You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:17 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:What I'm curious about is, with all these companies investing in work-from-home, will everyone get to go back someday or will certain jobs remain home-based?

It depends on the industry. Without giving too much away, for one, I work for a global professional services company and we have been progressing to slowly changing the stigma of coming in to work regardless of the virus. You can definitely choose to work from home if there are no need to come in (i.e. meetings), but because of the client-facing nature of the work, there's always an unwritten rule of "showing face".

I'm definitely seeing some investment which will have a lasting effect on my company. What's a bit more interesting is that, from what I can witness from my client, they are doing certain things differently because of the virus and people have started to notice that there's no value loss in the lack of face-to-face interaction. As long as you're responsible of your own productivity, the attitude of management is also slowly changing to accept reduced face-time / presentee-ism.

Definitely expect to have lasting effects on back-office work (e.g., finance, management, IT), but front-office (e.g. operations, customer services) is likely to return to normal.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:35 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
#12 wrote:As for your demand: I think that's a LOT to ask... Capacities to test everyone? What would happen, if everyone would want to test for HIV at once? And it is MUCH less contagious... To establish structures to have everyone tested in such a short time would take months at best... So you can accuse them of starting late, but beyond that is demanding too mich IMHO...

Stop being a melodramatic extremist. It's not to test everyone, just to test on-demand (even as a paid service). I wouldn't test myself tomorrow even if it's available, but I might do if I was planning to travel soon, or caught a cold.

South Korea's already established on-demand testing as I linked above. Europe is just too slow because they don't like disruptions. Maybe it would take months to establish full testing capacity at population level, but we don't even need that. All that needs to be done is deploying outposts incrementally in short bursts of time.

Nothing's ever too demanding. Everything is based on cost-benefit, so for instance if we were to decide to increase capacity sooner, less-essential costs could've been taken from elsewhere in the economy. We're just too afraid to do it, or shall I say too blind to the benefits to do it.
I‘m not melodramatic, I partly agree... We "outsourced" critical production and with it health related items - that’s where Capitalism went too far, and that's the problem...

However, with the current hype and problem, not everyone would react as calm as you and me and those places would be overrun! Even Germans aren’t as disciplined as Koreans in that regard because they’re too susceptible to panic and hysteria...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:04 pm

Well that is simply not true. Of course such a testing facility is likely to attract interest, but nothing I've seen here would suggest that everyone will rush over to the point of hysteria. Besides, capacity is capacity - if there's a limit, then there's a limit. People can be put to a waiting list, or as I said even a price could be imposed. There are ways around it.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:02 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Well that is simply not true. Of course such a testing facility is likely to attract interest, but nothing I've seen here would suggest that everyone will rush over to the point of hysteria. Besides, capacity is capacity - if there's a limit, then there's a limit. People can be put to a waiting list, or as I said even a price could be imposed. There are ways around it.
Well, if you pay the 600€ you usually CAN get tested here in Germany... I thought that was the issue...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:17 pm

#12 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Well that is simply not true. Of course such a testing facility is likely to attract interest, but nothing I've seen here would suggest that everyone will rush over to the point of hysteria. Besides, capacity is capacity - if there's a limit, then there's a limit. People can be put to a waiting list, or as I said even a price could be imposed. There are ways around it.
Well, if you pay the 600€ you usually CAN get tested here in Germany... I thought that was the issue...

Private or public?
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:20 pm

AFAIK private doctors don’t do it in order to not increase probability of infection...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:35 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Malta up by another 3 to 21 in total. All young people in their early 20s.
Of course, the party folk (not an accusation just further proof of my very own theory... Close the fucking clubs - for now!)
They all came from abroad...
Dublin
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:41 pm

The effects on the sport we loveImage
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Malta up by another 3 to 21 in total. All young people in their early 20s.
Of course, the party folk (not an accusation just further proof of my very own theory... Close the fucking clubs - for now!)
Dublin
And this is helping who exactly?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:34 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:
Dublin

Because they're only testing the people who went abroad. Also, it's only an assumption that they contracted the disease while they were abroad and not from Malta.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:55 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:[quote="FCBayernMunchen"]Malta up by another 3 to 21 in total. All young people in their early 20s.
Dublin

Because they're only testing the people who went abroad. Also, it's only an assumption that they contracted the disease while they were abroad and not from Malta.[/quote]They could not as we had no cases here.
It will explode this week. Since many did not observe the quarantine rules or went to work after coming from abroad.

Schools. Maybe they will continue during summer maybe just till 12.30 an
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:56 pm

Germany will close its borders with France, Austria and Switzerland from Monday morning due to the coronavirus crisis, a source close to the matter told AFP on Sunday, confirming a report in German media. 

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... and.778421

A big u turn by her Majesty Merkel.
Last edited by ramsej84 on Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:00 pm

Of course we had cases here. We've been hearing about them all week. And there are more, as there are in every country.

There is at least one infected student who went to a lecture. She could have infected at least one person we don't know about, who in turn would have affected others and so on. We really can't know whether these people got infected abroad or by one of these people.

It will explode in the coming week, I agree, but it is more likely they will be people who are already infected today and have not shown symptoms serious enough to get tested yet than people who will be infected in the coming days by people not observing quarantine. The increase is expected to be exponential. If it somehow isn't we would be very lucky because it would mean we've contained it before it got out of control, which is looking unlikely.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:25 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Germany will close its borders with France, Austria and Switzerland from Monday morning due to the coronavirus crisis, a source close to the matter told AFP on Sunday, confirming a report in German media. 

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... and.778421

A big u turn by her Majesty Merkel.
You still haven’t got the slightest idea about Germany and its constitution
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:31 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Of course we had cases here. We've been hearing about them all week. And there are more, as there are in every country.

There is at least one infected student who went to a lecture. She could have infected at least one person we don't know about, who in turn would have affected others and so on. We really can't know whether these people got infected abroad or by one of these people.

It will explode in the coming week, I agree, but it is more likely they will be people who are already infected today and have not shown symptoms serious enough to get tested yet than people who will be infected in the coming days by people not observing quarantine. The increase is expected to be exponential. If it somehow isn't we would be very lucky because it would mean we've contained it before it got out of control, which is looking unlikely.
I think you’re ahead of us and I still have hope for us... We have about 30 ICU beds per 100,000 population... I hope we can keep the curve flat enough to soften the strain on our healthcare...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge