lukas wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Hehe thank you. Yes in fact I am very disappointed with their reaction.

I think he’s now of the opinion that because he’s had it he can sod everyone else and go for “herd immunity”. Now he’s started lifting restrictions while the infection rate is higher than when we “locked down” (and it wasn’t a proper lockdown anyway)
Just because he had it doesn’t mean anything

That’s like me being a great pilot because I sat in a plane...

He provocatively shook hands of infected when he was still downplaying it - then he couldn’t anymore because he was forced to... It‘s what people who believe in these things call Karma...

And if by now you haven’t realized that NEVER taking any blame and ALWAYS accusing others is Trump's MO, you should really go back to school... Seriously...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge