You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:14 pm

Lukas wrote:Wow. Not sure if you’re aware but that P word is considered as appalling as the N word in the UK.

Appreciate that it may not be considered bad anywhere else (benefit of the doubt) but I actually find it quite offensive to read it on here
You are right especially because the context does bring the slur to mind. Like you said though it is usually not thought to be offensive in countries without large communities from Pakistan and India, so it’s very likely this was an unfortunate use.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:28 pm

Lukas wrote:Wow. Not sure if you’re aware but that P word is considered as appalling as the N word in the UK.

Appreciate that it may not be considered bad anywhere else (benefit of the doubt) but I actually find it quite offensive to read it on here
why???? Sorry if I offended someone.
I just wanted to shorten it ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:32 pm

I was not aware of that. Thanks for letting us know, mate.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:14 pm

"P-word" is the shortening of Pakistani that ramsej did? Weird...

I‘m not even offended by Kraut...

Btw, just how derogative would you categorize it? Is it worse than cunt?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:28 pm

#12 wrote:"P-word" is the shortening of Pakistani that ramsej did? Weird...

It’s the equivalent to Nigger. Hasn’t been used here widely since the 80s and is only used by blatant racists these days. Dates back to when immigrants from Pakistan and India came to work on the factories after the war (when pretty much everyone was racist in some way). The word probably doesn’t sound like much on the face of it (just short for Pakistani) until you look into the background of it and how it has been used in the UK

I’m probably more offended by Kraut than most Germans tbh since it’s usually Brexiteers and those who glorify the world wars that use it :lol:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:39 pm

Yeah it’s a very British thing. I was aware that it’s considered a slur but tbh did not even realise when I read the post because it’s not one we think of much elsewhere in the world. I only knew it because I consume a lot of British media and spend a lot of time there.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:42 pm

Lukas wrote:

It’s the equivalent to Nigger. Hasn’t been used here widely since the 80s and is only used by blatant racists these days. Dates back to when immigrants from Pakistan and India came to work on the factories after the war (when pretty much everyone was racist in some way). The word probably doesn’t sound like much on the face of it (just short for Pakistani) until you look into the background of it and how it has been used in the UK

I’m probably more offended by Kraut than most Germans tbh since it’s usually Brexiteers and those who glorify the world wars that use it :lol:
At least we have some food you can link us to not comprised of bland, doughy fish and a soggy excuse for actual fries
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:44 pm

The Swedes accepted that they are not only the most country with rapes but also the most idiotic... thanks to their policies during the pandemic
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:39 pm

Fewer than 40 people have coronavirus after another day of no new cases
14 more people recovered from COVID-19 [source]

[-o< [-o<
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:49 pm

#12 wrote:
Lukas wrote:

At least we have some food you can link us to not comprised of bland, doughy fish and a soggy excuse for actual fries

I doubt many that use it know that it’s German for a type of food, never mind what type of food. Personally I like German food. And I like fish and chips but don’t hold that against me :oops:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:01 pm

Lukas wrote:
#12 wrote:
Lukas wrote:[quote="#12"]"P-word" is the shortening of Pakistani that ramsej did? Weird...

I doubt many that use it know that it’s German for a type of food, never mind what type of food. Personally I like German food. And I like fish and chips but don’t hold that against me :oops:[/quote]I‘m not, it really also depends on where you get it... I just don’t understand why you people seem to hate salt and spices
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:01 pm

#12 wrote:
Lukas wrote:
#12 wrote:I‘m not, it really also depends on where you get it... I just don’t understand why you people seem to hate salt and spices

Some of us like a bit of taste to our food. Just that it’s all good from other countries. Indian, Chinese and Italian is very popular particularly among the non Brexit voting generations :P
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:45 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/04/worl ... ticleShare

Number of cases in the world increasing faster than ever before... Shit's hitting the poorest countries now... I fear the worst :(

Also, Bolsonaro is a fucking cunt!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:56 pm

This disease confuses me man.

Many of you probably saw the photos of all the crowds at Lake of the Ozarks here in the US. (If not, here: https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/hea ... 392.html#3 )

Well, somehow there was one positive test and in the weeks since...ZERO others have tested positive.

Similarly, in my town there is a big high rise apartment with a couple hundred residents. Honestly, it is in the low-income part of town, and I have been there a few times (used to do social work). It is extremely unclean and very tight quarters. Well, a month ago we had one person there test positive. They ordered tests for the entire complex, every single person....and again: not a single one came back positive.

Of course I'm no epidemiologist but I just can't figure out how this disease can seemingly be SO infectious in one locale while in others you'll have people crawling on top of each other and dancing together and sharing drinks and living in close proximity in unhygienic conditions while it spreads to nobody there. Just weird.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:09 pm

#12 wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/04/world/coronavirus-us-update.html?referringSource=articleShare

Number of cases in the world increasing faster than ever before... Shit's hitting the poorest countries now... I fear the worst :(

Also, Bolsonaro is a fucking cunt!
I have to agree
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge