You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:55 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Mutu this was a thing of life or death...
And the destruction of the World Economy.
This is an act of War

The destruction of the economy was done by the countries, not the virus.
cause of the locked down you mean?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:13 am

Food for thought for the bodybuilder

MAM noted that the current data showed a spike in cases in the last week and the situation was not stable as claimed. 

The 14 cases reported on Saturday were equivalent to 1,700 cases in Italy in a day. Moreover, Mater Dei in the last 10 days faced the worst crisis since the start of epidemic with three wards needing to be closed, and a record 287 persons on quarantine.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 19, 2020 7:42 am

ramsej84 wrote:Food for thought for the bodybuilder

MAM noted that the current data showed a spike in cases in the last week and the situation was not stable as claimed. 

The 14 cases reported on Saturday were equivalent to 1,700 cases in Italy in a day. Moreover, Mater Dei in the last 10 days faced the worst crisis since the start of epidemic with three wards needing to be closed, and a record 287 persons on quarantine.
Meh. The hospital is in great position. Hardly any Covid patient has been hospitalised and many patients for other things are not going in as much as usual. In fact a friend of mine was only working alternate weeks until recently. There does not seem to be any immediate risk of the hospital being overburdened.

Saying there has been a spike in cases is a spin. This is obviously going to happen when you relieve measures. The question is not whether there was a spike or not, but whether there has been any change in the hospital’s ability to cope with the increase, and the answer is no.

The small spike does not justify not relieving measures. Look, we could have done 3 main things:
1) Keep everything locked down, like the doctors want. This is the best option health-wise in virus terms, but it would have dealt a fatal blow to the economy, to many people’s lives, and to our mental health.
2) Remove all measures immediately including any and all restrictions like social distancing. Basically reverse the clock to January. This is the best option for normality and the economy and mental health, but it would have dealt a fatal blow to the health system.
3) We could do what we are doing: removing measures slowly while implementing new ones (such as, restaurants can open, but now they have new rules to abide by which they never had before). This deals a blow to both the economy and the health system, but neither one is fatal. It is spacing out the damage, so to speak. So the economy will be worse than we are accustomed to. There will be an expected spike in cases, but not bad enough that we can’t cope. Everyone makes sacrifices, but no one suffers unbearably.

So in other words, focusing purely on numbers and saying there has been a spike because instead of 2 asymptomatic/mild people a day we find 5 is very misleading with regard to the threat the virus poses to society. While their system of adjusting it for population made sense initially, now that we have 1) increased available beds, 2) seen that we have coped easily, and 3) learnt more about how the virus affects people and are consistently seeing that hardly anyone locally had severe symptoms (or even moderate, to be honest), it doesn’t make much sense to keep doing that. They can be the equivalent to 1700 people or 17000 in Italy, it doesn’t matter much anymore if we now know, unlike two months ago, that almost none of them will be hospitalised or die.

If we were to always take option 1, that is the maximum health benefit at the cost of everything else, we would always stay inside, virus or not. Because staying inside makes you safer in every scenario: you are safe from other transmissable diseases like the flu, you are less likely to be involved in an accident, you breathe in less pollution and toxic fumes, and so on. Yet usually we easily recognise that is worth sacrificing some of this safety to achieve balance instead. We go out and put some risk on ourselves to be able to live and to make life worth living in the first place. Why is it so bad to do the same thing and seek that balance now?

I hate that the “bodybuilder” is unelected by the people as prime minister and still insist he should have called an election immediately upon his appointment. I hate that he’s kept corrupt criminals around him. I still dislike many things about his government, mainly its complete disregard for the environment and its impunity for top criminals. But on this, hats off to him. He took the sensible route despite knowing how the people would react.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:44 am

What worries me is not the relaxing of rules....
But the Maltese gahan...
You know we are not the most disciplined ppl in the World....
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:54 am

ramsej84 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:The dirty bastards in Wuhan knew about the shit as early as October....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun ... wuhan/amp/

Some of the participants said:
@ the Airport people were being asked for their temperature...
Others said that they fell really sick..
And others said that the streets were almost empty...

Fu kong bastards and then the w.h.o told us not to isolate China

Not that crap again ... there's absolutely zero evidence that these athletes had covid 19. It's all claims and conjectures. If they are so certain, why doesn't anyone present a positive antibody test?
Let us say that they did not contracted it...
Still the strange things they observed are enough evidence to tell that something fishy was going on.

Also the same French authorities had said that they can be 100% sure that they had patients in Nov / Dec with the virus.

They can say a lot of things, the scientific evidence they provided is not NEARLY 100%... More like 5...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:56 am

This is an act of War
Mishaps are not acts of war you polemic, belligerent, martial warmonger!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Tue May 19, 2020 9:02 am

ramsej84 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:Not that crap again ... there's absolutely zero evidence that these athletes had covid 19. It's all claims and conjectures. If they are so certain, why doesn't anyone present a positive antibody test?
Let us say that they did not contracted it...
Still the strange things they observed are enough evidence to tell that something fishy was going on.

Also the same French authorities had said that they can be 100% sure that they had patients in Nov / Dec with the virus.

What French authorities said that? All I'm aware of is a craptastic study from Paris which doesn't prove a thing.(Deepl-translate it)

How come that of all those dozens of people who alleged had the virus in December or even earlier nobody ever shows up for an antibody test?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:52 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:
This is an act of War

The destruction of the economy was done by the countries, not the virus.
cause of the locked down you mean?

No shit. By the way, why weren't we waging war on US bankers in 2008?
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:14 pm

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:45 pm

A guy in Sicily went to a cafe for his usual espresso...
He paid the cashier with a € 50.00 and told her to keep the change since it had been closed for fifty days ...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Tue May 19, 2020 10:36 pm

Looks like it’s staring all over again in Italy :(
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:17 pm

Lukas wrote:Looks like it’s staring all over again in Italy :(
.... ....

And here we are to open it all by next Fri...

To fu k all the sacrifices we common ppl and our brave front liners did in the past two months...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:21 am

Cont from my last night's post....

Another 14 today in Malta...

The sit is getting serious again...

Meanwhile in South America it is getting precarious
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 20, 2020 9:47 am

ramsej84 wrote:Cont from my last night's post....

Another 14 today in Malta...

The sit is getting serious again...

Meanwhile in South America it is getting precarious
Let’s wait for the conference so we can hear the details. ~26 cases (I heard 15 today) over the past 48 hours is a lot but now that we know more about the disease I am firmly of the belief that this number does not matter compared to the number of hospitalisations. So if none of these 26 were hospitalised it doesn’t really worry me. Who cares if we have a second wave if absolutely no one suffers seriously from the disease (i.e. 0 hospitalisations)?

It should now be up to people to decide whether they want to remain locked down or go out with social distancing rules. To me the number of cases over the past week is too high to go out unnecessarily, mainly because I am concerned about family members. To someone in a different situation it might be different. Objectively the risk is very low to most people so if they’re not at risk of passing it on to someone vulnerable they might as well go out.

We also don’t have much information about clusters yet, btw. For example 4 people in the same home who were quarantined and all got infected should really only count as 1, for risk/safety purposes.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Wed May 20, 2020 10:48 am

Yesterday in Croatia once again confirmed what happens when infected Croats from abroad return their homes in Slavonia. 4 infected, 3 of them from Slavonski Brod (Đilkoš' hometown) which is just one hour far by car from my city. All 3 infected were in contact with Swedish crew or else we would have had just 1 case yesterday.

Government and local authorities have announced in the last 2 days that another wave of Croatian workers from Sweden and few other countries is about to arrive in the forthcoming days.

Czechs have allowed Croats to come and freely move in their country without any quarantine because they consider us safe and reliable due to our very successful prevention of COVID and quite low numbers among Croatian population.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge